New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Some points to analyze:

If they were cockroach eggs, how were cockroaches able to lay them inside the straws or inside several straws? Did they take turns?

If they were excrements as suggested by some, the author sipped, sipped some more and then asked the clerk to sip, so when he cut open the straw there would've been none left since they swallowed them already?
    Wondered the same thing since they took 3 sips thru the straw. Why would it taste oily?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Cockroach excrement doesn't taste oily. It tastes gritty... much like bird sh*t. And it's runny, not round. Don't ask me how I know. And Cockroach eggs won't fit in a straw. They're bean sized pouches. There's no way for a Cockroach to lay it inside a straw. They most often attach them to dark corners in the furniture and kitchen. I've had cockroach eggs in my food (don't ask where... I'm not going to that canteen again) and the thought of having 1000 eggs inside the straw makes me think:

"Dude, that must be one HUGE straw."

And yes, there would be no eggs left in the straw after you've sucked on it three times.

Uhmm... complete and utter bullsh*t.

88.89% of what? Of straws tested? No pictures? Come on... so I've eaten at Jollibee at least a hundred times in the past two or three years... How come I haven't tasted anything oily 89 of those times I drank a softdrink?

This is just a freaking "flame letter"... anti-Jollibee propaganda. Note that Chowking is placed second... as such... you ought to e-mail your friend back and tell him/her to stop spreading it.

Just use your brains, people. Pick up a whole container of straws from Jollibee, and I guarantee you, you'll find exactly 0% cockroach eggs or excretions.

Sample locally-bottled Sprite and 7-up, though... and you might find 0.01% Cockroaches though... yuck... that was disgusting... but I haven't heard a case of this since the 80's.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    saka since carbonated naman yun drinks diba tunaw na din yan sa loob ng tyan mo kasi acid naman. yun nga lang nalasahan mo

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    To threadstarter: PLEASE put articles in quotes and acknowledge the source.

Please refer to this:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43559

Thank you.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hmm usually i take a look first sa straw before putting it inside. but so far di pa naman ako nagkakasakit. i wonder, parang anti-jollibee sya, coz top of the list are jollibee and chowking which are affiliated companies.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sabi nga ng marami dito hindi kasya ang itlog ng ipis sa straw. Pero ang posibleng mangyari dun ay tubuan ng molds sa loob. Na observe ko yun sa mga cute straws dito sa bahay, yung mga paikot ikot. Kasi hirap mag drain yun e dahil nga may mga loops, pero yun naman hindi mo na kailangan silipin pa sa loob kasi makikita mo naman agad sa labas kung may tumutubo na na molds doon.

Siguro posible tubuan din ng molds yung regular straws kung gamit na yun at hinugasan lang tapos hindi maganda ang pagpapatuyo, baka hindi naitayo or something. Eew.

As for the "tests" done, yun ang di ko alam kung totoo.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    hehehe...nun nabasa ko yan may sense naman kasi...pero hindi ako naniniwala agad sa ganun basta basta. isa lang masasabi ko. lahat yan madumi. wala ka talagang magagawa minsan. the best pa din ang mga luto sa bahay pero minsan nakokontaminado din ng di natin alam. thats life

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    I wonder why nobody took these findings to authorities for further investigation and filing of appropriate court case if any is applicable. We can't just sway people to eat at McDo and sip coffee at Starbucks....he-he

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    having a superb clean and free of bacteria may also be threatening as you dont inflcit yourself with these bacterai in turn making your body more prone to infections, our body has its own adaptive capability to attack and counter whatever foreign that battles it.

back to topic na, these disposable must also be inspected to prevent and sanitize to prevent harbor of harmful pathogens

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    having a superb clean and free of bacteria may also be threatening as you dont inflcit yourself with these bacterai in turn making your body more prone to infections, our body has its own adaptive capability to attack and counter whatever foreign that battles it.

back to topic na, these disposable must also be inspected to prevent and sanitize to prevent harbor of harmful pathogens

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Warn Your Families!