New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Good day all,

I need your help with my current predicament.

We recently got the First Gen Actyon. The one with the 2.3 gasoline engine (M111 Benz like in the E230). Drives okay but hums at 60km/hr. Cruven checked and recommended the replacement of the front wheel bearings. I called Ssangyong casa and inquired about the part. They said they had none available, and they'll order if ever with an expected delivery of the part at 1 and a half month. So its out of the question. Cruven sent their rider to Manila Bearing and another supplier with the sample, with no success. I got the sample and went to Banawe earlier with no success as well since most shops were closed. Went to Evangelista and Pasay Taft. Same thing.

Cruven owner Claro recommended that I ask at Enkat. It was closed when I dropped by kanina. A friend suggested Recto where there are several bearing centers.

I haven't called Fronte or Goodgear yet. I've messaged the FB accounts of Korean auto suppliers including Ssangyong Cebu, with just Cika responding that they need a sample. I've messaged the Ssangyong UK club for interchange part numbers and one guy offered me the part but he's from Europe I have a feeling it's going to cost me an arm (he hasn't sent me a quotation yet).

Part number stamped on the bearing is
    TU 0907. I've checked eBay and the part is available. But would prefer buying it locally.

What would you recommend I do?

Thank you in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by retsmd View Post
    Good day all,

We recently got the First Gen Actyon. The one with the 2.3 gasoline engine (M111 Benz like in the E230). Drives okay but hums at 60km/hr. Cruven checked and recommended the replacement of the front wheel bearings. I called Ssangyong casa and inquired about the part. They said they had none available, and they'll order if ever with an expected delivery of the part at 1 and a half month. So its out of the question. Cruven sent their rider to Manila Bearing and another supplier with the sample, with no success. I got the sample and went to Banawe earlier with no success as well since most shops were closed. Went to Evangelista and Pasay Taft. Same thing.

Cruven owner Claro recommended that I ask at Enkat. It was closed when I dropped by kanina. A friend suggested Recto where there are several bearing centers.

I haven't called Fronte or Goodgear yet. I've messaged the FB accounts of Korean auto suppliers including Ssangyong Cebu, with just Cika responding that they need a sample. I've messaged the Ssangyong UK club for interchange part numbers and one guy offered me the part but he's from Europe I have a feeling it's going to cost me an arm (he hasn't sent me a quotation yet).

TU 0907. I've checked eBay and the part is available. But would prefer buying it locally.

Thank you in advance.
    I've read somewhere that Kyron, Rexton and Stavic front wheel bearings are the same as Actyon. Possibly with Musso and Korando as well. Especially with those sharing the same engine (2.3 gas).

Ssangyong owners of those models may chime in

Thanks again

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Good day all,

Thank you in advance.
    do your shopping during the weekday, when all the shops are open.
    you already know firsthand, that most shops are closed on sundays.
    baka merong stock yung mga sarado that day.
    also, visit the MB or other european stores. because of your car's design history, these stores might have 'em.
    happy hunting.
    Qapla!
    Last edited by dr. d; July 15th, 2018 at 09:10 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    do your shopping during the weekday, when all the shops are open.
    you already know firsthand, that most shops are closed on sundays.
    baka merong stock yung mga sarado that day.
    also, visit the MB or other european stores. because of your car's design history, these stores might have 'em.
    happy hunting.
    Qapla!
    Duly noted, Dr. D. Thank you for the inputs.
    Only got the sample late Saturday afternoon from Cruven.

Will be posting developments for future reference.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Duly noted, Dr. D. Thank you for the inputs.
    Only got the sample late Saturday afternoon from Cruven.

Will be posting developments for future reference.
    All, I was eventually able to find the needed bearing. But it took some time, patience and due diligence.

First, Ssangyong casa quoted the said bearing P7,5k (one side only), and they still had to order it - with expected delivery of part in 1 and a half month. That is quite unreasonable to a brand customer.
    Second, most bearing suppliers unfortunately don't carry or have no stocks of the said bearing.
    Third, the MB100 (Ssangyong Istana) front wheel bearing has a different dimension and it certainly won't fit.
    Fourth, google is your best friend.
    Fifth, you can source said part in eBay, Amazon and your typical Chinese online stores.
    Sixth and definitely not the least, Ichi Ban has come to my rescue for the nth time.

As last Sunday's rounds were futile, I had to search online for alternative part numbers for the front wheel bearing.
    This is what I discovered.

These are the OEM part numbers:
    SsangYong 41423-21300
    SsangYong 41423-21200.

This is equivalent to the NTN (part number TU 0907) front wheel bearing of my Actyon I.
    I called almost all bearing centers (Manila Bearing, Philippine Bearing, United Bearing, Bearing Kingdom, etc) and unfortunately ended up not getting a single hit.

The dimensions of the bearing are: inner diameter (45mm), outer diameter (82mm) and width/thickness (45mm).

