New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    yan ang ginagamit ng excuse ni mark anthony fernandez diba? chongki for his cancer daw?
    Yup, something to the effect na advise daw ng dad nya. Tapos nagchange ng kwento na may naglagay lang daw sa car nya. Doesn't matter, it's still illegal under Ph law. Also, that variety is the one high in THC, the one that causes hallucinations. Not the medical variety.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Yup, something to the effect na advise daw ng dad nya. Tapos nagchange ng kwento na may naglagay lang daw sa car nya. Doesn't matter, it's still illegal under Ph law. Also, that variety is the one high in THC, the one that causes hallucinations. Not the medical variety.

'Marijuana receptor' uncovered in new study

MNT Knowledge Center
    Written by Honor Whiteman
    Published: Thursday 20 October 2016

THC is the main psychoactive component of marijuana that is responsible for the mind-altering effects of the drug, but the exact mechanisms by which it produces such effects have been unclear. Now, researchers have pieced together the clearest picture to date of how THC binds to a specific cannabinoid receptor in the brain to produce the "high" associated with marijuana use.
    [CB1 receptor]
    The model of the CB1 receptor demonstrates how molecules such as THC bind to and activate it.
    Image credit: Yekaterina Kadyshevskaya, Stevens Laboratory, USC
    In a study published in the journal Cell, researchers reveal how they have uncovered the structure of cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1) - a receptor that is present on the surface of many nerve cells in the brain.

Using the information to create a 3-D model of the receptor, study co-author Raymond Stevens - a professor of Biological Science and Chemistry at the University of Southern California - and team have shed light on how THC and synthetic cannabinoids bind to the receptor.

Stevens and colleagues say their discovery could enhance the development of new marijuana-derived medications, as well as help to better understand the risks of marijuana use.

While marijuana remains the most commonly used illicit drug in the United States, its legalization for both medicinal and recreational purposes is widening.

With use of the drug projected to increase as a result, researchers believe it is more important than ever to fully understand how the active components of marijuana work in the body.

Unraveling the CB1 receptor
    The CB1 receptor is the main target of THC and synthetic cannabinoids - man-made substances that mimic the effects of THC - so the research team focused on finding out more about the structure of this receptor and how it works with specific molecules.

"[...] we need to understand how molecules like THC and the synthetic cannabinoids interact with the receptor, especially since we're starting to see people show up in emergency rooms when they use synthetic cannabinoids," notes Stevens.

The researchers synthesized AM6538 - a molecule known to tightly bind to and stabilize CB1 - and applied it to the CB1 receptor, which enabled them to determine the receptor's structure.

By creating a 3-D model of CB1, the team was able to get a more detailed understanding of how THC and synthetic cannabinoids work with the receptor to produce their mind-altering effects.

The researchers say their discovery could aid marijuana-derived drug development, and perhaps solve some of the problems that have already arisen with such medications.

As an example, the team points to a marijuana-based medication that was previously developed for the treatment of obesity; while it was effective against weight gain, the molecules in the drugs were found to trigger depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts.

"Researchers are fascinated by how you can make changes in THC or synthetic cannabinoids and have such different effects. Now that we finally have the structure of CB1, we can start to understand how these changes to the drug structure can affect the receptor."

Raymond Stevens

Additionally, the researchers say their model of CB1 could help researchers gain a better understanding of the side effects associated with synthetic cannabinoids, such as "spice" or "K2," which were responsible for almost 8,000 calls to U.S. poison centers last year.

"We need to understand how marijuana works in our bodies; it can have both therapeutic potential and recreational use, but cannabinoids can also be very dangerous," notes co-lead author Prof. Zhi-jie Liu, of the iHuman Institute at ShanghaiTech University in China.

"By doing both the basic science and understanding how this receptor works, we can then use it to help people in the future."

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    oh si speaker gloria arroyo nagsabi na gumamit ng medical marijuana(transdermal patch for her cervical pain "parang salonpas") Huwag na patagalin pa. Make it happen now. Mas maganda nga eh legalize na din smoking chongke. Kasi mas may benefit yan kaysa commercial cigarettes/vape.

