New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Patay thread namin, dito muna ako manggugulo. hehe, parang gusto ko na rin kumuha sa FA pool, thinking of picking up a combo guard, and i've got my eye on a few

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same injury nga si B Roy...talus bone, whatever the hell that is

Heads up GMs another MF surgery:

Bobcats forward Sean May will miss the rest of the season as he will have microfracture surgery to repair his right knee. This is the same knee that has been troubling May throughout his entire pro career, in which he has played only 58 of a possible 164 games since he was drafted in 2005. May averaged 10.4 points and 5.9 rebounds last season.

Since May has always been dealing with the injury bug, he hasn't been as valuable in most fantasy leagues. However, May did show sparks of potential last season, including a 32-point performance against the Magic. The Bobcats are extremely thin in the frontcourt, so look for them to sign a free agent very soon, Marc Jackson, is a possible fill-in.

I hope they start Fabio and Okafor in the frontcourt instead of Brezec.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi pa yata nag report si brezec sa camp... so malamang may chance si fabio

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    amfff naka 2 add/drops na tuloy ako :seeth:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    NEWS FLASHES!!!

So much for the guaranteed 20mpg...

Bucks coach says first-round pick Yi has been given no guarantees of playing time
    October 5, 2007

AP - Oct 4, 12:52 pm EDT
    More Photos
    ST. FRANCIS, Wis. (AP) -- The Milwaukee Bucks have not given first-round pick Yi Jianlian any guarantees of playing time, Milwaukee Bucks coach Larry Krystkowiak said Friday.

"It would be unfair to Yi, unfair to Charlie Villanueva, unfair to a lot of people because nothing is being handed to anyone coming into training camp," Krystkowiak said during the Bucks' annual media day. "I think what happened was that after he was signed, there was such pressure that he wouldn't play here after the draft, that a certain amount of face had to be saved."
    Bucks general manager Larry Harris, who took part in the negotiations with Yi and his representatives from China in August, confirmed there "were no commitment or promises made about minutes."

"The only commitment made was that we would develop him," Harris said. "He did not want to come to a team where he would languish on the bench. You make a pick that high, of course, we had visions of him playing. We knew the talent he had and we knew the kind of upside he has."
    Harris said Yi's representatives understood the significance of him agreeing to play for the Bucks.

"It is much different than most any other country in the world," he said. "We promised that we would make him the player we think he can be, he thinks he can be and his whole country, all 1.3 billion of them can be proud of."

On the other hand, Krystkowiak expects Yi to be a big part of the team this season because of his basketball skills.
    "We wouldn't have taken him if we didn't want to develop him to be a major part of our team," he said. "We are going to do what we are supposed to do and that is make him as good as he can become."

Yi, who arrived in Milwaukee for Thursday's practice after a 15-hour flight from Shanghai, was followed around the court at media day by a pack of reporters and photographers. His every move was captured and recorded by a group of Chinese journalists, who had followed him to Milwaukee.
    Yi said he was anxious to compete against NBA players.
    "I am looking forward to beginning my NBA career and learning how to play in this league," he said through an interpreter.

Krystkowiak and several players said they are not concerned about being able to communicate with Yi because he already understands a lot of English. Krystkowiak said he initially was going to learn some Chinese or put a translator on the team's bench.
    "It was (Yi's) decision that he wants to learn more English," Krystkowiak said. "He's the one taking the bull by the horns."

Krystkowiak said the team may use more hand signals to call plays or use play cards to ensure there is no chance for a misunderstanding.

AP - Oct 4, 12:51 pm EDT
    More Photos Guard Michael Redd said Yi is already pretty good about communicating on the basketball court.

"We were in the locker room yesterday and he said, 'What's good Mike,"' Redd said. "He's got a little bit of style and swagger already."
    Guard Mo Williams said the increased national and international spotlight because of Yi's presence would help other players on the team.
    "Being a small market, we are never on television and never get publicity," he said. "But now the spotlight will be on us. We have to come out and compete and show the world that we're a good team."
    Added Redd: "I'm glad to have him on the team. I gave him a big old hug when I saw him yesterday. He's a joy to be around so far. He learns quickly."
    Harris said he expects the addition of Yi, the signing of forward Desmond Mason and the return of Villanueva and Bobby Simmons to make the Bucks a playoff team this season.

"This is the most talented team we have had in my five years as general manager," he said. "I expect us to be good this year and for many years to come."

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the third consecutive day, Peja Stojakovic did not participate in the final portion of practice that was open to the media on Thursday.

so much for Herb Kohl's promise to the Chinese Officials

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    ang malas naman ng blazers...the curse of bill walton?

Bill Walton > Sam Bowie > Greg Oden???

Tsikot Fantasy NBA Season IV (League A)