New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 321 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ungas: Not really, like what Karding said, it really doesn't work that way. Side crunches will work your obliques well.

Just like any other muscle, though, bulging fat cells are ON TOP of the muscle, by building up the muscle UNDERNEATH the fat, you'll probably end up with a bigger gut/lovehandle than before. You'll need to burn off that excess fat in order for the love handles to disappear, there's no muscle there, there's nothing to exercise.

For most people, even if you don't do crunches, you'll have a nice waistline if you keep the bodyfat in check. There's no such thing as spot reducing since our body stores and expels fat in a uniform manner. Our midsection seems to be the "softest" spot for us since there's no underlying skeletal support behind it and the muscle around that area is relatively thin compared to our chest, back, limbs etc..

Ab crunches, by the way, is scientifically proven to be one of the least productive ab exersizes around since it works the lower hip flexors more vigorously than the rectus abdominis itself.

You can do hundreds and thousands of situps a day, without losing the fat underneath the skin that's on top of the muscle, the handles are there to stay.

I lost quite a few of my lovehandles by dieting, i hate ab exercises, I do reverse cruches and lower hip roll 2-3x a week only... but 1 month of dieting took out a big chunk of my love handles, i no longer have a bulge at the side of my pants... I need to go on if I have to get rid of the ones nearer to my lower back...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good point on the Ab crunches theveed.

I'm just glad I dont have to worry about that area

I have two exercises for my abs. Machine or cable crunch then hanging leg raises.
    Last edited by Karding; October 21st, 2004 at 01:55 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Waah, di ako nakagym this AM, supposed to be my "back" day, excited pa naman ako, medyo may flu kasi ako, sabi ni misis take a break muna hehe... Oh well... bukas nalang babawi... I love deadlifts and squats :P

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Back n traps ako kanina, pero what does squats got to do with ur back workout?

Its been 3 years since the last time I performed deadlifts. Kanina nagumpisa ako sa 105lbs ulit. I used to lift 165lb back then, hay buhay. I know 165lbs is nothing compared to most ppl but its a big jump from 105lbs.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala, binanggit ko lang na mahilig ako mag squats at deads :P

Mahina ako sa bench, will experiment more sa position kung ano mas OK... Dumbells lang gamit ko usually sa chest...

Sa deads, i lift around 80KG right now (di ko alam kung ilan yung long bar... ilan lbs/kg nga ba yun?)... Sarap ng feeling mag deads, buong likod, arms at legs sunog.... Sa squats ganun din...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    usually, 45-50lbs ang olympic bar.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako nag legs ulit ako after 2 long years. sa inclined leg press, kaya ko na 210lbs. pero around a month ago, hirap na hirap ako sa 90lbs palang. big leap din ako

bench press, max ko 180lbs, 6 reps with spot. pero ngayon, i'm pegging it na at 120 * 12 reps, 3 sets lang kasi ayoko na talaga kumapal pa. nagmumuka kasi akong mataba eh hehehe :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Freaky Greg Valentino... Forgot which kind of steroid he took for this... I don't get it... geez

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Para namang engot yan ,di proportion yung laki, nagmukhang lobo tuloy yung braso.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ewwww

it's like big bulutong!!!

Tsikot Fitness and Gym Thread