New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 39 of 321 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Regarding the pyramid article: I somewhat agree and disagree... I think pyramiding is a great way to induce good failure, what most people are doing wrong (in my opinion and observation) is that they use the word "light" and "gradual" too seriously.

Meaning... Let's say you can bench 150lb for 10 reps usually. Most people I see starts with a warmup, a warmup set that they either use too heavy of a weight, forcing them to excert too much effort (around 110-120lbs maybe?)... That's not warming up... You only need a light weight to get the blood flowing in that area... I usually do DB presses with 30lbs only, but stretching a lot during the lowest point without relaxing, sqeezing a lot at peak, then bring the DB to the side and stretch them at a fly position. Then do fast, but controlled presses for 2 sets.. After these 2 sets, your muscles should feel loose, but not tired.

Anyway... Onto the working set, using the same 150x10 capability, people usually start with 120, 130, 140, before they reach 150...

Why?

You're warmed up, go straight to 150x10, the go up to whatever x8, 6 whatever...

I usually go straight to whatever weight I can do 10 reps max (failure), then go up with smaller reps until I stop at a weight wherein I can only do 2-3 reps, then I rest and do the heaviest weight (the one I did last) for a set or two, before dropping down to a weight wherein I can do 5-6 rep max. Stay at that till I can't lift it...

I'm not saying that that's the "right" way of doing it, but why waste effort on poundages that you know you can do effortlessly anyway?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    warmup ko sa bench is 115lbs... last set ko is 205lbs... 140-145lbs lang ang body weight ko... 8sets ginagawa ko... naovertrain ako kainis... from 39-40" naging 37-38" dami nakapansin... gusto ko kasi sana magkaroon ng square na chest eh, naover-do ko naman.... haay buhay

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but everybody knows that by varying grip or angles, the outer and inner part of the main pectoral muscle gets used in a different manner
    Again, you may have millions of people believe about this, but its still a misconception.

same as a "lower and upper bicep", there's no such thing, but preacher curls tend to work the part that's nearest to the elbow joint compared to concentration curls.
    Never heard of this. But a preacher curl separates the brachii; thus, creating an illusion of upper and lower.

But whatever works best for you is what matters most.

van_wilder, sa isang exercise ka lang yata nag co-concentrate kaya hindi mo matapos ang routine. 2x45lbs + 2x35lbs + 45lbs bar = 205lbs heavy talaga!

I'm not saying that that's the "right" way of doing it, but why waste effort on poundages that you know you can do effortlessly anyway?
    Agreed.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    bigat na pla buhat niyo... im starting on low weight muna and gradually adding on some weights di ko din kaya sobrang bigat agad, since i stopped for quite some time

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    slowly but surely cutedoc, ayos yan. Everyone needs to start crawling before they could run.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wonder kung kelan ako magbebench hehe...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may kwenta ba mga pre ang Timeworks? may ganun kami sa bahay eh...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For cardio, yes... I tried playing with that thing for 15 minutes before, ok naman sya, I prefer that over a treadmill, rower or bike. I like the stretch and how the upper body is used. I prefer using it with medium resistance, tipong may effort talaga to pull the lever side to side.

Mura nalang nya ngayon sa mga sport shops... Wanted to get one for my wife, but wala kaming space sa bahay masyado.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just what I need hehe

12 Steps to a Bigger Bench

From here http://www.criticalbench.com/program.htm

I'll read this tonight :P

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    dati nagstart ako hindi ko maubuhat yun bar... tapos sa chest press para akong babae 30-45lbs lang kaya ko... it took me 2years din... struggle talaga, hardwork pati dedication din talaga... hindi rin magic...

KARDING: feeling ko mahina endurance ko pero lately nag-iimprove binaba ko to 185 yun bench ko... para makapag incline dumbbell press din ako pati flyes/x-overs and decline...

Tsikot Fitness and Gym Thread