New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by docruben View Post
    Its quite assuring na si kcboy likes rexton... right now my fear is baka magsara ang ssangyong dito and wala akong mabiling spare parts. What do you think guys considering kaunti lng ang rexton dito.
    Malabong magsara ang Ssangyong rito sa Pinas dahil ang main distributor nyan ay yung same group na mayari ng Wheels(Manila Bay,New Manila),Citimotors at Union Motors at iba pa,grabe bigatin yang mga yan...

CRDI din ang Ssangyong Rexton..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't think Ssangyong's going to fold up anytime soon. I would think they did their homework and researched whether they'd have a market locally, and opened shop only when the answer to that question was yes. And like what OTEP said, the main parts shouldn't be too hard to source, in case the Ssanyong dealers close.

KCboy, pix naman jan Haven't been in a Rexton, and the outside in stock form doesn't catch my fancy, but then your ride might just change my mind

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ill take pics later....n post it here.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMHO, the OEM wheels really 'uglify' the Rexton. The hubcaps look like Nissin Cup Noodle bowls. What's worse is the front hubcaps don't match the rear hubcaps!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Oo nga otep, di ko rin type yung mismatch na hubs. Kaya nga i m waiting for rexton 2 but it seems to take forever dumating dito, last year pa nila sinasabi na darating yun. Mukhang pinauubos pa nila yung current stocks ng rexton. Cguro if they changed the rims and upgrade yung audio system nila mas attractive bilhin yung current rexton.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Walang cup holders ang Rexton, not advisable for long driving.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    OT: tanong ko lang... nagagamit ba talaga cup holders? i think cans lang ata pwede but your own mug of coffee cannot fit.
    iam3739.com

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    2 of my friends own a rexton V6 and rexton 2.7 li CRDi, they are identical except for the engine. i was able to drive the V6 last weekend, the suspension was a bit hard and bouncy, the aircon was not as cool as my xtrail, and the steering wheel is as heavy as the fortuner. though the engine was powerful, the body seems heavy enough to experince a heavy ride.

i liked the sound system, the head unit was touch screen with dvd player, plus 6 speakers. also the sunroof was a plus factor.

problem was the gas mileage was about 5 kms to a liter city driving. so better to get the crdi variant. and the bigger problem is the re sale value, i heard an owner selling his 1 1/2 yrs old unit and there were no buyers. lastly, my friend tried to refinance his unit with a bank and the bank refused to accept the rexton for refinancing.

so if you are bent on getting a korean suv, go for the sta fe 4x4 CRDi at P1.640MM. i think the rexton will go where the musso went, in limbo. hehe sorry to rexton owners, just my personal view..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    [QUOTE=yourman;837976]the bigger problem is the re sale value, i heard an owner selling his 1 1/2 yrs old unit and there were no buyers. lastly, my friend tried to refinance his unit with a bank and the bank refused to accept the rexton for refinancing.
    [QUOTE]

WTF! I would call that an "auto discrimination".

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    [QUOTE=Lupisak;837980][QUOTE=yourman;837976]the bigger problem is the re sale value, i heard an owner selling his 1 1/2 yrs old unit and there were no buyers. lastly, my friend tried to refinance his unit with a bank and the bank refused to accept the rexton for refinancing.

WTF! I would call that an "auto discrimination".
    yup. the rexton was refused. very sad.. btw, it has 4 cup holders in front and 2 at the 2nd row seats and another 2 at the 3rd row seats...

the exterior looks of the rexton is liked by some and hated by many.. your preference sir, as they say, beauty lies on the eyes of the beholder. hehe

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
rexton by ssangyong worth it?