1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Here's my current line up that I take daily

Biotin 1000 mcg - since 2014
    Chromium Picolinate 1000 mcg -since 2016
    Bio C (Vitamin C) - since 2016
    Collagen 6000 mg - since 2019

Calcium Magnesium Zinc - since 2015, I stopped 2019 kasi sabi ni StockEngine it builds plaque sa heart

I'm thinking of adding the following:

Vitamin D3 1000 iu
    VItamin E 400 iu
    Glutathione - 250 mg (this is good if taken with Vit C daw)
    Zinc - I cannot find zinc alone, it's always with another vitamin (eg calc mag or mag)
    Am I taking too much
    Where do you buy your medicines any reputable online stores? When im buying vitamins online im wary that it might be fake.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Here's my current line up that I take daily

Biotin 1000 mcg - since 2014
    Chromium Picolinate 1000 mcg -since 2016
    Bio C (Vitamin C) - since 2016
    Collagen 6000 mg - since 2019

Calcium Magnesium Zinc - since 2015, I stopped 2019 kasi sabi ni StockEngine it builds plaque sa heart

I'm thinking of adding the following:

Vitamin D3 1000 iu
    VItamin E 400 iu
    Glutathione - 250 mg (this is good if taken with Vit C daw)
    Zinc - I cannot find zinc alone, it's always with another vitamin (eg calc mag or mag)
    Am I taking too much
    detox once in a while...

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i'd love to be your phamaceutical supplier.
    I'd love to go against the supps culture... burn these pharmas down, i'm kidding.

a minority brainwashed thinking they'd get away with supps is a "meh" , an open discussion i guess...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I've been taking Bio C from Unicity for several years now. I just read the label and it contains only 60 mg of Vit C!!! Is that enough? Don't we need 500 mg? I like this because it does not make me acidic e kasi pala ang baba ng dosage It's around P1000 for 300 tabs (P3 per tab)

Fern C 500 mg is okay din, I don't get acidic pero ang mahal!!! Parang almost P10 tab

Inisip ko rin Ester C from Solgar but it's about the same price as Fern C

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    there are better pharmas out there. pfizer or gsk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Go for vit c 1000mg with time release...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    1000mg is abit much according to NIH for some groups...

Health Risks from Excessive Vitamin C
    Vitamin C has low toxicity and is not believed to cause serious adverse effects at high intakes [8]. The most common complaints are diarrhea, nausea, abdominal cramps, and other gastrointestinal disturbances due to the osmotic effect of unabsorbed vitamin C in the gastrointestinal tract [4,8].

In postmenopausal women with diabetes who participated in the Iowa Women’s Health Study, supplemental (but not dietary) vitamin C intake (at least 300 mg/day) was significantly associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease mortality [61]. The mechanism for this effect, if real, is not clear and this finding is from a subgroup of patients in an epidemiological study. No such association has been observed in any other epidemiological study, so the significance of this finding is uncertain. High vitamin C intakes also have the potential to increase urinary oxalate and uric acid excretion, which could contribute to the formation of kidney stones, especially in individuals with renal disorders [8]. However, studies evaluating the effects on urinary oxalate excretion of vitamin C intakes ranging from 30 mg to 10 g/day have had conflicting results, so it is not clear whether vitamin C actually plays a role in the development of kidney stones [8,87-89]. The best evidence that vitamin C contributes to kidney stone formation is in patients with pre-existing hyperoxaluria [25].

Due to the enhancement of nonheme iron absorption by vitamin C, a theoretical concern is that high vitamin C intakes might cause excess iron absorption. In healthy individuals, this does not appear to be a concern [8]. However, in individuals with hereditary hemochromatosis, chronic consumption of high doses of vitamin C could exacerbate iron overload and result in tissue damage [4,8].

Under certain conditions, vitamin C can act as a pro-oxidant, potentially contributing to oxidative damage [8]. A few studies in vitro have suggested that by acting as a pro-oxidant, supplemental oral vitamin C could cause chromosomal and/or DNA damage and possibly contribute to the development of cancer [8,90,91]. However, other studies have not shown increased oxidative damage or increased cancer risk with high intakes of vitamin C [8,92].

Other reported effects of high intakes of vitamin C include reduced vitamin B12 and copper levels, accelerated metabolism or excretion of ascorbic acid, erosion of dental enamel, and allergic responses [8]. However, at least some of these conclusions were a consequence of assay artifact, and additional studies have not confirmed these observations [8].

The FNB has established ULs for vitamin C that apply to both food and supplement intakes (Table 3) [8]. Long-term intakes of vitamin C above the UL may increase the risk of adverse health effects. The ULs do not apply to individuals receiving vitamin C for medical treatment, but such individuals should be under the care of a physician [8].

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I've been taking Bio C from Unicity for several years now. I just read the label and it contains only 60 mg of Vit C!!! Is that enough? Don't we need 500 mg? I like this because it does not make me acidic e kasi pala ang baba ng dosage It's around P1000 for 300 tabs (P3 per tab)

Fern C 500 mg is okay din, I don't get acidic pero ang mahal!!! Parang almost P10 tab

Inisip ko rin Ester C from Solgar but it's about the same price as Fern C

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    coz RDA is really around 60mg

nasanay lang tayo sa 500mg/1000mg

our body can only absorb so much vit c and pee out the excess

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    coz RDA is really around 60mg

nasanay lang tayo sa 500mg/1000mg

our body can only absorb so much vit c and pee out the excess
    okay na pala yung 60 mg ko?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    okay na pala yung 60 mg ko?
    ok na yun or kahit 2x a day

you also get vitamin c naman in fruits

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ok na yun or kahit 2x a day

you also get vitamin c naman in fruits
    Thanks, stick na lang ako sa Unicity. I eat a lot of fruits naman.