New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Pacquaio RP's Flag bearer.

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

7 100.00%
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    personally I don't really care, but been reading other forums and people say that it should be an Olympian an athlete that is actually included in the RP team who would actually participate in the Olympic...

parang inaagaw nanaman daw ni Pacquiao and spot light from our Olympians...I know that Pacquiao is a very, very late replacement sino ba ang original Flag bearer dapat natin?

so what is your take?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The honor should go to a current athlete participating in the Olympics or a former Olympian that has represented the country in previous Olympics. As if Pacman needs anymore attention he has taken the honor from other athletes because of the midget in Malacanang.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    The question would be does he have the time?

I think he is too busy doing ridiculous things like co-hosting that GMA-7 show with Joey Marquez and super gay Keempee De Leon. He looks like a mascot.

I guess he also hasn't heard of the phrase 'you are the company that you keep'

Last edited by Memphis Raines; August 7th, 2008 at 10:59 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    HELL NO.

the Olympians have toiled their entire lives to represent their country in this event. they didn't do it for the publicity or the money obviously.

now the one chance that one of them can receive some special recognition by carrying the flag, aagawan pa nila.

nothing against Manny...it was most likely offered to him and he accepted. actually i think boxing is behind the times in that it doesn't let pros play in the Olympics (hockey, basketball and others have done it for years)...otherwise he would be the RP's greatest hope for gold :1stplace:

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    it just simply is not right. . .it should be an olympian, either presently or in the past

hindi na inisip nung mga taong concerned ang kahihiyang dulot nito. . .wala na bang ibang pilipino?. . .eto magiging comment ng mga tao sa bird's nest stadium:

he's not an olympian. . .no un olimpico. . .orinpikku senshu ja nai. . .pas un olympien. . .nicht ein olimpier. . .no un olimpionico

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007

NO

give chance to others

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    The question would be does he have the time?

I think he is too busy doing ridiculous things like co-hosting that GMA-7 show with Joey Marquez and super gay Keempee De Leon. He looks like a mascot.

I guess he also hasn't heard of the phrase 'you are the company that you keep'

pupunta siya nilakad talaga yun papers niya hinabol talaga, dahil hinde yata pwede makasama sa parade kung hinde athletes or sports officials, but talagang nilakad yun accreditation niya sa mga Chinese officials...

nakak demoralized lang kay Miguel Molina a swimmer who was supposed to be our flag bearer, matagal na siyang napili but the last minue pinalitan nga siya ni Pacman...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    si atienza kasi may pasimuno nyan na si manny ang ilagay bilang flag bearer.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    IMHO, a shame and an embarrassment

it would have been more fitting for paeng (with his guinness world record) and humble disposition to carry the flag

it's not just about athleticism but also about character, intelligence and integrity

the moment he ran (and lost) for a political position, it ended his being an athlete. now, he is contemplating another political career and who knows, a stab at being the president ?????? if and when that happens, it is definitely time to really seriously consider migrating :hysterical:

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    why not???

i'll take pacman over molina.

are you in favor of Pacquiao carrying the RP flag in the Olympic?