New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 211 of 321 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 3210
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    Thanks. Darn it! Old age is really catching up to me.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    i bet im older than you..age is just a number..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    got some before and after pics? be an inspiration to others, post it here...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Did 10kms on the treadmill yesterday maintaining a speed of nothing less than 8kph. Now my left knee is painful, hirap na ako maglakad. I am starting to think, I can't do the 21k anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    what is your target time to finish your 21k? 29mins for 5km is fast pace... if you feel the knee pain after that distance with the same pace that means you are maintaining a faster pace that your body cannot keep up. If your target is a sub 2 for the 21km perhaps it will be advisable not to go for it, but if your goal is to finish it within the cut off time, pace yourself and run on a slower pace, you can even do a run jog walk combination... but if the pain is there... best thing is still to listen to your body... you will be the one to decide .. train well ..avoid injury... there will be more 21kms to run if ever you can't make it this time.. have a safe run..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwintommy View Post
    what is your target time to finish your 21k? 29mins for 5km is fast pace... if you feel the knee pain after that distance with the same pace that means you are maintaining a faster pace that your body cannot keep up. If your target is a sub 2 for the 21km perhaps it will be advisable not to go for it, but if your goal is to finish it within the cut off time, pace yourself and run on a slower pace, you can even do a run jog walk combination... but if the pain is there... best thing is still to listen to your body... you will be the one to decide .. train well ..avoid injury... there will be more 21kms to run if ever you can't make it this time.. have a safe run..
    Yeah, won't be able to make it anymore. Been limping since the last time I went to the gym.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Yeah, won't be able to make it anymore. Been limping since the last time I went to the gym.

thats why i refrain from using the treadmill...my preferred cardio is still the stair climber, not punishing on the knees if you have an existing knee problem, do it right and youll notice its more quad dominant..if youre on the heavy side, skip the running...its punishing to the knees

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    wala mangyayari sa treamill coz the mind is so smart, hindi sya mag-issue ng reduce fat order sa body kung ang parating nakikikita ng eyes eh the same thing, hindi naman nag-move foreard like true running outside

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Real-world running is much more difficult right? Because the terrain changes? Or it is the opposite?
    Treadmill running is much easier because you have machine assist. If I run 1.5 miles outside, I consider running 3 miles on the treadmill as equivalent.

At my age, I only do 3 miles (4.8 km) tops on the treadmill. I try to finish the 3 miles in around ~30 minutes. I'm just trying to stay in shape and not training for a competition. But, I try to keep myself in compliance with the USAF fitness standard for my age group. Considering I'm in my low 50's, I think I'm doing okay, especially when most of my peers are on meds or crutches or woefully out of shape, constantly visiting doctors at the VA.

I do my yearly physical and that's it. The only med I take is for gout and that is because I refuse to cut down on spicy food.

When I use the treadmill, it's my only gym activity for the day. On the days I ride the bike and use the elliptical, I have enough energy still for some half-court basketball afterwards.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 17th, 2017 at 10:37 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i tried treadmill before.
    i almost died... of boredom!
    nothing beats the wind in your face.. the various facets of humanity... the rain on your head and in your shoes!!!

this was way back when roxas blvd air was... air!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i tried treadmill before.
    i almost died... of boredom!
    nothing beats the wind in your face.. the various facets of humanity... the rain on your head and in your shoes!!!

this was way back when roxas blvd air was... air!
    there is always netflix doc..

Tsikot Fitness and Gym Thread