New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 29 of 321 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by van_wilder
    for me everyday is a cheat day... sa december promise diet na ako... may point yun hardgainers workout na pinost mo theveed, nagresearch ka talaga ah... puro magaganda yun mga articles niyo ni karding, talgang helpful...
    if you're an ecto, I dont think you need a strict diet. Eat everything just as long as you supplement with protein and consume at least 3,500 calories a day. Like I said earlier, yun ang mali ko. Akala ko ang junk foods (burgers, pizzas, cakes) eh hindi maganda sakin as an ectomorph. Kse naman ang definition ng junk foods sa pinas eh mga chippy, crackers, etc. Kaya naman burgers pinili ko, wala akong ibang choice as a natural source of calories.

ectos, eat everything, take protein 1gram per weight, at least 3,500 calories per day, lift heavy with less rep. endos and mesos stay away from our diet or you will gain weight and fat. :jump:

van_wilder, theres only one way to find out kung mali nga ang Max-OT. Pero looking at the low rep with heavy weight and more sets technique, this is definitely for bulking. Max-OT is another form of HIT, High Intensity Training.

Are you frustrated with busting your butt in the gym hour after hour, month after month, and year after year with little or no results to show for it? Learn how to break your plateau!
    Max-OT Training Article

Sa January malalaman natin kung effective nga ang diet ko and max-ot.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, if you're an ecto (or ecto-meso) you'll get off scott-free even if you cheat during bulk... Chances are your high metabolism can burn or utilize the fat anyway... wag naman sobrang daming junk food like chips and stuff... Walang kwenta talaga kung mga chips and sugars ang pang-habol sa calories hehe.

"bad" foods that are made of "real" ingredients like beef, chicken etc will be fine, not optimal, but fine lang yun... Burgers, Fchix, etc will be fine... so will your "regular" food like adobo and stuff... Unlike meso-endo types na malaking chance to store fat (like myself) have to be stricter...

But I still advice against taking in too much unnecessary sugars and sodium... Not good for any body type...

Karding: I think if ectos are seriously considering gaining mass, 1.5g/pound would be more ideal... Calories mas madaling habulin, pero protein medyo mahal hehe...

I did the math the other night, papatak parehas lang cost ng tuna at whey powder based on protein content... mga P30 per serving din for 30g of protein... tsk tsk... gastos hehe... Buti pa kayo you're under 150, ako 165 hoping to be 175-180 post bulk... SAKIT SA BULSA!!! :P :P :P

Today ako nagstart ng crea at whey... bibili akong zinc and magnesium mamaya sa mercury, im sure mas mura dun kesa mga supplement shops...

I'm just loading crea at 10g per day right now for 1 week...

Sa kabilang thread ko nalang kwento....

Chest/tricep workout today... can't move my arm that much right now, hehe tricep really pumped. Chest doesn't feel like it was worked much, but based on last week's DOMS, I'm expecting good DOMS by tomorrow night or so...

Ganun padin, incline db press, flat db press, cable flyes... then french curls, reverse pushdowns... tapos...

Was able to incline 50lb for 5 reps after 3 sets (35x10/40x10/45x8)... Hirap iakyat sa last rep!!! hehe... Pagdating sa flat db press, wala na halos, di ko na kaya 50... kahit 45 hirap na...

I love dumbbells hehe.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW: OT lang... Karding/Van_Wilder may Yahoo Messenger ID ba kayo? Pa add naman, karateka17 ako... :D

Gawa kaya tayong pinoy BB board? hehe... walang laman mga local BB/Fitness boards eh...

very well said theveed, detailed and accurate=) pede kaya nutritionish con healt adviser con physical trainor
    Car wash boy lang po ako heheheh...
    Last edited by theveed; November 8th, 2004 at 12:20 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Asan nga ulit yung link ng ecto-endo ek-ek?

Di ko na maalala differences. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh, if you're seriously trying to diet and count macronutrients, this site can help you track foods that we buy that doesn't have a nutrition table...

http://www.fitday.com

It's fairly accurate...

Good luck.

