New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 22 of 321 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    tagal ko walang workout... 1 week... pag-balik ko sa thursday todo ko yun chest ko...

theveed: hindi ba masyadong mabilis yun 30sec rest? eh nagpapalit pa lang ata ako ng weight nun eh... try ko 2min... kasi napapagod ako eh...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    VW: Depende actually sa recovery rate mo and the weight you're lifting... Sakin kung mabigat 60sec to 75 sec ako nagrerest, pero kung mga 70-80% weight ko and I'm going for failure, 30sec is what I go for...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ideal ang 30 secs to 1 min rest time para mabigla at uminit ang muscle. nawawala yung daloy din ng dugo kapag matagal ang pahinga in between sets.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ah... ako kasi 120%-150% of my weight minsan... kaya siguro pagod ako... feeling ko nga na-overtrain ako eh dahil payat pa rin ako

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    VW: BY 80% I meant 80% of the max weight I can lift for that exercise, not body weight..

In my experience, ectomorphs are more prone to overtraining (or lack of recovery) than meso/endos...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    overtrain nga ata ako... ecto kasi ako... lumakas ako... pero nun august-october nagfluctuate yun laki ko pati strength ko kasi nainjure ako from may-july... lately bumabalik lakas ko...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    THEVEED!!!GRABE PARE!!!!

struggle yung program na binigay mo saken!!!na tetempt ako magbuhat..grabe..nandun ung mga kasama ko magbuhat...pinipilit ako..bwahrahrahrahr

naka 35 mins ako sa treadmill tapos pahinga mga 10 mins....tapos cosmic naman!!!yahooo!!!!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed, maganda ang repetitions mo for bulking up. My only problem with it ( if that was my program ) is the dumbbell flyes. Bulking up shouldn't include an isolation exercise. Bulking up, acccording to my readings, are compound exercises.

Another issue I find is the rest period. If you are lifting heavy, you need at least 2mins rest. Sabi mo depende sa tao kung gaano kabigat ang buhat di ba? I think kaya 45lb lang ang max mo eh dahil you dont get enough rest. Also, another misconception is the "pump it while its hot." I believe that our muscle needs an adequate rest before pumping more blood and oxygen into it in between sets. Remember, we grow while resting and NOT lifting. Kapag laging mainit ang muscle at sugat sugat ang muscle fibers natin, this is where plateau happens. Kapag medyo nag heal between sets ang muscle fibers, the potential for growth is more possible.

I've been to that REST period. Kapag medyo bumaba na ang heartbeat ko, saka ako bubuhat ulit without paying attention to the actual TIME. Sa incline dumbbell ko 12 days ago, 50lbs is my max with 3 sets of 4 reps. Yesterday, I was able to warm-up with 30lb dumbbell on incline bench and 4 sets. My work-set is 2x6 which is 60lb each dumbbell. My total set overall for incline alone is 6 sets. Imagine noon na hindi ako nag rest ng at least 2mins, I can only do 3 sets on 50lbs, 6 reps and one warm-up set of 40lbs.

My 6 sets of incline dbell is then followed by 3x6 bbell bench and I was able to add 15lbs on my bench. On my final chest exercise, I was able to add 15lbs on the decline with 4 reps of 1 set.

I used to stretch every set to 'pump' the muscle. But stretching is ideally done after the whole workout. It is also called warm-down period. The idea behind REST is not putting strain on your muscles. Stretching is also for JOINTS and LIGAMENTS but NOT muscles.

ssaloon, kung gusto mong uminit ang muscle mo at dumaloy ang dugo, you should have done ENOUGH warm-up. If you think you need to pump right away on your work-set, then you never had enough warm-up sets.

In my experience, ectomorphs are more prone to overtraining (or lack of recovery) than meso/endos...
    contradiction sa ginagawa mong REST period in between rest. OT happens as well when you perform TOO MUCH exercise for one muscle group.

I used to do this with minimal rest when I hit my plateau:

Benchpress 3x6 (compound exercise)
    Incline 3x6 (compound exercise)
    Flyes 3x12 (isolation, big mistake in my part)
    Dips 3x20 (isolation, another big mistake)

NOW:
    incline dbell: 4 x 10 / 30lbs (warm-up)
    incline dbell: 2 x 6 / 60lbs (work-set)
    benchpress: 3 x 6 / 150lbs (work-set) I could probably do 160lbs on my last set for 4 reps kung may spotter. this is 30lbs more than I weight.
    decline bench: 1 x 150lbs (work-set)

We'll see if my Max-OT program works. Stay tuned! :jump:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Karding
    theveed, maganda ang repetitions mo for bulking up. My only problem with it ( if that was my program ) is the dumbbell flyes. Bulking up shouldn't include an isolation exercise. Bulking up, acccording to my readings, are compound exercises.

