New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 44 of 321 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ungas:: masakit ba kahit day-to-day activities lang ang ginagawa mo? pag tinataas mo ba hood nang beast mo eh sumasakit na shoulders mo? patingin ka sa 'sports doctor' baka na-injure ka na nga.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Originally posted by theveed
    Kingkaboodles: Hehe, nice to hear... Dapat ata talaga maningil na ako ah!!! hehe, 3 na kayo effective ang results sa fat loss programs!!! hehehe....
    dapat nga ata maningil ka na nang consultation fee! or gawa ka instructional video.. hehehe.. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di naman po, I was on shoulder workout today and experimented on lifting more weight that I should've. Instead of the common 12-15 count on 25kgs. seated dumbell press or 5-8kgs. seated military press. I tried to add more weight by doing 35kgs. on dumbells and 10-15kgs. on barbells, (I mix them both alternately 2 sets each) I felt my right shoulder cuff pop off and felt uneasy while doing the seated dumbell press. I had to drop both dumbell on the mat asap.

Tried to test rotating my whole right arm, forward and backward motion, there was some tingling sensation around the shoulder area, but not that much pain. I also tried to hang on the bars using both hand grips, not much pain either.

I was afraid I tore a ligament during that work out, but after resting a couple of minutes. I continued on to forearm exercises and barbell curls.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Glenn: Read my reply a few posts back... Totally useless to use light weights, waste of energy, waste of time. Pick a weight that you can do 10-12 reps in good form and pace but no more. Note that down for record purposes.

Since you're just starting out, spend a week or so practicing the movements with lighter weights muna. Weights that will challenge you up to 12reps but not failure. FOCUS ON FORM.

Once you get the form figured out, na-feel mo which muscles SHOULD be working and how your joints and muscles should feel during the movement, gradually move up in weight until you reach a near failure weight at 10-12 reps.

Needless to say, a spotter is essential if you're using a barbell, a dumbbell is easier to experiment on alone.

Bottom line: Spend this week and a half learning the correct motion of all the exercises that I've given you. None of your movements should be unnatural (meaning, forcing yourself to over arch your back during chest or shoulder exercises, bouncing your knees during squats/leg presses, etc). As long as your movements are well controlled, you don't have to worry about lifting too much. Matagal mo pa proproblemahin yun hehe, at your frame and body structure, you can easily bench 200 when you finally get the hang of it laki mo eh...

Ungas/King: Injuries occur not because of excessive weight but poor form and tempo. With the right form, your body naturally tells you that the weight it too much and will not be able to go any further. Performing exercises with poor form will allow you to move more weight sacrificing your joint structure's natural support positions leading to injury.

Ungas: Consult a PT for your peace of mind. If your shoulder kinda popped, it probably got "loose" for a moment and popped right back. I'm no doctor so I can't assess. You most probably had too much weight shift to the rear when doing presses and arching the back a bit too much. That's why behind the neck movements are not that recommended for beginners where form has not yet been solidly established.

Regarding the weight. Always add weight gradually, 2.5-5% increase is safer, what you did was pretty much a 30% jump in weight, that's too much for you to control unless you know when to stop.

Ask for professional help regarding the shoulder, I don't think you torn anything personally (based on your description). Are your shoulders inflammed by now? If not, baka nagslide off lang yung socket ng shoulder mo... Again, seek medical opinion for your peace of mind.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks theveed!!i recorded naman the weights na ginagamit ko ngayon.it's comfortable enough to have proper form but not too light..thanks mehn!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    david, thanks, got your email! i'll try this starting next month!

guys, may alam ba kayong malupit na delt workout? parang nagplateau na yung shoulders ko eh (sans rear delts).

TIA
    Last edited by ssaloon; November 24th, 2004 at 11:14 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Miko: check your mail again.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by theveed
    ....Ask for professional help regarding the shoulder, I don't think you torn anything personally (based on your description). Are your shoulders inflammed by now? If not, baka nagslide off lang yung socket ng shoulder mo... Again, seek medical opinion for your peace of mind.
    No muscle fiber inflamation since yesterday, but moving at a certain point sometimes include a pinching pain behind the shoulder.

Probably just popped to remind me that I'm lifting too much weight that I should've. Btw, I was doing it ala-pyramid (based from you guys posted which is not effective), started with 20kgs.x15 dumbells, then 30kgs.x8 (the last push where shoulder popped).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Medyo malaking jump yung 20 - 30 kg unless malakas ka na talaga...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    nag shoulders ako kanina... sumakit yun left traps ko, ewan ko nga kung ano nangyari... sumakit after ko mag-drive... ano kaya nangyari? pwede ba ako mainjure diyan?

ginawa ko:

dumbberll shoulder press with front raise
    upright row with lateral raise...

yun lang...

Tsikot Fitness and Gym Thread