New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    STRUGGLERS > STRUTTERS
    changed 2, removed 1
    Mr. juntzo, STRUTTER is a noun but when checked at dictionary.com the word STRUTTERS is not found, unlike word such as runner that can be written as runners. So, is strutters a violation of rule 5? if it is, then mr. boybi ows me 10tc ....

just a note.. maybe people who challenged the poster's word should pay 10tc if proven wrong or mr. juntzo ruled it out.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
    Mr. juntzo, STRUTTER is a noun but when checked at dictionary.com the word STRUTTERS is not found, unlike word such as runner that can be written as runners. So, is strutters a violation of rule 4? if it is, then mr. boybi ows me 10tc ....

just a note.. maybe people who challenged the poster's word should pay 10tc if proven wrong or mr. juntzo ruled it out.
    If it's a noun, then it definitely have a plural form. I have checked the online dictionary of Merriam Webster (www.m-w.com) and my Franklin electronic dictionary and the word STRUTTERS is a valid word.

Maybe dictionary.com just don't include words in plural forms maybe because if the word is a noun, then it's automatic that it will have a plural form.

Now, if my word is indeed valid, do I get my 10TC from you?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    If it's a noun, then it definitely have a plural form. I have checked the online dictionary of Merriam Webster (www.m-w.com) and my Franklin electronic dictionary and the word STRUTTERS is a valid word.

Maybe dictionary.com just don't include words in plural forms maybe because if the word is a noun, then it's automatic that it will have a plural form.

Now, if my word is indeed valid, do I get my 10TC from you?
    smart dude ..but you know that i just pointed it out. that if a challeger is proven wrong he has to pay back. but you see, there is no ruling yet about it dude...and if it will be, "any case prior to the ruling is not yet affected" ... and by the way the rule said... and i qoute: "USE ONLY COMMON ENGLISH WORDS THAT ARE VALID ACCDNG TO WWW.DICTIONARY.COM. how about that man... tahimik lang si sir juntzo ah..cmon boss..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok, let's just wait for juntzo's verdict

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Revised Rules:
    1. You can change up to 2 letters and/or add or subtract 1 letter in any order. (pwede rumble!)
    2. You must point out the changes you did. Red for changed letter and Blue for added or subtracted letter with explanation enclosed in parenthesis.
    examples:
    PALL > SPOOL (2 changed 1 added)
    CALLS > COOL (2 changed 1 subtracted)
    3. Just adding or subtracting the letter "S" at the end of the word in not valid!
    examples:
    TRAY > TRAYS (1 added) = not valid
    TRAYS > TRAY (1 subtracted) = not valid
    TRAY > STRAY (1 added) = valid
    TRAY > TRIPS (2 changed 1 added) = valid
    3. No consecutive entries of a member.
    4. If two players posted for the same word. Only the first one is valid.

[SIZE=3]5. Use only common English words that are valid according to [/SIZE][SIZE=3]www.dictionary.com[/SIZE][SIZE=3] SCRABBLE rules.[/SIZE]

6. Violators of the above rules will be penalized 10 Tcash to be donated to the player who pointed out the violation. Player who doesn't pay the penalty forfeits his/her chance to win the prize.
    7. Players must donate 20 Tcash to [SIZE=4]juntzo[/SIZE] to join as registration fee. Non-registered players can't win the prize.
    8. Player who posted the last valid word wins the 1000 Tcash!

..mukhang busy sa trbaho si mr. juntzo ah...[SIZE=1]di tulad natin noh[/SIZE]...

alam mo napansin ko na ang rule 3 dapat ay "Minimun of 2 letters alteration in a given word" kasi gaya ng say, StRAY > SpRAY parang sagwa eh iisang letter lang but this is valid as to the prevailing rules.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    STRUGGLERS > STRUTTERS
    changed 2, removed 1
    BTT:
    If boybi wins: STRUTTERS > STRICTER
    changed 2, removed 1

If dbuzz wins: STRUGGLERS > STRINGERS
    changed 2, removed 1

OT:#1 taga-ban sa tsikot si boybi... sabi ng chismax...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg View Post
    BTT:
    changed 2, removed 1

changed 2, removed 1

paktaylo na!!..lol

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    now we have to wait for sir juntzo's reply...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg View Post
    BTT:
    changed 2, removed 1

changed 2, removed 1

ssshhh.....tsismis lang yan

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Pwede daw rumble, check Rule #1.:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BLINGBLING
    Sir Juntzo, please clarify. Is this a valid entry based on its caption? Since Sir Boybi interchanged the letters "I" and "K" of the original word (and then changed "K" to "C").

AFAIK, we can change and/or add letters but the spelling order of the original word must be retained. Please confirm. TIA.

(In any case, the word SPACIER is still a valid entry but the caption should read as "changed 2, added 1", because letters "I" and "K" were changed to "A" and "C" respectively and the a new letter "I" was added.)

Sir Juntzo, kindly confirm which condition is correct.

If Sir Boybi's understanding is correct then do you mean if for example, the orginal word is "NORTH", the word "HORN" (deleted 1) is valid?

Previously, I used the word "thorn"(an anagram of "north") as an example and you said it was invalid. How about "horn"? Because this is the interpretation of Sir Boybi - that you can interchange the letters as long as you add or delete a letter. What's the deal?

Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Word Game Part II. Win 1000 TCash!