I agree with you, the reason why I always incorporate flyes kasi is that that's the only exercise that i really feel my chest being worked, when benching, whether Im using a bar, db, machine, my shoulder tends to take over... Although I do flyes usually to exhaust my pecs after presses... I know, I have to work on my bench hehehe wimpy bencher ako hehe... I also got this program from ABC... 8 weeks to bigger pecs

Another issue I find is the rest period. If you are lifting heavy, you need at least 2mins rest. Sabi mo depende sa tao kung gaano kabigat ang buhat di ba? I think kaya 45lb lang ang max mo eh dahil you dont get enough rest.
    Actually right now I rest 75 secs. Can't afford 2 mins right now coz of time contraints. I'll either try to do less sets with longer rests...

Also, another misconception is the "pump it while its hot." I believe that our muscle needs an adequate rest before pumping more blood and oxygen into it in between sets. Remember, we grow while resting and NOT lifting. Kapag laging mainit ang muscle at sugat sugat ang muscle fibers natin, this is where plateau happens. Kapag medyo nag heal between sets ang muscle fibers, the potential for growth is more possible.
    True din... but my lactic acid builds up really fast if I rest too long, supplementation may help me here... I lose control of my muscle "feel" when they cool down, I usually stretch in between exercises (not sets)

I've been to that REST period. Kapag medyo bumaba na ang heartbeat ko, saka ako bubuhat ulit without paying attention to the actual TIME. Sa incline dumbbell ko 12 days ago, 50lbs is my max with 3 sets of 4 reps. Yesterday, I was able to warm-up with 30lb dumbbell on incline bench and 4 sets. My work-set is 2x6 which is 60lb each dumbbell. My total set overall for incline alone is 6 sets. Imagine noon na hindi ako nag rest ng at least 2mins, I can only do 3 sets on 50lbs, 6 reps and one warm-up set of 40lbs.
    Will try it out next week when I repeat my split... Actually, have I posted my new routine?

My 6 sets of incline dbell is then followed by 3x6 bbell bench and I was able to add 15lbs on my bench. On my final chest exercise, I was able to add 15lbs on the decline with 4 reps of 1 set.
    Nice...

I used to stretch every set to 'pump' the muscle. But stretching is ideally done after the whole workout. It is also called warm-down period. The idea behind REST is not putting strain on your muscles. Stretching is also for JOINTS and LIGAMENTS but NOT muscles.
    I have little flexiblity hehe, my ligaments are like 2 week old camto beef sa market kunat ko eh hehe...

ssaloon, kung gusto mong uminit ang muscle mo at dumaloy ang dugo, you should have done ENOUGH warm-up. If you think you need to pump right away on your work-set, then you never had enough warm-up sets.
    True, also, try to make your warm ups related to the muscle groups you're trying to work on. I usually just walk fast sa tread or bike fast for no more than 5 min to get the heart pumping. If it's my chest day, I do push-ups or bench with little weight... Otherwise, it'll take a long time for a certain part to fully warm up... I mean, if you're biking, but it's your back or arms day, it won't help much...

contradiction sa ginagawa mong REST period in between rest. OT happens as well when you perform TOO MUCH exercise for one muscle group.

I used to do this with minimal rest when I hit my plateau:

Benchpress 3x6 (compound exercise)
    Incline 3x6 (compound exercise)
    Flyes 3x12 (isolation, big mistake in my part)
    Dips 3x20 (isolation, another big mistake)
    Aren't dips considered as compound since you're moving more than 1 joint for the exercise?

NOW:
    incline dbell: 4 x 10 / 30lbs (warm-up)
    incline dbell: 2 x 6 / 60lbs (work-set)
    benchpress: 3 x 6 / 150lbs (work-set) I could probably do 160lbs on my last set for 4 reps kung may spotter. this is 30lbs more than I weight.
    decline bench: 1 x 150lbs (work-set)

We'll see if my Max-OT program works. Stay tuned! :jump:
    Good luck!

It's my back day today, as usual, grip and forearms are failing me... Maybe I should forget about my back for 2-3 weeks and just concentrate on forearm and grip training...

I love doing deadlifts and rows though...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    back and tricep din ako ngayon. baka gusto niyo i-share workout niyo para may variation naman ako later hehehe ;)

Tsikot Fitness and Gym Thread