New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 70 of 321 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    which is better and cheaper in the long run? eating canned tuna or drinking protein drinks/shakes/supplements after going to the gym? any suggestions to be eaten/taken before going to the gym?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Definitely shakes

When I tried to diet without supps (budgeting), ginawa ko na yan...

Cost is roughly the same, but the hassle of eating the friggin tuna over several months, day-in-day-out makes it even more expensive that buying whey.

Whey has higher quality protien and in a way, taste better than tuna in water.

An hour before workout, load up on good carbs... Protein is more critical post-workout.

Eto yung Tuna Thread sa PBFB

Eto yung Post Workout Shake Article

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ok... how about yung weider amino 6000 capsules? recommended siya nung gym namin e. and it's cheap too. oh btw, i'm still trying to lose weight. i'm 5'8" at around 180-185lbs. but i was almost 200lbs when i started going to the gym since aug.4. baka di pa ideal ang supplements sa akin since naglo-lose weight ako? parang ayoko naman mag-take ng mga fat burners like xenadrine and hydroxycut... i'm planning to do the tabata method na lang. hehehe.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    amino is not cheap... check the nutrition facts and the required number of capsules just to achieve 20g of protein... unlike whey... 1 scoop lang...

i prefer whey (with milk para complete protein) than amino...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    An hour before workout, load up on good carbs... Protein is more critical post-workout.
    [/url]
    how about this kapatid, load up NO-xplode an hour or 45min before workout. And then protein post-workout.

My current intake on pre-workout is 1-serving of protein with 5gram creatine. Papalitan ko sana ng NO-xplode, good trade-off kaya?

I know napagusapan na natin kung effective ang NO or not. Pero I'd like to try it anyway and see for myself.

TIA

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    anybody here who is a member of Red Corner Gym (Holiday Inn Galleria)?

Red corner here! Always there fridays and sundays. sometimes wednesday.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    kulang ba talaga ang protein sa daily meals para mag supplements?

I mean, if you eat like 1pc chicken(any part) for 1 day, is that not enough?

And... pardon me pero i dont know how to say it

hindi ba magiging "fake" yun muscles mo if you take in too much protein supplements? opposed to having them increase naturally thru proper lifting and training?

sorry

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    van_wilder: bro, nag-todo ako ngayon sa cardio for the past 2 months.. got over my hump of 165 lbs. and now down to 157 lbs.. hehehe

tapos sinasabayan ko pa ngayon ng Whey after workouts (3-4 times / week)...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding View Post
    how about this kapatid, load up NO-xplode an hour or 45min before workout. And then protein post-workout.

My current intake on pre-workout is 1-serving of protein with 5gram creatine. Papalitan ko sana ng NO-xplode, good trade-off kaya?

I know napagusapan na natin kung effective ang NO or not. Pero I'd like to try it anyway and see for myself.

TIA
    Honestly, been out of the BB loop for a year now hehe, no clue na bro.

Cardo: One chicken part translates to roughly 8-10 grams of protein, you need around .75grams/pound of bodyweight to SUSTAIN CURRENT MUSCLE MASS, you need a 1:1 or 1.5:1 ratio to gain muscle.

In short, try 3/4 a chicken without the skin per day hehe.

How can supplements make anything "fake"? Supplements are just dietary ingredients in REGULAR food extracted in pure form, in case of whey protein supplements, it's protein minus the fat and low carb.

Human breast milk is primarily whey. Almost all pre-1 year old infant formula is made with whey protein, no lactose.

Know the facts bro. You won't get muscle regardless of what you eat without proper training, neither will you get muscle growth without proper diet.

Can you grow without supps? Yes, but it takes an ENORMOUS amount of budget and dedication to do so.

Eating 3000-5000 calories a day with high quality food alone is really, really hard to achieve, both physically and financially.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo View Post
    kulang ba talaga ang protein sa daily meals para mag supplements?

I mean, if you eat like 1pc chicken(any part) for 1 day, is that not enough?

And... pardon me pero i dont know how to say it

hindi ba magiging "fake" yun muscles mo if you take in too much protein supplements? opposed to having them increase naturally thru proper lifting and training?

sorry
    ahh, the ALL NATURAL bodybuilder. who wouldnt wanna be one? but majority of bodybuilders arent natural.

if you are not genetically GIFTED of having a good physique, then there is no harm or having a "fake" muscle [if its really fake]. those pro BBers didnt grow just by lifting properly alone. may mga aid din sila for speedy recovery of muscle fibers torn due to lifting.

a chicken breast = 24grams where left and right breast equates to 48grams. legs etc, I dont think thats enough. kaya mo kayang kumain ng chicken breast 7-days a week?

besides, Id rather have a "fake" muscle than nothing at all :evillaugh

Quote Originally Posted by dehadista View Post
    van_wilder: bro, nag-todo ako ngayon sa cardio for the past 2 months.. got over my hump of 165 lbs. and now down to 157 lbs.. hehehe

tapos sinasabayan ko pa ngayon ng Whey after workouts (3-4 times / week)...
    good job kapatid!

Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Honestly, been out of the BB loop for a year now hehe, no clue na bro.
    ahhh ic. Its okay kapatid, I'll start loading next week.
    Last edited by Karding; September 1st, 2006 at 12:04 PM.

Tsikot Fitness and Gym Thread