New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah, injured pa naman si Dampier :D

Sya favorite add/drop ko the past 2 years hehehe.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    watch out for Luis Scola.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Deha: hayup ka hehehe

Mga FNBA Pimps kayo! :lol:

Kaman will be the man in the middle in LA :lol:

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dehadista View Post
    watch out for Luis Scola.
    telenovela?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In most fantasy sports, a players real life perception is generally close to his fantasy value. However, in fantasy basketball, several top fantasy players are not recognized as top-25 or even top-50 players by the mass media or the casual fan. In this first segment of Real Life vs. Fantasy Life we will examine three players who may not be considered top players by the mass media and the casual fan, but should be considered first rate players by fantasy owners.

Josh Smith

Real Life: Most fans would have trouble recognizing Smith in an airport or a restaurant. He doesn't have any national commercials and doesn't get mass media attention. He didn't play in college, so he is not as recognizable as past college stars who might be struggling in the NBA. Statistically, he is a good scorer, good rebounder and a great shot-blocker but does nothing to catch the casual fans eye. Ask 10 friends to name the top-25 players in the NBA and see how many times Smith's name comes up. With my friends, the answer was zero.

Fantasy Life: Smith is a great player. He is a good scorer who is only going to get better. For a small forward, he is a great rebounder, and may be the best non-center/power forward shot-blocker on the planet. He also provides a plethora of steals. When his shooting catches up to the rest of his game, Smith has the potential to be a top-five fantasy player. Currently, he would be a steal in the mid-second round of 12 team leagues.

Andre Iguodala:

Real Life: For his first 2+ years in the league, Iguodala was the second fiddle in Philadelphia to Allen Iverson. Iguodala was seen as a guy who has had some highlight dunks and who was a good all-around player, but not great at one thing. Again, ask 10 friends to rank the top-25 players in the NBA and see if Iguodala's name comes up. Again with my friends, the answer was zero.

Fantasy Life: Iguodala had a breakout season last year, as his scoring, rebounds, assists and steals all increased. Ask the seasoned fantasy player where Iguodala ranks, and you will get a lot of people putting him in the top-25. With his all-around play, Iguodala is a better fantasy option at his position than much bigger names such as: Vince Carter, Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony and Paul Pierce.

Al Jefferson:

Real Life: Jefferson is probably more well known for being part of the deal that brought Kevin Garnett to Boston than anything he has done on the court. Again, Jefferson didn't play in college, so he is not a big name in the minds of the casual fan. He also hasn't played for a winning team, so he hasn't gotten the national exposure that a deep playoff run produces.

Fantasy Life: If you don't know Jefferson's name, you soon will. Jefferson averaged 16 points and 11 rebounds a game last season. In fantasy terms his production was close to that of future Hall-of-Famer Tim Duncan last season. Jefferson will only get better as his game matures. He is only 21 years old and has gotten better every year. Playing with Randy Foye in Minnesota should only enhance his game. Again, his name may not say second round fantasy pick, but his game sure does.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Biggest A hole is Juwan Howard....While we were waiting for table outside NY restaurant we saw juwan ahead of us...we ask if me and and my friends can get a pics with him....he stared at us and said ..ok just a group picture not one by one and no authograph .. ok?.....We only ask to have pics and we don't need your authograph you fool!..... wow yan ang batang istar.

Down to earth and very friendly...Eduardo Najera and former pro Kenny Smith walking in mall ala alabang in Dallas TX I saw Eduardo with his family across the street...I shouted ..Hey Eduardo!!! too bad they sent you to warriors!!! we went to him and took a lot of pictures with my 2 year old daughter and his family.
    Kenny Smith....the best example of a pro athlete...no hot air, star feeling. He is a friend of my buddy in Brooklyn and they grew up together...walking 5 blocks in Manhattan with Kenny, new yorkers recognized him and stop for pics and autograph..Yo Kenny! very nice guy and treated us for lunch

Isuzoom: Post some pics here

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not good for portland...

Brandon Roy's troublesome heel will likely cause him to miss the entire preseason, although he says he wants to play. "Right now, my thought is he won't play in the preseason," coach Nate McMillan said. "(The preseason schedule) is not important. What is important is that we have him for the season." No one from the Blazers is talking about surgery, but given the nature of the injury (irritation of the talus bone), we're getting the sense that may be the only way to take care of the problem. Despite all of this negativity, Roy, who hopes to practice on Friday, doesn't sound too concerned. "It already feels much better," he said. "I'm not too worried about it."

looks like the same injury that knocked him off for some 20+games

Tsikot Fantasy NBA Season IV (League A)