New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 53 of 321 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    theveed - ano yun 50/40/10 diet?

kung abs lng prob i dont think sit ups alone would do the trick kelangan proper diet, cardio mas importante

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sa akin,

30 pushups and 30 situps everyday before shower... mabilis dapat kasi baka ma-late. Then basketball every thursday and friday.

diet: low carb high protein...

Golden rule: 1 cup of rice only or less

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ILD, during workout/cardio try mo kaya magsuot ng 'slimmer belt'? I havent tried it but I have been using a lift-belt for a very long time. Naiipit ang belly ko kaya siguro hindi lumalaki kahit na ano kainin ko. Of course, there is the factor that Im an ecto.

the sauna-action of this shaper belt boosts the benefits of your regular workout by retaining moist warmth and body heat, so you shed excess water around your middle as you exercise. Wear it while you perform other daily tasks too, to help you look slimmer. The specially designed zipper closure adjusts to any size waist to slim and trim your appearance instantly. It also provides great back support.
    Everlast Slimmer Belt , Neoprene Waist Trimmer or similar.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Eto routine ko suggest nalang kayo ano dapat pag gawin.. Daily 5km run.. 1000 situps 500 sa umaga 500 sa hapon..(with 20kg weights sa chess ko) about 45deg position. konting buhat ng weights pag nasa mood basta yung para sa ABS is must sakin daily..

Problem is upper part ng Belly Ok may muscle pero lower part medyo may FATS pa parang ayaw matunaw hindi pa naman worse (consious lang siguro ako)

On diet side.. Bihira na ko mag rice at carbo.. mostly steak,chicken at fish lang and lots of green salad... minsan nga twice a day nalang ako eat wala ng lunch Brakfast at Dinner nalang (wala din snack)

Suspect ko====> My nature of work 12hrs naka upo sa harap ng PC hayyyyy misan iniikot ko na buong office para lang maka bawas sa 12hrs sitting. Eto siguro reason kaha hirap ako mag paliit ng tyan hehehehe sing of age na yata hindi naman ako nainom na ng alak
    Last edited by NightRock; February 3rd, 2006 at 03:43 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    500 situps each set? amf, hanep ah. With that amount of sit-ups I think ang kulang lang yata is the proper "execution" ng sit-up. on the other hand, parang generics kagaya ng sabi ni theveed ang lower abs.

diet wise, you should still eat 5-times a day na konti lang. Dahil kung twice a day ka lang kakain, you may not feel hungry but the cortisol can cause that fat.

Ano ba ang BFI mo?

Q. I want to get rid of my lower belly pooch. How do I work the lower abs?
    From Paige Waehner,
    Your Guide to Exercise.
    FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!

A.

Many people still think their abs are divided into lower and upper sections. This isn't true. Your rectus abdominis is actually one long muscle that travels from your lower chest to your pelvis so any exercise you do works the entire muscle.

That isn't to say that reverse crunches (or other exercises that target the 'lower' abs) are useless. It's a good idea to do a variety of exercises, but don't expect to do 'lower' ab exercises to get rid of a lower belly pooch. Remember--the only way to do that is to reduce your body fat.
    si theveed ang mahusay sa BFI topics, wala kse akong fat...hehe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Getting The Most Out of Your Ab Workouts
    As mentioned above, doing hundreds of crunches every day is not the most effective way to strengthen your abs. Your approach to ab workouts should be the same as any other muscle in your body. Specifically:

* Do exercises to target ALL of your ab/lower back muscles: TVA (the Plank), internal and external obliques (oblique twists), rectus abdominis (bicycle), and back extensions work your lower back muscles. Your exercises should include each of these muscle groups
    * Do between 10-16 repetitions for each exercise. If that's too easy, pay attention to your form. Are you using momentum? Are you really using your abs or are you incorporating other muscles to help you (like your neck or hip flexors)?
    * Work your abs 3-4 times a week with a day of rest in between.
    * Do a complete program of cardio, strength training and stretching along with your ab routine.
    * Eating a healthy low-calorie diet with your program is essential for losing body fat.
    puro cardio (running) ka lang ba? sabayan mo kaya ng stregnth training every other day?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sabi na nga ba Body Fats lang talaga.. kailangan ko na yata ng Fat Burner...pati kasi sa side belly mga 1 inch ang fats na nakakapa ko. meron ako nakita sa GNC store Fat burner masubukan nga ..

