New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 35 of 321 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Did 4x10 of 85lbs warm-up and then 2x6 150lbs workset of this Machine Row

Then Pro-Latbar Pull down of 145lbs. Ina-angat na ko ng weights na to. Mas mabigat pa sakin eh :hihihi: Sa pull-ups ko, 3 x 6 with 2-sec hold in the middle of negative, to raise the degree of difficulty. Wala pa kse akong strap belt para weighted pull-ups sana ang gagawin ko.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    syet ang sakit ng bis ko ngayon.... sarap :evillaugh

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di ba ang seated row machine, cable row or machine row are supposed to be exercise for your back and lats?

Did some chest workout today, di ako kuntento. Parang di tinamaan yung chest ko.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Honestly right now I'm still playing with my "fixed split", I just make sure I choose stuff that works for me, and I listen to my body... I note down what I did, not follow what I noted down before hand...

Nung Monday nag chest/tri ako, di ako natuwa, tri ok naman, but chest walang effect talaga sakin bench presses... My shoulders are taking over way too soon... I can't concentrate on doing forced rep either (di ako nagpapaspot usually, puros chit-chat mga trainers sa FF)... Di nga ako na DOMS for my chest...

I know Karding won't agree with me regarding this, but not everybody benefits from bench presses when it comes to working their pecs... I prefer working on the pecs on different planes, pushing and flying motions combined gives me a much better chest pump than benching alone. I also don't agree that DB Flyes do the same thing as cable xovers, the constant tension of cables really helps bring out the peak of your inner chest which isn't that easy to do with flyes since the weight of the DB are already resting at your elbows and shoulders when you reach your peak contraction.

Also, I'm concentrating more on upper chest exercise as opposed to the usual "start off with flat bench" routine since the upper chest is the hardest to fill up. If you work until failure on your flat bench exercises, you'll have less strength to do your upper chest. I prefer to exhaust my upper chest before working on the lower/mid chest area.

So today, nag chest only ako... Chanced my routine, followed yung program na nagwork sakin 10 years ago or so, the Cybergenics Hard Gainer Workout Supersets.

I love dumbbells, they offer me better control and I can work till positive failure and static hold at "sticking" point to the max.

Warmup, DB presses, 30lb x 12 x 2 sets.

Incline DB Flyes SS with Incline DB Press 30 degree bench. No rest between exercises. 2 sec hold on top of fly movement, 4 sec negative phase.

Set 1: 35lb x Positive Failure then Presses Positive Failure
    Set 2: 40lb x Positive Failure then Presses Positive Failure
    Set 3: 45lb x Positive Failure then Presses Positive Failure
    Set 4: 35lb x Positive Failure then Presses Positive Failure

Incline DB Flyes SuperSet with Incline DB Press 45 degree bench.

Set 1: 40lb x Positive Failure then Presses Positive Failure
    Set 2: 45lb x Positive Failure then Presses Positive Failure
    Set 3: 35lb x Positive Failure then Presses Positive Failure

Flat DB Press

Set 1: 40lb x Positive Failure
    Set 2: 50lb x Positive Failure
    Set 3: 35lb x Positive Failure

Standing Low Cable Pulley Flyes: 2 sec hold at peak, 4 sec negative phase.

Set 1: 5kg x Positive Failure
    Set 2: 7kg x Positive Failure
    Set 3: 7kg x Positive Failure
    Set 4: 5kg x Positive Failure

Set 5: 7kg Static hold 15 secs.

Standing High Cable Pulley Flyes: 2 sec hold at peak, 4 sec negative phase.

Set 1: 7kg x Positive Failure
    Set 2: 10kg x Positive Failure
    Set 3: 10kg x Positive Failure
    Set 4: 7kg x Positive Failure

Set 5: 10kg Static hold 15 secs.

Done...

Right after palang, couldn't touch my opposite shoulder na sa soreness ng chest... hehe... Inner chest really pumped after the workout.

Sarap!

Philosophy ko from now on... Hanggat naaangat pa, kahit 1cm, di pa considered positive failure...

I have to start asking for help para sa negative failure sets ko... grr... Sa cable madali lang eh..
    Last edited by theveed; November 12th, 2004 at 04:09 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorry forgot to include my weekly split...

Used to be: 4 days a week...

Mon: Chest and Tri
    Tues: Back and Abs
    Wed: Rest
    Thurs: Shoulders and Bi
    Fri: Legs and Abs

Nung nag bulk ako... (concentrated on chest and back)

Mon: Chest and Tri
    Tues: Back
    Wed: Rest
    Thurs: Shoulders
    Fri: Legs.

That was 2 weeks ago... Ngayon medyong I have to change it coz of schedule, intensity and based on how my body is adapting the new phase...

Next week:

Mon: Back only
    Tues: Legs only
    Wed Rest:
    Thurs: Chest only
    Friday: Arms only

Abs every T/Th only.

All sets to positive failure with contraction. Kung kaya pati negative failure for single arm exercises. 6 day rest between each major body part.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed..malapit na..malapit na....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :D U need to email me your updates pre... have to let me know what you want to "achieve" din before we go to the next program Keep it up bro!

BTW, daming ROO sa Robinsons pag 9-11 shift!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh, a funny pic... I just had to add it...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ganun din nangyari sa akin kanina, failure na ang shoulders pero di ko pa nararamdaman yung chest cramps. Next chest workout, lighter weight with more reps muna then I will squeeze more for the chest area.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ungas: Teka, how many sets do you do before you reach failure? Usually I see people doing too many sets with not enough weight... Pag warmed up ka na, just do one set of moderate weight, then go to a really heavy weight agad. That way your shoulders won't get tired.

Tsikot Fitness and Gym Thread