New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 68 of 312 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 3116
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    14,824
    #671
    anybody here who is a member of Red Corner Gym (Holiday Inn Galleria)?

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    291
    #672
    cardo: yeah mahirap tlga mawala yung sa tummy area, magenroll k na sa gym then wear ur AJ's astig!

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    4,801
    #673
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo View Post
    another question guys... anong pedeng workout substitute ng barbell curls? and using that bicep/arm concentration machine? pede ba dumb bells like dumbbell curls?

    I was at a gym one time, and three indian dudes were hogging the barbell so I did'nt get a chance to use them. I was thinking maybe I could use an alternate way of doing one workout if I wont have a chance to use a machine.
    as much as possible, try to avoid machine exercises [unless an injury prevents you from performing free-weights]. And yes kapatid, you may substitute alternate dumbell curls to bbell curls.

    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Nafood poison ako last Friday, today lang gumaling... Lost about 6lbs and 1.5" sa waist hehehe...
    bago ngang diet regimen ito, kunyari ka pang food poisoning :evillaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by cardo View Post
    Thanks! Areas around the tummy are so difficult to target.
    tama sila kapatid, watch your diet to help you on your tummy area.

    sometimes, you dont even have to work-out as much as long as you decrease your caloric intake by 500 a day. In any given day, we burn calories when we perform our daily activities. As long as your caloric intake is less than what you normally burn (500/day), you should see [minimal] progress.

    aside from caloric intake, genetics [again] plays a huge role on abs structure.

    mahirap lang kwentahin ang mga calorie sa Pinoy foods!

    you can receive tons of advices from your friends, work-out partners, personal trainers but what you cant receive from us is the most important part of fitness...

    [size=8]motivation[/size]
    Last edited by Karding; August 17th, 2006 at 01:22 AM.

  4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,202
    #674
    Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder View Post
    2300 FOR PASSPORT na yun... pwede ka sa alabang, the fort, ayala ave, emerald, libis, fairview, greenhills, abs-cbn...
    malapit na rin mag open ang SM north Edsa branch nila

  5. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,961
    #675
    thanks guys!

    karding, what is the equivalent of 500 calories? 4 cups of rice? 1 can of soda ata is 100 or 150, right?

    I am starting to switch from machines to free weights, and parang mas ok sya. funny thing yesterday though(on the bbell bench press), as my trainer pushed me and added more weights... muscles around my left hand gave up ahead of my right. I asked my trainer, sabi its because nasanay daw ako sa machines. and usually for machines, if your left cant cope the right is there to help. so dapat pala, on dumbbell curls or similar workouts dapat ba mas mabigat yun nabubuhat ko sa right? para pantay yun paglaki nila? weird question to ask

  6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,630
    #676
    yup, as much as possible use free weights para pati stabilizers mo mastrengthen and you can do your natural range of motion. make sure lang na may spotter ka if you're lifting heavy weights and you know the proper form. you can work out practically every muscle with just a pair of dumbbells.

    lahat naman tayo may bias sa isang hand/arm e. sa tingin ko, just do the same routines for both arms. hanggang eventually hahabol yung weaker arm mo. like if you're doing 10 reps x 20 lbs ng dumbbell curl with your right and 8 reps lang kaya ng left mo, dont load more sa left or lessen yung sa right. just try to achieve the 10 reps with the left. eventually papantay yan. kung baguhin mo kasi baka lalong di magpantay. IMO

  7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,630
    #677
    does anyone here know where i can buy weights for dumbbells within marikina area? mahal kasi sa mall and raon is just too far. hirap magdala ng 40-60 lbs pauwi kung magcocommute lang. hehe

  8. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,961
    #678
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    does anyone here know where i can buy weights for dumbbells within marikina area? mahal kasi sa mall and raon is just too far. hirap magdala ng 40-60 lbs pauwi kung magcocommute lang. hehe
    I mistakenly did this once(although smaller weights) I should've bought it last, and parked the car closer to the mall exit. an hirap! good workout though hehehe
    Last edited by cardo; August 17th, 2006 at 11:18 AM.

  9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    37
    #679
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    anybody here who is a member of Red Corner Gym (Holiday Inn Galleria)?
    Member here! Pati sa Red Corner Intercon

  10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    4,801
    #680
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo View Post
    thanks guys!

    karding, what is the equivalent of 500 calories? 4 cups of rice? 1 can of soda ata is 100 or 150, right?

    I am starting to switch from machines to free weights, and parang mas ok sya. funny thing yesterday though(on the bbell bench press), as my trainer pushed me and added more weights... muscles around my left hand gave up ahead of my right. I asked my trainer, sabi its because nasanay daw ako sa machines. and usually for machines, if your left cant cope the right is there to help. so dapat pala, on dumbbell curls or similar workouts dapat ba mas mabigat yun nabubuhat ko sa right? para pantay yun paglaki nila? weird question to ask
    Cardo, ang 1-cup of long grain rice is 205. Sa soda naman, 12-oz is 155 whereas a diet soda has ZERO.

    So you're right hand dominant which most of us are. Kaya ang advise ng mga training specialists, whenever doing alternate curls, rows, or when it requires you to use dumbell, start with your WEAK ARM first.

    Use the same weight (load) and the same repetition. This way, you WILL FORCE your weak arm to do what your STRONG ARM can.

    lastly, when moving (re-racking weights), make it a habit to use the left arm to carry the plate/dumbell. Force that mofo to work as hard or harder than its cousin (right arm).

Tsikot Fitness and Gym Thread