Eto sakin for today...

http://www.bigberts.com/temp/nov8diet.jpg

Medyong mali nga lang mga entries nya for oatmeal and tuna (mataas yung fat yung nasa database nila, I need to remove that and enter my own details.)

*edit* removed pic, too large for screen, sorry.
    Last edited by theveed; November 8th, 2004 at 03:30 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks David! :D

So am I an Endomorph? Napansin ko kasi based from the programs I'm currently doing. Moderate weights with several repititions. Plus cardio workouts.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Originally posted by theveed
    Gawa kaya tayong pinoy BB board? hehe... walang laman mga local BB/Fitness boards eh...
    i agree with this. i'm not really aware of any local BB/Fitness boards.

theveed:: i checked out the link you posted on fat burning/training. ganda nung program. thanks!

okay lang ba substitute ko ung arnold press instead of the seated dumbell press?

today cardio. Kalistenics lang at punching bag. that ok?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    who made your program and how was it assesed ba? usually kasi ang prob ng mga personal trainers sa mga gym they give you a cookie cutter program na "pwede na" umpisahan...

im not a pro or certified trainer ha, but i see that most programs that are handed out to newbies are "compromise" programs, meaning the program attempts to do everything in one session...

They put you to weights to hopefully build up your muscle so it can help burn fat and support good tone... Simultaneously they put you in a cardio workout to burn fat...

I honestly haven't seen many people getting good results this way, whether short term or long term.

My theory (note, theory ko lang to, holds zero scientific truth or basis) is that in order to burn fat, effectively, you have to have the endurance and muscle strength, otherwise, you'll just lose water weight, muscle and some fat.

In order to gain muscle mass, you have to maximize your muscle's ability to grow through stress (workouts) and nutrition.

Most of the programs that I read in our gym are not bad, but I've never seen anyone nuking it out with the weight training. They just go through the motion until the set finishes. Little to no HARD effort is given to the exercises... Why do them???

Doing aerobics before or after weightlifting is detrimental to muscle growth. Your insulin levels will drop very rapidly after a good weight training session, promoting lactic acid and cortisone production will cause your body to seek a source of nutrients to feed itself. Since you haven't replenished your body with some glucose and protein, it'll feed from your muscles... Not something you'd like to happen...

I think not a lot of people can follow a strenous weight lifting program while following a strenous cardio program in one session. That's why I usually recommend that people cycle their workouts if their goal is to "trying to get back into shape"

Concentrate on improving your cardio for a week or two so your heart is ready to pump out as much blood as it can to cope with stress, and your lungs ready to work hard to supply oxygen to your muscles... When you finally have that, go hit the weightroom with max intensity. If you're not after bodybuidling, go high reps (12-15 max) but do it intensely. Muscle grows only with stress. Do that for 3-4 weeks, eat right, then go back to cardio to burn excess fat again...

This way, you'll always have a good ratio of muscle and body fat to work with.

If you check out most cardio "fans" in the aero room or the cardio machines, most of them are still fat. They may be smaller, but they dont know that they're burning so much muscles, that their body's metabolism has slowed down. They just became as smaller fat person from a bigger fat person.

About the body type, you dont have to be just one type, halos walang tao na isang type lang talaga unless extreme condition.... usually combi of the two (with meso in the middle of course, di naman pwede yung endo-ecto type hehe)...

I think you're a meso-endo, more on the meso side..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by kingkaboodles
    i agree with this. i'm not really aware of any local BB/Fitness boards.

theveed:: i checked out the link you posted on fat burning/training. ganda nung program. thanks!

okay lang ba substitute ko ung arnold press instead of the seated dumbell press?
    Yes, but won't make much of a difference, Arnold press helps when you need a little angle chance with your shoulder workout. I'd stick to regular presses if it was my choice. But it wouldn't hurt doing either...

today cardio. Kalistenics lang at punching bag. that ok?
    Depends on what your goals and fitness level is... Punching a heavy bag is a very tough workout... I'm planning to get one at home :D

As with any exercise, do it well, push yourself to the max, sweat it out, it'll always be a good workout no matter what your program is ...

Tsikot Fitness and Gym Thread