New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 75 of 321 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First of all, there's no "ideal weight"... Leave that to the 80's science...

Second, refer to this thread...

Tsikot Fitness Thread

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    di naman po totally walang silbi ang treadmill... you just need the proper technique sa breathing while you're on a treadmill or any exercise na din.
    w/ the figures you've given. stay away from weights muna. cardio exercises will do it for you... remember when using the treadmill, start slowly for the first 5 mins like walking lang, warm up. after that itodo mo yung next 2 mins then slowly ulit for the next 5 mins after which you push yourself ulit for the next 2 mins. repeat the cycle cguro for 20 mins kung 1st time mo i-try, then gradually increase mo yung fast pace and decrease mo yung slow pace. and remember breathe hard and inhale a lot of oxygen during the exercise... what i like to do is warm up for the 1st 5 mins then sprint for the next 2 mins then decrease my rest (walking/light jog) to say 3-4 mins then sprint again, increasing maybe the time to 2 1/5 mins. then repeat lang the cycle hanggang you reach your desired time spent on the treadmill... Wag mo biglain sarili mo ha. Also, sabayan mo rin ng tamang diet... never workout on an empty stomach baka ikaw ay mag colap!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    C3 Gym sa may malapit sa luna mencias cor shaw. near cookbook kitchen. P500 a month lang. For bulking ako nagggym. saka na yung fat loss.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mura ah, sayang malayo samin...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    yup, ayos nga dun sa C3 kaso lang konti lang cardio equipment nya. ako kasi di masyado nagcacardio kasi super intense lagi ang workout ko. ayun.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Weights won't make you thinner. You need a more comprehensive workout and diet plan.

Treadmills don't do sh*t. Go outside, walk, run, bike!
    treadmills are useless kung speed mo 9 below. in fact even 9.5 para konti lang magagawa sa'yo. 10 ang pahinga ko, 11 standard and 12 to 13 medyo alalay na coz hearbeat will reach red zone 170. i usually switch to this speed kung 2-3minutes before the time, why? yan ang best way to determine if you had a good treadmill workout, kung kaya mo pa tumakbo ng mas mabilis before time out.

those who do over 13, will not last two minutes.

i found another way to keep my heartrate high. incline at 9.0, and jog at 6.5 to 7.5 speed. minimum 15 minutes dapat.

and before you run, dont drink 1/3 of your 300ml water/liquid, paktay ka dyan sigurado di ka matatapos.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rusem View Post
    di naman po totally walang silbi ang treadmill... you just need the proper technique sa breathing while you're on a treadmill or any exercise na din.
    w/ the figures you've given. stay away from weights muna. cardio exercises will do it for you... remember when using the treadmill, start slowly for the first 5 mins like walking lang, warm up. after that itodo mo yung next 2 mins then slowly ulit for the next 5 mins after which you push yourself ulit for the next 2 mins. repeat the cycle cguro for 20 mins kung 1st time mo i-try, then gradually increase mo yung fast pace and decrease mo yung slow pace. and remember breathe hard and inhale a lot of oxygen during the exercise... what i like to do is warm up for the 1st 5 mins then sprint for the next 2 mins then decrease my rest (walking/light jog) to say 3-4 mins then sprint again, increasing maybe the time to 2 1/5 mins. then repeat lang the cycle hanggang you reach your desired time spent on the treadmill... Wag mo biglain sarili mo ha. Also, sabayan mo rin ng tamang diet... never workout on an empty stomach baka ikaw ay mag colap!
    here's what i've been doing lately, brisk walking at 6.6 first 3 minutes. run between 6.5 to 7.5 speed at 9.0 incline for 17 minutes. walk again for 3 minutes, then run at 9.5 to 10 until 35 minutes. why? 35 minutes coz I can't seem to run 11 na eh to finish at 30 min. these past 2 weeks. maybe it's the weather, very depressing kasi lately eh.

if I ate a heavy meal 2 hours before treadmill, sigurado may sasakit sakin sa bandang right side. but I change my breathing, may lalabas yun hangin from the inside, either burp or f*r* if that happens, I'm sure the oxygen is already burning the left-over food.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dredd0 View Post
    I'm only 15 yrs old and my height is only 5'3 and my weight is 164 lbs.. tanong ko lang pag nag weights ba ako kasabay ng diet papayat ba muna chest and arms ko bago lumaki o magiging punggok
    If you're a beginner it's possible for you to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. Di lang papayat arms and chest mo because fat loss is spread all over the body. There is no such thing as spot training (losing fat in one area only).

Since you're more on losing weight, you shouldnt get that "punggok" look that small bodybuilders have. You won't turn into Arnold overnight. It takes years to get that big (without steroids).

dahil magiging muscles ung taba ko and mababa ung height ko..
    Fat does not turn into muscle. It seems like it but actually you shed fat and gain muscle.

.. nagpapapayat kc ako and parang walang nagagawa ung treadmill..need suggestions lang po..
    Give us a list of the food you eat on an average day. Diet if very important when you wanna lose weight.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    here's what i've been doing lately, brisk walking at 6.6 first 3 minutes. run between 6.5 to 7.5 speed at 9.0 incline for 17 minutes. walk again for 3 minutes, then run at 9.5 to 10 until 35 minutes. why? 35 minutes coz I can't seem to run 11 na eh to finish at 30 min. these past 2 weeks. maybe it's the weather, very depressing kasi lately eh.

if I ate a heavy meal 2 hours before treadmill, sigurado may sasakit sakin sa bandang right side. but I change my breathing, may lalabas yun hangin from the inside, either burp or f*r* if that happens, I'm sure the oxygen is already burning the left-over food.
    mas ok if you monitor your heart rate para mas effective yun workout mo if you are into fat burn or cardio. there is a specific heart rate that you need to maintain. I think most treadmills/machines have this.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by phat_azz View Post
    ayoko na rin nung canned tuna, ang taas ng sodium. mare-retain lang din yung water sa katawan ko.
    nung nabasa ko to nagdalawang isip na ako sa pagkain ng canned tuna.. dun ko kasi halos kinukuha ung protein na kailangan ko.. pati ung egg white (6pcs/day).. gusto ko sana mag supplement kaso mejo magastos saka studyante pa lang ako..

nag start ako mag gym, april 2006 (5'8" 125 lbs) ngayon after 7 months of on and off weights training, 145~150lbs ako (16~17% body fat).. parang nastuck na ako, parang wala na akong nakikitang improvement sa katawan ko.. ang hirap talga maging ectomorph.. ang hirap mag gain

Tsikot Fitness and Gym Thread