New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 321 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ssaloon: just wondering, why did you pair back and triceps on the same day?

Ako this phase, I'm doing the ff:

Day 1: Chest
    Day 2: Back
    Day 3: Rest
    Day 4: Arms and Shoulders
    Day 5: Legs

Heavy weights, low reps but a lot more sets... Yung main compound exercises (like squats, deadlifts, chest press) I do a lot till failure.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    back and tricep din ako ngayon. baka gusto niyo i-share workout niyo para may variation naman ako later hehehe ;)

theveed... ayos yung 8 week pec workout mo ah! simulan ko this friday :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Teka, ang ibig bang sabihin ng compound set is secondary muscles are involved? related nga ang types of exercises (compound or isolation) sa muscle involved. But the true definition is:

Compound

Compound movements are movements that work one specific muscle group more than others but also work the others to a significant degree.

Isolation

Isolation exercises exist to isolate specific muscles. Isolation exercises are very effective for brining out muscular definition. This is achieved by the stimulation of slow-twitch muscle fibers, and by the pumping of blood and nutrients into the target muscle by using high repetitions.

Dips can be performed with an emphasis on which (tris or chest) muscle is primarily worked.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Karding: AFAIK Compound movements require 2 or more JOINTS and its adjacent muscles to perform the movement... While isolation moves only 1 joint...

So parang kung chest press, you move the elbows and shoulders. Kung flys you use only the shoulder joint.

Kung rows you use elbows and back...

Ewan hehe...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is quite a good read for ectos.... Click Here I know it's an ad, but his content are simple to understand and quite sound... walang techy mumbo jumbo...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed, ewan ko na lang din :hihihi: basta ang tinatandaan ko eh compound is for bulking so less stretching but more on pressing. Dips is not pressing against the chest, it stretches it. Flyes is not pressing, it flyes

Eto, compare ko lang ang split routine namin ni theveed:

Day 1: Chest (LEGS)
    Day 2: Back (CHEST n FOREARMS)
    Day 3: Rest (BIS n ABS)
    Day 4: Arms and Shoulders (SHOULDER n TRIS)
    Day 5: Legs (BACK n TRAPS)

theveed, nakita ko nga ang website na yon. Its easy to follow nga. Pero I know where my deficiency kaya hindi na ako nag subscribe. My deficiency is my food intake, I have to take more foods. Another one is that I need at least 3500 calories in a day and 250grams of protein to gain 20lbs. Thats too much money for me right now. Im in the middle of buying a condo ang prepating for my marriage. Balita ko tumataba naman ang mga kinakasal, so Im hoping na magpack ako ng laman next year...hahahaha
    Last edited by Karding; November 4th, 2004 at 03:10 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ssaloon:

Back:
    Bent Rows
    Pro-Bar Pull downs
    Pull-ups
    Straight-bar Cable Rows
    Dead lifts

Triceps:
    Lying Extensions
    Pushdowns
    Bull-Rows

I didnt have any reps or sets included, ikaw na bahala according to your needs or goals.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Shet! akala ko masama ang junk foods a ectomorph! I dont usually eat burgers pero this is what I found!!!

Yes, you read it correctly. Junk food can be a very useful tool to the ectomorphic bodybuilder trying to put on size without worrying about body fat levels too much. But with any thing in bodybuilding there are rules to how you must employ junk food into your daily diet to aid in gaining size and not just satisfying your taste buds. The selection of junk food must contain adequate amounts of protein to meet your needs.

So, this can be Wendy's, KFC, Pizza, and foods like that. Just think about it, if you eat a triple cheeseburger from Wendy's you are getting around 50g of protein, but you are also getting a whopping amount of calories that will go along with that, that you will not get from eating your standard chicken and rice meal.

There is also another rule that must be meeting before you go run off to your nearest fast food joint, you must have some sort of protein shake before you eat the meal, consisting of a minimum of 50g of protein.

You must also try to limit your intake of carbohydrates when you go out for these meals, which means, at Wendy's skip the fries and stick to the burgers, KFC stick to the chicken and ditch the mash potatoes, and when having pizza skip the bread and just stick to the pizza.

This will insure you will gain minimal amounts of fat from this technique, while giving a blast to your metabolism. Just by having a junk food meal a few times a week to a small one once a day, you can add an easy extra 1,000+ calories to your diet, while at the same time satisfying your taste buds.
    It makes sense kse kailangan ko nga mag pack ng Calories. Of course this wouldn't work for endo and meso or else tataba sila.

Some of the food chain that I need to frequent at mas mura pa kesa sa Pinoy restaurant dito sa US:

Jack in the Box
    Subway
    McDonalds (In n Out na lang)
    Arby's
    KFC (Church's Chicken or Popeye's na lang)
    Burger King
    Taco Bell (Del Taco na lang)
    Wendy's

Bulking 101, The Ectomorph

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jon11.htm

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thank you sa mga nag post sa thread na 'to, kung hindi kayo nagtatanong, hindi ko makikita mga information na kailngan ko.

thanks talaga mga kapatid...naiiyak na tuloy ako

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Karding
    ssaloon:

Back:
    Bent Rows
    Pro-Bar Pull downs
    Pull-ups
    Straight-bar Cable Rows
    Dead lifts

Triceps:
    Lying Extensions
    Pushdowns
    Bull-Rows

I didnt have any reps or sets included, ikaw na bahala according to your needs or goals.
    same pala tayo ng workout pare, sans the straight-bar cable rows for the back. pano yun?

Tsikot Fitness and Gym Thread