New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 254 of 312 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 3116
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,581
    #2531
    With the all the food im eating, dont see the need for whey, its ok if youre on the go and have no time to cook, ones that benefit are the ones that needs a quick protein meal with low volume or calories, creatine is a hit or miss for me, positive effect, strength gains is up 2 to 5% on major lifts and almost 50lbs difference on deadlifts, negative, its the water weight..i gain 5-7lbs on creatine..some people gain only 2lbs..well everybody is different..

    On creatine

    https://s9.postimg.cc/voy8iqz8v/IMG-...74bc4db-_V.jpg

    Off creatine

    https://s9.postimg.cc/kqmz06d3z/20180517_194713.jpg


    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    8,979
    #2532
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    i'm using nitro-tech of muscletech. to me, the taste is unbearable. i hold my breath every time i drink it after my work out.

    a friend suggested syntha-6. anybody here has tried this product?

    Yeur honor, you are using bad products. Too much impurities

    These are the best

    SFH Pure (available sa isang crossfit gym sa quezon city)



    Naked Whey (wala pa ako nakita sa pinas. So padala sa balibayan box)



    And ang whey protein eh use only after workout pag hindi pa agad makakain ng tunay na pagkain. So treat whey as a "crutch"

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,177
    #2533
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    Hirap kumain before WO for me, kailangan at least 1 hr patunawin.

    Kaya black coffee lang PreWO

    ---

    Try this for your whey needs. Pretty sure you'll like the taste



    Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    Skipping meal(s)? Our body needs protein every 3 hours so our muscles can have a steady stream of amino acids. When our body doesn't have enough amino, it will begin to eat away our muscles for fuel.

    I eat 6-7 times a day and i prepare my own food.
    3-4 pre work-out
    2 post-work out

    Pre- workout
    6 scrambled egg whites (no oil)
    Salt and pepper
    1/2 cup oatmeal

    Grilled chix breast
    Brocolli
    Spinach
    Brown rice

    Grilled fish
    Lettuce
    Cucumber
    Kamote

    Eat more to burn more.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,016
    #2534
    Quote Originally Posted by makyong View Post
    Skipping meal(s)? Our body needs protein every 3 hours so our muscles can have a steady stream of amino acids. When our body doesn't have enough amino, it will begin to eat away our muscles for fuel.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    With all due respect, what science is this? Amino acid as fuel?
    AFAIK, our body uses glycogen as fuel first. If glycogen is depleted, liver converts fats into ketone bodies for fuel.

    No more glycogen and fats???- That is the time the body converts protein into glucose.

    I maybe wrong but it takes more than just 3 hrs of fasting for our body to turn to muscles for fuel.

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,177
    #2535
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    With all due respect, what science is this? Amino acid as fuel?
    AFAIK, our body uses glycogen as fuel first. If glycogen is depleted, liver converts fats into ketone bodies for fuel.

    No more glycogen and fats???- That is the time the body converts protein into glucose.

    I maybe wrong but it takes more than just 3 hrs of fasting for our body to turn to muscles for fuel.
    "Without sufficient energy, the body has the innate ability to break down muscle tissue for use as an energy source during heavy exercise. This process is known as gluconeogenesis, which is the production of glucose from non-carbohydrate sources. The part of the reaction is known as the glucose alanine cycle. During this cycle, BCAAs (three of the essential amino acids: leucine, isoleucine, and valine) are stripped from the muscle tissue and parts of them are converted to the amino acid alanine, which is transported to the liver and converted to glucose.

    Branched-chained amino acids are metabolized directly in the muscle and can be converted into energy to prevent muscle catabolism."
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa89.htm

  6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,016
    #2536
    Quote Originally Posted by makyong View Post
    "Without sufficient energy, the body has the innate ability to break down muscle tissue for use as an energy source during heavy exercise. This process is known as gluconeogenesis, which is the production of glucose from non-carbohydrate sources. The part of the reaction is known as the glucose alanine cycle. During this cycle, BCAAs (three of the essential amino acids: leucine, isoleucine, and valine) are stripped from the muscle tissue and parts of them are converted to the amino acid alanine, which is transported to the liver and converted to glucose.

