New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Longoria is gone, next next...

already texted ungas, he'll be making his pick shortly... ninuninuninuninuninu

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    3rd-4th round analysis naman diyan!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pucha rap video pala yung kay Tony ehhehehe.

French rap is so gay langya... hehe

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    pucha rap video pala yung kay Tony ehhehehe.

French rap is so gay langya... hehe
    hehehe napansin mo 'veed ha.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may nag request ng 3rd-4th round analysis eh :snob:

3rd round

Tracy McGrady - this is the classic boom or bust pick. two years ago he was a top 5 pick - not a 1st rounder, but top 5!! Kobe-level production. if he plays 75 games at that level (he did say in an interview that he's lost a step, so maybe 1st rounder material lang), PK might have won this league by getting him in the 3rd round. that's a big IF - anyone who's had a bad back knows that it can hit anytime and leave you (and Tmac's fantasy team) close to paralyzed. i should know - guess whose season he paralyzed 2 years ago?? :seeth:

Joe Johnson - another solid pick. very underrated in this year's drafts, and i don't know why. the injury was a fluke (he's hardly injury prone) and his numbers last year compared favorably with Ray Allen (1st rounder) except for the FT%. hope he keeps PG eligibility...

Allen Iverson - don't doubt this guy. just take my word for it ;)

Gerald Wallace - his production certainly justifies being taken in the 3rd round. but if he plays less than 50 games, it won't be worth it. calculated risk for FXT (there's a reason he's called Crash ) btw - Dirk, VC, and Wallace? parang mas pang roto ang strategy mo FXT ah...

Caron Butler - love this pick. the only thing he doesn't do is shoot threes, and he makes up for it with good %'s. but what really makes this guy valuable is 2 spg, along with all the other goodies (PPG, %'s, Rebs...even decent assists)

Rashard Lewis - Q: who was the #1 ranked fantasy player in Yahoo rules for the first half of last season? A: Marion? Kobe? Lebron? KG? Dirk? ALL WRONG. it was Rashard. the injury sucked, but y'all forgot what he did when he was healthy.

who let this guy slip to the third round? is this really league A??

Carmelo Anthony - the first pick i don't care too much for. his value centers around his points and percentages, but you kinda lose some of that by pairing him with D12. he still doesn't rebound too much or do anything else. but he was a monster in FIBA...maybe Ungas saw a breakout year defensively for Melo Yelo.

Baron Davis - not a bad pick if he can stay healthy (and play like he did in the DAL-GSW playoff series). but pairing him with Nash and Camby? yes, if these guys play 82, you've locked up assists, but you're canceling out Nash's stellar %'s with Baron's. you also have 2 of the 5 most injury prone players in the league in your first 3 picks

Chauncey Billups - see my comments on Joe Johnson. why is this guy slipping too? the model of consistency at PG...8 apg and decent scoring/rebounding for a G...but he has great 3pm production, gets to the line often and shoots 90%...but here's the kicker - try to find another starting PG who gets 8 apg and less than 2 TO.

Al Jefferson - homer pick alert! moving right along...

...just kidding. he played so well for part of a season that you have to spend a 3rd round pick to get him this year. he's the man now in Minnesota, and last season was just scratching the surface in his development

Ray Allen - see Johnson, Joe and Billups, Chauncey. why did Ray Allen slip? do you think his scoring will go down? maybe, but there are only three players worth anything on the Celts. an average NBA team scores 80-100 pts. Rayray will get his. best case scenario - he produces enough for a first rounder. worst case - a high-priced Mike Miller, which is still not bad (disclaimer: i passed on him too)

Jason Terry - don't like it, honestly. he's still an amazing % shooter for a 3pt gunner, but that's about it. he hasn't been a third rounder since he played for the Hawks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Empy: I gotta get a celt (former or not) one way or another bro hehehehe.

Like what i told ILD, this year's draft will be tough for me, amidst of relocating to a new country and all, i have done zero research this year compared to the last 3 seasons hehe... I'll get Craig Smith for insurance hahaha. You'll love my next picks (it's Homer's year, after all hehe).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4th round

Kirk Hinrich - ok pick. is he maxed out at 16 ppg/6 apg with decent stl/3pm, and horrible % and TO? i personally am tired of waiting for a breakout season, but this may be his year (yet again)

Michael Redd - great pick on the right team (i.e. a team of gunners). he'll do well with Kidd and Rayray. btw, typically when your 1st pick is Yao, people like to surround him with good % shooters. BB did the complete opposite strategy, but you can't argue with getting Allen and Redd in the 3rd and 4th rounds

Josh Howard - probably a bad pick in the 4th for anyone else, but a perfect fit for theveed's team. his defensive contributions and efficient scoring complement theveed's team perfectly. he knows exactly what team he's trying to build and is sticking to a strategy.

Emeka Okafor - don't look now, but when he's healthy his production is not too far off from his super-hyped draft rival, Dwight Howard. sure, he doesn't score as much (neither of them do anyway), and he doesn't have the fabled "upside", but he's a better defender, equal rebounder, and he doesn't murder you in FT% and TO like D12 does. biggest question mark is his health (that's a big ? too)

Antawn Jamison - great pick. let me know if you can find another 20/10 guy that hits 2 3pg and is not named Dirk.

Ron Artest - 2nd round talent if he were sane. but he's not.

Tony Parker - ah, so the Finals MVP finally gets him the respect. or was it bagging Eva that got him the cred? if you want a high FG% PG with great scoring and assists, then he's your man. but i wouldn't have picked him in the 4th because of his bad FT% (a killer for PG's in H2H) and minimal 3pg (also a killer unless you've given up on 3's). he's also a terrible fit for dehadista's team, because he needs another 3pt shooting, high FT% PG to complement Rashard and Gil Zero's strengths

Kevin Martin - not a bad pick, given last year's production. but people are naturally suspicious of people who have a breakout season out of nowhere. is it a fluke? no one hyped this guy before last year. did he find MJ's sneakers like that kid from Like Mike? :hihihi:

Luol Deng - excellent pick. a safer one than Kevin Martin, because at least everyone saw Deng's talent even in college. he just needed an opportunity (PT with Noc dying last season) and he seized it. i might even be tempted to take him over Josh Howard but not over Caron Butler

Zach Randolph - production last year justified a 4th round selection or higher, but i tend to devalue players who (a) are entering a new, unsettled situation, (b) get traded to the mess that is the NY Knicks, or (c) all of the above. but if you think that Burnt Marshmallow Man (props to ILD for the nickname), then pick away. 23/10 with good %'s

Mehmet Okur - his value comes from his status as one of the only C eligible players who shoots 3's. only draft him high if you are trying to build up your 3's and don't care if you lose in blocks (it's a killer otherwise to have a C that doesn't block). not sure he fits kimpoy's team but we'll see how it comes out.

Lamar Odom - PK's team is going to be very, very tough to beat. that is all

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    heps nahilo ako - si Tyson Chandler pala 4th rounder ni dehadista.

i commented to ILD that i thought it was a reach when m2 picked him in the 4th round of the league B draft. i still stand by that statement. Chandler's value comes from rebounding, shotblocking, and C eligibility.

but maybe you'll prove me wrong. after all, what do i know? pobreng taga-league B lang ako eh :cry2:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have a stragegy???? heheheheheh...

Tsikot Fantasy NBA Season IV (League A)