New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 55 of 321 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRock
    Weird is pag sa basketball mga 3 baba lang sobrang pagod na ako hirap i control ang galaw sa court di tulad sa road nakaka diskarte ka.
    Iba nga sa basketball compared to long distance running, its more of sprints, quick jumps, bumps, when you get your 2nd wind ok ka na.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRock
    Weird is pag sa basketball mga 3 baba lang sobrang pagod na ako hirap i control ang galaw sa court di tulad sa road nakaka diskarte ka.
    It's not weird naman actually, marathon running uses fast twitch fibers that can endure long, repeated low impact movements while slow twitch fibers are explosive. Working on slwo twitch is much better than the other in terms of fitness... Just compare marathon runners with sprinters. Much more growth hormones and metabolism are generated with burst-type movements than long duration exercises.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Worth listening for fat loss folks...

http://www.fitstep.com/goto/burn-the-fat-mp3.htm

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the secret to long running are the shoes, find out first your foot type whether nuetral, over or under pronated or if you're a forefoot, midfoot or rearfoot runner, found this out the hard way, bought a shoe than ran it for 15km returned it after my foot didnt agree with the shoe

FYI Eduardo Buenavista, the philippine long distance runner can do 10km under 30min he outpaces me by more than 4km and he's not even 5'5!

when i joined the 16km run last 2004 along roxas i saw a guy running with just slippers on and i said to myself wow! this guys must be extreme, that was till i saw the guy running barefoot...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed, van_wilder, meet a Call Center worker who can lift 135lbs

135lbs bench press

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    She can bench press me if she wants :D hehe.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    resurrect ko lang.

to treadmill buffs: how do you motivate yourselves to finish a 15-30 min run?

lately I'm running out of tricks to divert my mind

my techniques before:

* eliminate distractions. I dont run in front of TV or in front of another treadmill runner. lalo na pag girl yun nasa harap. this is so distracting lalo pag na-x-xray ko na yun bakat ng underwear nya after a prolonged eye focus (hehehe). so what I did is to choose a treadmill fronting a wall. then I focus on one area of the wall.

* the above worked for me for quite a while but then I began to fix my sight on the timer instead of the wall. and boy did the timer went so slow, as if it's taking forever to finish a 30 minute run. and so I covered the timers with the face towel.

* the towel covering trick worked but then again, I got so bored. and so I figured why not brainstorm about my work-related to do's/deadlines/strategies etc. and this was a disaster. thinking about work is like sucking all the energies out of me . I cant even finish a 5 minute run when I experimented on this.

* good thing the mp3 player came in handy. I played my favorite upbeat music for quite some time. I got so used playing my favorite mp3's that I already memorized the running time of each song. and now I'm using it as a alternative timer (I still cover the treadmill timer with a towel). And like the timer problem, my songs seem to take too long to finish .....

i'm now thinking of downloading trance/techo/dance non-stop mix yun, at least yun more than 30 minutes sana. any titles you can suggest na ma-download? I liked the techno ones, yun mga pine-play sa mga European discos. like that background music in Vin diesel's Triple XXX (the scene where the hottie Argento girl pole danced) or in Blade I's intro scene (the scene where Traci Lords danced seductively in front of Blade and with all those ***y vampires)

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    resurrect ko lang.

to treadmill buffs: how do you motivate yourselves to finish a 15-30 min run?
    Watch the pretty lady in front of me do her stuff. Watch the behind wiggle, watch her jugs jiggle. Most of the time I go to the gym (8-9am) there seems to be plenty of pretty women.

i'm now thinking of downloading trance/techo/dance non-stop mix yun, at least yun more than 30 minutes sana. any titles you can suggest na ma-download?
    Hallucinogen with some of their hits:
    Trancespotter
    Demention
    Orphic Thrench
    Beautiful People
    Dark Magus
    LSD
    Alpha Centauri
    Shamanix
    Snarling Black Mabel

Edit: Progressive trance which start out somewhat slow/medium and speeds up.

Also, would you believe my wife practices her "singkil" with them?
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 22nd, 2006 at 08:55 AM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    * the above worked for me for quite a while but then I began to fix my sight on the timer instead of the wall. and boy did the timer went so slow, as if it's taking forever to finish a 30 minute run. and so I covered the timers with the face towel.

* the towel covering trick worked but then again, I got so bored. and so I figured why not brainstorm about my work-related to do's/deadlines/strategies etc. and this was a disaster. thinking about work is like sucking all the energies out of me . I cant even finish a 5 minute run when I experimented on this.
    Simple lang formula ko dito.

A TV and then it's either my lungs gonna blowup or my legs gonna break apart.

I usually time myself 45 min to 1 hour in the mill.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    By the way, the techno you heard in the beginning of Blade is Confusion by New Order........

Tsikot Fitness and Gym Thread