    Branched-chained amino acids are metabolized directly in the muscle and can be converted into energy to prevent muscle catabolism."
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa89.htm
    The operating phrase there is "Without sufficient energy".

    How long before we can say a body has "no sufficient energy"? Will a 3hour fast or missing breakfast deplete us of energy?

    If you read my previous post, I wrote the body has to deplete the glycogen stores first before turning into proteins for fuel.

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,581
    #2537
    Im just observing your exchanges..then ill give my opinion based on my experiences..

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,177
    #2538
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post

    How long before we can say a body has "no sufficient energy"?

    Will a 3hour fast or missing breakfast deplete us of energy?



    - depends on your metabolism, fitness level, activity, frequency, volume, intensity of training throughout each day-week, etc..

    - No Sir, but on experience(s) skipping meals and fasting gave me undesirable results, they are unsustainable practices, designed for short duration. The most successful way to be in great shape is to commit to a healthy eating and training. Skipping meals slows down my metabolism and prevents me from doing high reps/intensity training. I’m doing extreme dynamic training principle and shredding/fat loss protocol which requires me to be eating meal every 3 hours to encourage metabolism to burn fast and feed my muscles. It also pushes back cravings and makes for more steady energy levels. We all know the science behind it- the high protein content is going to help you retain your muscles rather than lose it. This is the most important part of your diet because you need to protect your muscle to get the shape that you want, protecting it against destructive metabolism or catabolism.

    A trainer once told me- anybody can train with a certain degree of intensity for 60 minutes or more but it takes a real mental strength consistently stick to a pre-planned diet day after day. The most important part of any transformation plan is consistency- stay consistent, all day, and every day.

    Today’s exercise- shoulder + triceps
    Rest one second per rep of each rep in drop sets (for example: in set 3 rest 10 seconds then 20 seconds)

    1. seated front raise to standing front raise 4 sets 10, 10, 10/20, 10/20/10
    2. Seated lateral raise to standing lateral raise 4 sets 10, 10, 10/20, 10/20/10
    3. Rear cable crossover 4 sets 10, 10, 10/20, 10/20/10
    4. Dumbbell shrug 4 sets 10, 10, 10/20, 10/20/10
    5. Triceps rope extensions 10, 10, 10/20, 10/20/10
    6. reverse grip triceps pushdown 10, 10, 10/20, 10/20/10
    7. seated triceps extension 10, 10, 10/20, 10/20/10
    8. cardio 45 minutes
    9. russian twists 300

    10. Evening cardio 45 minutes

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,016
    #2539
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Im just observing your exchanges..then ill give my opinion based on my experiences..

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Ayan na!!!

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,016
    #2540
    Quote Originally Posted by makyong View Post
    - depends on your metabolism, fitness level, activity, frequency, volume, intensity of training throughout each day-week, etc..

    - No Sir, but on experience(s) skipping meals and fasting gave me undesirable results, they are unsustainable practices, designed for short duration. The most successful way to be in great shape is to commit to a healthy eating and training. Skipping meals slows down my metabolism and prevents me from doing high reps/intensity training. Iím doing extreme dynamic training principle and shredding/fat loss protocol which requires me to be eating meal every 3 hours to encourage metabolism to burn fast and feed my muscles. It also pushes back cravings and makes for more steady energy levels. We all know the science behind it- the high protein content is going to help you retain your muscles rather than lose it. This is the most important part of your diet because you need to protect your muscle to get the shape that you want, protecting it against destructive metabolism or catabolism.

    A trainer once told me- anybody can train with a certain degree of intensity for 60 minutes or more but it takes a real mental strength consistently stick to a pre-planned diet day after day. The most important part of any transformation plan is consistency- stay consistent, all day, and every day.
    I dont disagree with you.
    Fasting is not for all. It will work some.

    I tried it and will try it again. It is just like missing breakfast anyway (16hrs fast). The effect on me is more mental. Having able to control the urge to eat.

Tsikot Fitness and Gym Thread