Pag ito nalegalize sa pinas eh maapektuhan sigurado sales ng neurological medicines. Kaya alam ko na kung sino kokontra jan.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    oh si speaker gloria arroyo nagsabi na gumamit ng medical marijuana(transdermal patch for her cervical pain "parang salonpas") Huwag na patagalin pa. Make it happen now. Mas maganda nga eh legalize na din smoking chongke. Kasi mas may benefit yan kaysa commercial cigarettes/vape.

Pag ito nalegalize sa pinas eh maapektuhan sigurado sales ng neurological medicines. Kaya alam ko na kung sino kokontra jan.
    did she say that it worked?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    did she say that it worked?
    Yup, that's why she wants it legalized here.

"“I really believe in medical cannabis. As you know I have my problem here (cervical spine) and when I’m in a country that allows it, I put a pain patch but here in the Philippines, I cannot do it,” Arroyo said in an interview during a consultation and medical mission at NGC West, Gilarmi Covered Court in Barangay Holy Spirit, Quezon City.

The former president said she co-authored the bill because it could help her and other people.

“So I authored that bill because I believe that it can help me and many other people but there was a lot of objection to the bill from the House and from the Senate. That’s why we are just letting the legislative process take its course,” she added."

Read more: Arroyo on medical marijuana: It works | Inquirer News

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    playing safe answer ni speaker gloria but its ok baka mabatikos. Pwede ba yun, sa ibang bansa lang sya gagamit ng patch. Marami na stock yan at pwede pa yan magpadala. Pwede ba sya hindi palusutin ng dangerous drugs board eh para saan pa position. And for her pain naman yan so may mga bagay na pwede palusutin.

Ang kokontra talaga jan eh pharmaceuticals nagpoproduce ng neurological drugs. The most common yung epilepsy, parkinsons, spinal.....sobrang dami grabe kabroad pag usapang neurology kaya mahal bayad checkup neurologist.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    Yup, that's why she wants it legalized here.

"“I really believe in medical cannabis. As you know I have my problem here (cervical spine) and when I’m in a country that allows it, I put a pain patch but here in the Philippines, I cannot do it,” Arroyo said in an interview during a consultation and medical mission at NGC West, Gilarmi Covered Court in Barangay Holy Spirit, Quezon City.

The former president said she co-authored the bill because it could help her and other people.

“So I authored that bill because I believe that it can help me and many other people but there was a lot of objection to the bill from the House and from the Senate. That’s why we are just letting the legislative process take its course,” she added."

Read more: Arroyo on medical marijuana: It works | Inquirer News
    E malamang ka-blow niya si Bill sa chongki sessions....

Pero, aniya "Experimented, smoked but never inhaled....."...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    I hope ito na simula maging open sa marijuana

and please wag sobrang mahal. And allow marijuana farming para pwede imanufacture sa pinas mas mura.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    I hope ito na simula maging open sa marijuana

and please wag sobrang mahal. And allow marijuana farming para pwede imanufacture sa pinas mas mura.

if ever it gets legalized,
    and someones will farm them,
    the only reason it will be expensive, is because someones are greedy.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Farm Feeding Chickens Cannabis Selling Their Meat for Twice the Price

A farm growing medical marijuana in northern Thailand has been feeding its free-range chickens with cannabis instead of
    antibiotics
    , and researchers said the experiment has yielded promising results.

Researchers from Chiang Mai University's Department of Animal and Aquatic Sciences said fewer than 10% of the 1,000 chickens at the farm in Lampang have died since they introduced marijuana to the chickens' diet in January 2021.

While the study's findings are still under review and only cover one year's worth of research, Chompunut Lumsangkul — an assistant professor who led the study — told Insider that the cannabis feed appears to be working. The mortality rate for the chickens at the farm has been the same as in regular seasons when there isn't a severe outbreak of any bird-killing disease, she said.

Lumsangkul said the workers produce the birds' special food by adding crushed cannabis to their feed and water. The workers do not use antibiotics or medicines on the chickens during this time.

Besides healthy chickens, the experiment has also allowed the farm to sell its birds for higher prices to consumers seeking organic poultry.

The birds are fetching double the regular price — about $1.50 per pound — mostly because buyers want organic chickens that haven't been administered antibiotics, Lumsangkul said. She also claimed that the chickens' meat — which they call "GanjaChicken" — is more tender and tastes better than regular chickens.

"Consumers in Thailand have been paying attention to this because demand is increasing for chickens and many farmers have to use antibiotics. So some customers want to find a safer product," Lumsangkul said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12