New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    wow! sir G, Hataw ka sa byahe ah!!
    Nakita Kasi ng kids ko yung mga pictures namin sa Ilocos and they were envious specially my daughter so we decided to make another trip with them. We went to Pagudpud, Aparri, Cagayan, Isabela and took the Kayapa Highway going home. From Bayombong we would have gone further to Banaue and Bontoc and take the Halsema Highway but one of my front shocks got busted before reaching the junction to Appari so we decided to take the shorter route.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    The best strada I've seen so far! Astig!
    Ganda ng bullbar!!
    Except for the yellow ribbon. :peace:

OT: Rancho rs9000 ba yang shock nyo? TIA

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    *g01

marami na bang Gasoline station after Ilocos going to pagudpud? (sa java hotel laoag ako nag checkin before - with caltex gas station.) balak ko din kasi bumalik ng pagudpud, pero diretso na ako sa taas paikot .. my route will be manila-panggasinan-vigan-laoag-pagudpud-patapat bridge then pabalik ako via tuguegarao-isabela,nueva ecija-bulacan-nlex

Thanks

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    The best strada I've seen so far! Astig!
    Ganda ng bullbar!!
    Except for the yellow ribbon. :peace:

OT: Rancho rs9000 ba yang shock nyo? TIA
    Thanks! Don't mind the yellow ribbon hehe.

Rancho RS9000XL po yung mga shocks, sir. Bumigay na yung isa sa front shocks. I guess dahil sa bigat ng bumper kaya siya nag-leak ng tuluyan. Last week medyo konti lang yung leak then after na I went over sa isang hump at high speed going to Aparri naramdaman ko na medyo matalbog at maalon na yung ride. Nasa Ilagan na kami when I took these pics.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by t3kk3n View Post
    *g01

marami na bang Gasoline station after Ilocos going to pagudpud? (sa java hotel laoag ako nag checkin before - with caltex gas station.) balak ko din kasi bumalik ng pagudpud, pero diretso na ako sa taas paikot .. my route will be manila-panggasinan-vigan-laoag-pagudpud-patapat bridge then pabalik ako via tuguegarao-isabela,nueva ecija-bulacan-nlex

Thanks
    I am not sure kung meron gasoline stations between Laoag and Pagudpud, sir. Twice na kasi that I refueled sa Loaog before proceeding to Pagudpud so I didn't bother checking kung meron mga gas stations after Laoag. From Pagudpud going Aparri meron akong nakitang mga gas stations. That will be a long trip, sir .

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    With my family this time at the tower:

A lot of people at the beach in Pagudpud:

All the resorts are full so we spent the night at the Parabor Inn which is outside the resort area:

The following morning on our way to the Patapat Viaduct we dropped by at the Stingray Memorial Monument, around 4 kilometers from the highway:

Nice beach just before reaching Stingray MM:
    Last edited by G01; April 4th, 2010 at 09:55 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    On our way back to the highway the Hilux owner who was already there at the monument when we got here and who offered and took a picture of the four of us decided to do a joint run with me rally style :

View before reaching the Patapat Viaduct:

At the Viaduct:

Sta. Praxedes:

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Sanchez Mira:

Bridge just before reaching the Aparri/Tuguegarao junction:

From there on the surrounding views were not as exciting so we just drove on till we reached Santiago and spent the night at the Amancia Hotel. In the morning we continued our trip back home and took the Kayapa route to Baguio. After passing Ambuklao Dam we dropped by at the Adonot River to finalize the location of the TSCP camping area after doing the Mount Pulag trek.

After more than 800 kilometers drive we finally reached home. Got to bring my Strada to the service center for the 50K PMS and get my busted front shock replaced.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by G01 View Post
    After more than 800 kilometers drive we finally reached home. Got to bring my Strada to the service center for the 50K PMS and get my busted front shock replaced.
    WOW! 800kms! Ultimate Roadtrip!! :thumbup:

sir G, did you use coil spacers na?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    WOW! 800kms! Ultimate Roadtrip!! :thumbup:

sir G, did you use coil spacers na?
    I talked to sir Dadz about a month ago about the coil spacers in case something like this happens to my Rancho shocks and he told me that he will be sending me the coil spacers soon. I was thinking then that when the time comes for me to replace the rancho shocks with a new set I wouldn't want the new set to be modified again and use instead the coil spring spacers to get the 3" lift. Now that my shock got busted I am planning to reinstall the Amada shocks that I bought from sir Dadz while waiting for the coil spacers. Maybe the Amada shocks will now be less stiff since the nose of my Strada is now heavier.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Trip to the Ilocos region - Preview of TSCP's future fun run to Pagudpud