Karding
    Kayang kaya ang 500 situps its a matter of practice lang dati hirap din ako pero nakuha sa Mind Over Body principle...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ahhh ic. mind over body din gamit ko while lifting pero sa sit-ups 'strict and contract' each and every rep.

3x12 lang ginagawa ko sa swissball crunches with 25lbs and 3x12 prone knee pull-ins.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRock
    Eto routine ko suggest nalang kayo ano dapat pag gawin.. Daily 5km run.. 1000 situps 500 sa umaga 500 sa hapon..(with 20kg weights sa chess ko) about 45deg position. konting buhat ng weights pag nasa mood basta yung para sa ABS is must sakin daily..

Problem is upper part ng Belly Ok may muscle pero lower part medyo may FATS pa parang ayaw matunaw hindi pa naman worse (consious lang siguro ako)

On diet side.. Bihira na ko mag rice at carbo.. mostly steak,chicken at fish lang and lots of green salad... minsan nga twice a day nalang ako eat wala ng lunch Brakfast at Dinner nalang (wala din snack)

Suspect ko====> My nature of work 12hrs naka upo sa harap ng PC hayyyyy misan iniikot ko na buong office para lang maka bawas sa 12hrs sitting. Eto siguro reason kaha hirap ako mag paliit ng tyan hehehehe sing of age na yata hindi naman ako nainom na ng alak
    kung 5km ka everyday taas ng mileage mu pre, that alone can tone you down

try joining marathons or adventure races, my bro lost 8 lbs in a single day when we joined the TNF race, that was 12 hours of running biking rappeling tyrolean traversing and climbing, imagine what multiday races can do, 1 mo recovery period mu nun

cardio is the key, if you can run 10k in 50-55 min malakas ka na nun. weightlifting is good for complimentary training only, like kung nagtratraining kami for competitions nagweweight dins but targeted areas lang for specific muscle strenght, in weightlifting alone you're not using core muscles kasi, yes it might look good but athleticism is very low, that is why you wont see buffed up guys on triathlons, marathons, adventure races, swimming, biking and climbing competitions

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    NightRock, first of all BOW AKO sa endurance mo hehe... I remember dati when active pa ako sa karate (mga highschool? hehe) nagagawa ko pa yan, right now kahit 20 hirap hehehhe.

Note that doing that much situps, esp weighted situps will actually make your waist larger due to muscle development.

It makes no difference kung nasa abs yan or other part ng body, you present stress, the body will cope, it'll develop micro-tear, recovery will make those micro-tear go away by making them bigger and stronger...

Just think of this din, if you see kargadors and construction guys na mapapayat, you'll see them having 6 packs, but you'll see their abs are quite flat, unlike those bodybuilders na bulging yung kada pack. That's what situps, esp weighted ones, do, increase muscle mass sa area na yun.

Now we talk about the genetic factor. You can see a lot of BB pros that don't have nice 6 or even 4 packs... Arnold only had 4, Mike Matarazzo had 8, nasa genetics talaga yan kung anong itsura lalabas, a lot of people have uneven packs meaning the left one is higher/lower than the right ab muscle etc etc. Wala kang magagawa dun.

But in your case, it's clearly a case of dietary need. I usually tell people to fix your diets before resorting to fat burners. Fat burners will help, but you'll be dependent on them, they don't magically melt fat, what they do is raise your metabolism and raise your body temp to facilitate faster fat burning that your body NATURALLY does.

If you eat 6-8 small meals a day, you'll accelerate fat loss dramatically since your metabolism is stable and high throughout the day. Think of that as burning calories 24-7 without you doing anything extra. No drug/supplement can do that... Fat burners spikes your metabolism for several hours, but a good diet plan will do it throughout the day.

I'm not against Fat burners, but until you learn to eat the right way to facilitate fat loss, you're just band-aiding your fat loss progress. I guarantee you that as soon as you stop taking them, you'll get back to square one in no time.

Back to situps. I hope you know the diff between situps and crunches as well. Full situps are pretty much useless for the whole abdominal region's development as it uses too much hip flexor muscles, the area where your groin's upper "V" corners meet your hip, to generate the pulling force.

As compared to crunches (especially on a decline board) where you ROLL your abs instead of sitting up, situps don't work your abs that much at all.

Remember when working on the midsection, the key is simply to lift the shoulderblades off the ground and CONTRACT the abdominal muscles as hard as you can.

If you're doing situps, watch yourself with a mirror from the side, you'll see yourself as a fulcrum where your hips look like a joint and your upper body is just straight up. You're not working the abs at all.

Same with leg raises.

Tsikot Fitness and Gym Thread