Based on the above information, I was able to determine the following equivalent/interchange parts for the aforesaid bearing:
    NSK: 45KWD07 (45KWD07-CA128-U42-01-NSK)
    Febest: DAC45820045
    JAPANPARTS: KK-20005
    BENDIX: 050916B

Further searching led me to less well known brands (and their P/Ns):
    PFI PW45820045CSHD
    ASHIKA 44-20005
    JAPKO 420005
    SPIDAN 27811
    FLENNOR FR961622
    NK 765701
    OPTIMAL 972733
    KAWE FR961622
    Sbs 1401765701
    SK SK18061
    RPK RPK18061
    TRISCAN 8530 10283
    BLUE PRINT: ADG08399
    HERTH+BUSS JAKOPARTS J4710403
    KAVO PARTS: WB-7501
    MDR: MWB-R0005
    BWR-45008

It's too bad that most auto supply shops don't have them in their stock.

It is worth mentioning that the front wheel bearing of my Actyon is actually compatible with the front and rear wheel bearings of its Sssangyong brethren:
    SSANGYONG Actyon (2WD) (front wheel) 2006-2015
    SSANGYONG Actyon (2WD, 4WD) (rear wheel) 2006-2015
    SSANGYONG Actyon Sports (2WD) (front wheel) 2006-2015
    SSANGYONG Actyon Sports (2WD, 4WD) (rear wheel) 2006-2015
    SSANGYONG Kyron (2WD) (front wheel) 2005-2015
    SSANGYONG Kyron (2WD, 4WD) (rear wheel) 2005-2015
    SSANGYONG Rextion (2WD, 4WD) (rear wheel) 2002-2015
    SSANGYONG Rodius (2WD) (front whee) 2005-2013
    SSANGYONG Rodius (2WD, 4WD) (rear wheel) 2004-2015
    SSANGYONG Stavic (2WD) (front wheel) 2004-2015
    SSANGYONG Stavic (2WD, 4WD) (rear wheel) 2004-2015

Knowing this didn't help due to the limited availability of parts as well as the limited number of stores carrying Ssangyong parts. Fronte and the other Korean parts shops didn't have the bearing (they only had the the MB100 bearing ). I actually went to surplus shops with also limited success.

The rain didn't help too. But it led me to Ichi Ban. Since it was traffic, I caught a glimpse of its signage and decided to park and ask.
    The old man has helped me out several times already with my Toyota Cressida and Lexus LS400. Maybe, I will get lucky this time as well.
    The owners didn't have it in stock. They measured the dimensions, made the necessary calls and after a few minutes, one of their helpers brought in a new set of bearings.

I counter-checked the part number with my list.
    And voila: it was the NSK bearing. With the exact part number: 45KWD07.
    They got their calipers and started measuring, but I knew that I hit the jackpot.

It was priced higher than most bearings (north of 2k), but it was priced lower than Casa's P7,5k or eBay's $100 (no shipping), so I made the deal.

For others who find themselves in the same dilemma as me, the equivalent part numbers are listed above.
    You may also try dropping by Ichi Ban's. I always leave that place content.

Thanks again to those who helped out.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    sir saan po kayo nagpa service ng actyon? casa nalang ba talaga ang best option since rare ang parts nito kung may need palitan?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2023
    I understand that you are currently experiencing a problem with your Ssangyong Actyon. The car is making a humming noise at 60km/hr, and Cruven has recommended that you replace the front wheel bearings.

I have done some research on this issue, and it appears that the part number you need is TU 0907. This part is available on eBay, but you would prefer to buy it locally at https://en.tradebearings.com.

I would recommend that you continue to call around to different bearing centers and auto parts stores. You may also want to try contacting a Korean auto parts supplier directly. They may be able to get you the part you need at a more affordable price.

In the meantime, you may want to try driving the car at a slower speed to avoid damaging the bearings further.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i am curious,
    is there something special with the actyon's bearings?
    if they are "nothing special" naman, they should be easily available at ordinary auto parts stores.
    i used to besta, and i could easily source parts from pasay rotonda.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am curious,
    is there something special with the actyon's bearings?
    if they are "nothing special" naman, they should be easily available at ordinary auto parts stores.
    i used to besta, and i could easily source parts from pasay rotonda.
    agree... I don't think Ssangyong will create/design a special bearing for their vehicles.

my personal rule in buying parts for "special cars" - don't tell the store the model you're looking for

minsan the staff are just lazy to check which part will match your requirement.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    agree... I don't think Ssangyong will create/design a special bearing for their vehicles.

my personal rule in buying parts for "special cars" - don't tell the store the model you're looking for

minsan the staff are just lazy to check which part will match your requirement.
    when i was new to the auto ownership experience,
    i initially thought parts were unique to the car.
    it was much later, that i realized that for car manufacturers to minimize on manufacturing costs, they had to design cars that will share exactsame parts with other cars.

when i still had my besta,
    whenever i needed to replace a part, i would ask if they had a japanese equivalent part. it seems, besta and mazda shared many parts.
    when i had to have my clutch replaced, i got the mazda equivalent. ang lambot ng clutch pedal afterward!
    Last edited by dr. d; November 20th, 2023 at 12:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast