Who's watching this? The series is being shown via TFC (delayed basis), kaya kahit papa'no, napapanood ko ito.

There's no Bata or Django, and the rest of RP's big time cue artists. Nasa ibang grupo ata ( Pati sa billiards may faction pa......)

Pero there are some "never heard" names on the RP contingent. Like this Pulpul (what a name!). Pero magaling siya! Na-oust nya yung si ***y. Pasok na siya sa Round of 32.

Sana Pinoy ang mag-champion.

Journal.com.ph
Oct. 3, 2008

http://www.journal.com.ph/index.php?...ec=7&aid=74671

Pulpul Sends Austrian Beauty Packing for Home

Demosthenes Pulpul of the Philippines is making a name for himself as a giant killer in the WPA World Pool Ten Ball championship.

The 23-year-old pride of Cagayan de Oro outlasted crowd favorite Jasmin Ouschan of Austria, 9-8, capping a thrilling finish for the Filipinos’ campaign yesterday at the Philippine International Convention Center.

Barely getting a sleep because of excitement of playing in his first last 64 stage of a world pool event – and being watched by millions from all parts of the globe on television – Pulpul didn’t let himself get distracted either by his rival’s charm and skills.

But Pulpul needed some sort of a miracle to get things done. He asked for Divine Intervention, and his prayers were answered.

Ouschan, the top-ranked lady player of the World Pool Association, missed a potential game winner – the orange ball 5 in the corner.

Getting a new lease in life, Pulpul didn’t waste the slim opportunity and sank the remaining five balls.

“Excited ako dahil first time na mapapanood ako ng maraming tao sa TV. First time ko ring lalaro sa last 64 ng world pool,” said Pulpul.

Asked whether he was distracted by the pretty Austrian, Pulpul gave an honest answer.

“Maganda naman talaga siya eh,” said Pulpul with a smile. “Wala tayong magagawa dyan.”

The entry of Pulpul coupled by Leonardo Didal’s 9-5 victory over Chinese counterpart Zhang Shu Chun means that two Filipinos, who played in the qualifier last week at the Star Billiards Center, will go into the Final 32 of this event organized by Raya Sports and presented by ESPN Star Sports, ABS-CBN, Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation, Sofitel Hotel and Resorts, Federland, Metrobank, Alaxan FR, Philippine Toursim Authority, Star Billiards, Billiards Snooker Congress of the Philippines, Brunswick, Predator, Philippine Reclamation Authority and media partners Manila Bulletin, Business Mirror and Tempo.

Playing with pain or any sort of sickness, double world champion Ralf Souquet of Germany and reigning World 9-ball titlist Daryl Peach of Great Britain from moving into the round of 32.

Peach, who had a bout with flu, subdued Filipino Arnel Bautista, 9-4. Souquet, who is playing against stomach pain, dumped Imran Majid of Great Britain, 9-5.

“I feel a lot better now in my game,” said Peach. “I made some big shots out there and I played more cautious, especially now that I’m against a Fiipino player who is also known as a giant killer.”

Wu, who has a chance to become the first triple world champion, ripped American Stevie Moore to join his buddy and former classmate Ko.

Ko advanced to the next round after demolishing Ruslan Chinahov, 9-2.

“I’m so excited about my chances,” said Wu thru his interpreter Steven Lin. “The first time I joined the World 9-ball and World 8-ball, I won it immediately. Now, I have a pretty good chance in the World Ten Ball. I feel happy as well for my former classmate Ko, who’s been given more exposure and recognition.”

Also advancing to the round of 32 of this event were Shane Van Boening and Shaun Wilkie of the United States, Bruno Muratore of Italy, Mark Gray of Great Britain, Mika Immonen of Finland, Liu Haitao of China, Tyler Edey of Canada, Vilmos Foldes of Hungary, Kazuo Furuta of Japan and Yang Ching Shun of Chinese Taipei.