New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Norman Black actually wanted to bring the coaching staff with him to the PBA since they are one well-jelled unit.
    they're actually already with the talk n' text franchise. only coach gabby it seems has not made the leap to the pros

regarding the coaching situation in loyola heights, it looks like coach sandy is gaining the critical mass of clamor from ateneans to be the head coach of the blue eagles. the problem is he turned down the offer once before (that's why perasol was recruited), compelling uao head honcho ricky palou to make an attempt to convince him again to take the job. the team is his for the taking, that is if he's now willing to deal w/ the legions of outspoken ateneo armchair coaches out there :doh:

another superb option would be coach jamike. the guy is a drill sergeant w/ championship experience. like coach sandy, he knows the norman black system in and out.

Haha... 3 words? Pamantasan ng Wanbol? FEU lang yung privately owned na ganun ah. Or kung tagalog, Unibersidad ng Pilipinas?
    hehe. you'll be surprised which school we're talking about here. pero kwentong inuman lang iyon kaya ewan ko lang
    Last edited by baludoy; October 16th, 2012 at 10:36 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, Bo Perasol is out.

UAAP: Perasol parts ways with Ateneo 'amicably' | Sports | GMA News Online | The Go-To Site for Filipinos Everywhere

UAAP: Perasol parts ways with Ateneo 'amicably'
    JOB B. DE LEON October 16, 2012 3:40pm
    134 160 0 336
    It was over before it began.

Coach Bo Perasol, widely seen as the successor to Norman Black as the head coach of the reigning five-peat UAAP champions Ateneo de Manila University Blue Eagles, will not be patrolling the sidelines for the blue and white squad come Season 76 of the UAAP.

In an interview with GMA News Online, Perasol confirmed that he has been released from his three-year deal with Ateneo. The move was settled by both parties, following the withdrawal of support by businessman Manuel V. Pangilinan (MVP), a major supporter of Ateneo.

“It was an amicable settlement, and we knew na mutually releasing each other would be best,” said Perasol. “Although sinabi ko [kay university president Fr. Jett Villarin] I’m truly grateful for the trust he gave - ako talaga yung choice nila [for the job].”

“But in my mind there was no doubt as to who my patron and benefactor is, that is MVP,” he said.

Perasol added that from the moment MVP disengaged, his departure was going to be “a matter of time,” unless commitments beyond the recently concluded UAAP season were arranged.

At the moment, the former head coach of the PBA's Powerade Tigers has not decided on a future position. However, he said that he could possibly move to a consultant job for another university that Pangilinan might sponsor, join the staff of either of MVP's PBA teams, the Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters or the Meralco Bolts, or even enter the ranks of the corporate world.

“A lot of options ang binibigay si MVP,” he said. “I haven’t really thought about them. Wala sa isip ko ‘yun because I’ve been thinking of Ateneo up until recently, but the options are there.”

After piloting Ateneo to five straight titles, Black moved on to the head coaching job of the PBA's Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters. - AMD, GMA News
    So that leave Sandy Arespacochaga, Jamike Jarin or another coach from the outside. I think this will take a month or two. For now, the assistant coaches can handle duties of the team for the meantime. On the recruitment side, there are still alumni based in the Visayas who help out on that (these guys actually fly in and out of Manila to watch the games during the season).

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Pido inherited a good team that year (2006) also.

I'll try asking around nga into that. PM mo nalang sa amin... hehe. Yung joke kasi nung bonfire was "Fix the Six" yung magiging slogan next year. :D

I agree with you here. With the remaining core of coaching staff and some players, ADMU still has a fighting chance especially if Buenafe decides to play out his 5th year, a few of the key recruits turn out well, and there's a consistent big man. The bench won't be as deep as it used to be and hopefully the next coach will be able to continue a system consistent with what has been built up through the years (where the players are generally disciplined and play as a team). Norman Black actually wanted to bring the coaching staff with him to the PBA since they are one well-jelled unit.
    afair parang nakwento ko na kay M2 yan years ago. one thing for sure alam ni tsinita yan hehehe. shock nga sya. ask nya nga kung alam daw kaya nung mga priest yun.

re: coach, ayaw nila ibalik si Joel Banal. umalis lang sya nun dahil yata sa rule on simultaneous coaching between PBA at uaap na applicable up to now.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Sana si Coach Sandy na kunin ng AdMU men's team. I think it's about time. He deserves it as well.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    afair parang nakwento ko na kay M2 yan years ago. one thing for sure alam ni tsinita yan hehehe. shock nga sya. ask nya nga kung alam daw kaya nung mga priest yun.
    Sure ka hindi naman si Ungas yung may kagagagwa? :D Eitherway, if that really happened then binawi na ni Norman Black this time around.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031