New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    The world's ugliest car gets a make over. Now redefines hideous. LOL!!!

If you think the mid-1970s AMC Pacer was a design abomination, then you probably haven't laid eyes on the SsangYong Rodius, a large MPV that has been voted multiple times as one of the ugliest cars in production.
    The funny thing about the Rodius (aside from its looks), is that it was penned by Ken Greenley, former head of the automotive design course at the Royal College of Art in London, which is one of the world's top automotive design schools.

It took SsangYong nine years, but the Korea carmaker is ready to call it quits and introduce a brand new and possibly less controversial design (better wait to see it in person to be sure) for its minivan.

The successor to the Rodius, which is also named Stavic in certain markets and Korando Turismo in Korea, will be revealed in the flesh at the Geneva motor show in early March and go on sale around the world by summer.

Here's what SsangYong had to say about the new generation of the Rodius:

"Based on its design philosophy ‘Robust, Premium, Specialty’, the new front line emphasizes Ssangyong’s boldness and its spacious body combines dynamics with sophistication."

"Styled to be fit for outdoor, off-road driving as well as on-road driving with its streamline-shape of the radiator grille and headlamp, the new Rodius/Stavic also offers a whole package of convenience and practical values by fulfilling various needs from business, leisure, and travel."

The Korean carmaker, which was bought by India's Mahindra & Mahindra in 2011, added that the new Rodius will be offered with 2.0-liter diesel and 3.2-liter petrol engines. -carscoop blogspot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aaw51079c566601d.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pontiac aztek is that you? Hehe.

Looks better than the first one but still no beauty queen. And dual gauge clusters? Hahaha

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    a lot less stupid looking.

the original is still the Pontiac Aztek rivaling model

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In the uk, the 4wd rodius is used as a countryside ambulance

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In the uk, the 4wd rodius is used as a countryside ambulance

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    And dual gauge clusters? Hahaha
    hahahaha. napascroll up ako. haha

still ugly. but at least....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    hahahaha. napascroll up ako. haha

still ugly. but at least....
    seems like, ugly and proud of it. :p

8. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    The design is simple. Simple enough that I would have ignored it if it were passing down the streets, if ever there would be one.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by godward View Post
    The design is simple. Simple enough that I would have ignored it if it were passing down the streets, if ever there would be one.
    Exterior looks, it doesn't look that bad. Much better looking than the previous model IMO But this 11-seater looks cramped inside. Dapat tinanggal na lang yung 4th row. When I saw this, I thought baka ok na eto for my family (me, wifey plus 3 kids n 1 yaya) but when I read you reactions, napapa-dalawang isip ako Sino ba ang local distributor ng Ssangyong dito sa atin?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    Exterior looks, it doesn't look that bad. Much better looking than the previous model IMO But this 11-seater looks cramped inside. Dapat tinanggal na lang yung 4th row. When I saw this, I thought baka ok na eto for my family (me, wifey plus 3 kids n 1 yaya) but when I read you reactions, napapa-dalawang isip ako Sino ba ang local distributor ng Ssangyong dito sa atin?
    I have to agree. Okay na 'tong bagong generation. Mas maganda na exterior looks, okay na yung interior, at mas nagandahan ako dahil sa 11-seater passenger seating at cargo space, talagang practical. Eto na nga sana kukunin ko pero nag-aalala pa ako sa kasikatan ng Ssangyong. Di naman siya ganon kasikip, kamukha dito:
    lh3.ggpht.com/-54Ruq47ycUk/URLlzXEXWyI/AAAAAAALkPw/8mPkyzSaS1k/s1600/2014-SsangYong-Rodius-37%25255B5%25255D.jpg

Ang alam ko walang dealership ang Ssangyong dito sa Pinas, correct me if I'm wrong?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast