• No

17 43.59%
  • Not sure

7 17.95%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    alam ko ang limit is 140 FBS. Una ko ng pa-check is 192 FBS ko, that is why sinabi ni doc na diabetic ako tapos nung 2nd test to confirm without taking any meds umabot yata 201 FBS tapos may challenge na gagawin to confirm. Umabot ako ng 357 FBS after taking the challenge and test pero now, FBS ko is 117 to 127 na lang. Effective naman yun mga gamot kaso inaalala ko lang yun Liver ko....
    Grabe, ako rin, i started at 350+! halos himatayin ang mga doktor nung nakita test results.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Mga sirs. The ADA (American Diabetic Association) yata yun, has lowered again the level to an Fasting Blood Sugar is consider high. Any value above 100 mg/dl is considered high already and positive. But most Doctors don't really consider you a full blown Diabetic unless you get one way over 150 mg/dl.
    They treat you as predisposed to getting diabetic and Diet and Exercise is usually recomended. No medications will be given.

i had a 131 mg/dl before but my weekly blood test has been below 100 mg/dl.

Diet and Exercise is the initial treatment for most patient which is diagnosed as diabetic. If Diet and Exercise could not lower the blood sugar then drugs can be made as an adjunct to the Diet and exercise. Diet and Exercise is the most important treatment to diabetics.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    my lola, 1 aunt, 1 uncle died of diabetis

my other uncle's foot got amputated then he died also

my oldest aunt is bedridden for more than a decade bec. of diabetis

my aunt next to my mom, has been in and out of hospital bec. of diabetis

to sum it up, I mentioned 5 uncles/aunts already. they're only 7 in the family.

me I go to starbucks every other day tsalap.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    2005 annual medical reveals na borderline na ako...

last year 2006, over the limit ako... 121 ata yung fbs ko...

this year di pa ako nagpapacheck...

ano po yung solosa?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    a drug that makes the pancreas produce more insulin

side effect: low blood sugar

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    my father is diabetic.

in my 2005 annual PE na detect ung elevated blood sugar ko that combines with my pre-existing fatty liver. sa sobrang takot ko having 2 little kids eh nag exercise ako araw-araw.

i got into cycling. i bike [mt bike and road bike] 1 to 2 hours almost daily. in the 1st 2 months i lost 30 lbs. then reduced my blood sugar level to normal. ung SPGT (liver blood test) ko eh nag dive down din.

since then i maintained that lifestyle kasi enjoy na , healthy pa...pero sadly due to my knee injury i was not able to bike in the past 4 months and I easily gained back the 30 lbs..pero for sure i will be back with a vengeance after my knee heals.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by migs26 View Post
    my father is diabetic.

in my 2005 annual PE na detect ung elevated blood sugar ko that combines with my pre-existing fatty liver. sa sobrang takot ko having 2 little kids eh nag exercise ako araw-araw.

i got into cycling. i bike [mt bike and road bike] 1 to 2 hours almost daily. in the 1st 2 months i lost 30 lbs. then reduced my blood sugar level to normal. ung SPGT (liver blood test) ko eh nag dive down din.

since then i maintained that lifestyle kasi enjoy na , healthy pa...pero sadly due to my knee injury i was not able to bike in the past 4 months and I easily gained back the 30 lbs..pero for sure i will be back with a vengeance after my knee heals.
    With your knee injury, it's better to walk.

[SIZE="1"]3396[/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid View Post
    Grabe, ako rin, i started at 350+! halos himatayin ang mga doktor nung nakita test results.
    Did you have any symptoms? My Mom was recently diagnosed with diabetes considering that she eats so little and even less of sweets. I noticed that she gets tired easily and likes to stay in bed the whole day.

I am a self confessed chocolate addict and I can't go a day without eating a bar of chocolate. I am scared to find out that I have diabetes plus I don't want my parents and Lola worrying about my condition. Will the sugar level go down by itself if you exercise more and eat less sweets?

Hindi naman nilalanggam towel ko but there was a time when I was drinking one 750 ml royal strawberry a day and I got itchy on my extremities (feet, fingers and head). It disappeared when I stopped drinking royal.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by zoom zoom View Post
    What's metformin for? ako kasi I have daily dose of solosa..
    ako naman

what is solosa.. kasi metformin 3x500mg daily ako.

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    metformin is generic Glucophage

blocks glucose production by the liver

decreases intestinal absorption of glucose

increases insulin sensitivity
    yup dalawa lang for diabetes, plus lipitor for the cholesterol. Nasa 180 plus pa rin yung FBS ko so may tweaking pa sa medication.
    Quote Originally Posted by juntzo View Post
    my FBS is 112 and my doctor said that i need not take any medicine yet? is she right?

iba yata figure ko di gaya nyo na FBS(fasting blood sugar)
    sa akin:
    Glucose (Fasting)............6.30.............3.89 - 5.83 mmol/L
    bale lagpas ng 0.27mmol/L. then neresitahan ako ng metformin 500mg 3x daily. ano ba solosa?

matindi SGPT ko 194 (0-41 U/L) aywan ko kung ano ito. and SGOT ko 247 (0-40 IU/L)liver enzyme daw yata di ko sure.

pero sa tanang buhay ko di pa ako nanilaw pero gagaya daw ako kay daboy kung di ako nag ingat sa life style ko higit na sa alak(complete no.. no.. ang alcohol) nakuuu pooo.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
    what is solosa.. kasi metformin 3x500mg daily ako.
    Solosa is a brand name for glimepiride, an oral hypoglycemic agent, meaning it lowers the blood sugar. It acts by stimulating the pancreas to secrete insulin in response to food intake. It comes in 1, 2, and 3 mg preparation and is taken once a day. Other brand names for glimepiride are Norizec and Imerid.

iba yata figure ko di gaya nyo na FBS
    sa akin:
    Glucose (Fasting)............6.30.............3.89 - 5.83 mmol/L bale lagpas ng 0.27mmol/L.
    Blood sugar levels are expressed 2 ways, namely by International Units (mmol/L) and by Conventional Units (mg%). You can convert mmol/L to mg% by multiplying the mmol/L value by 18.

So, in your case, 6.30 x 18 = 113.4 mg%. This is abnormal because it is above 100 mg%. Normal fasting blood sugar should be below 100% as ale828 had mentioned.

If your fasting glucose consistently falls between 100 and 124 mg%, and you are not taking any diabetes medications yet, then you are not yet a diabetic, but is classified as pre-diabetic. Here, diet and exercise alone will work well to get your blood sugar level back to the normal state, i.e. below 100.

At this stage (pre-diabetic), if not controlled, the destructive nature of high blood sugar is already at work, so really, we have to emphasize that the patient should lower his weight to the ideal levels (normal BMI) and exercise regularly.

Naku, mahabang usapin ang tungkol sa diabetes. And I can talk the whole day about it. But don't get me wrong. I am not an expert on it. It just so happen na diabetic din ako.

So ang payo ko sa mga sweet people like us, is to arm ourselves with the knowledge and we should understand the disease. Ito lang ang paraan para mapuksa natin ang mapanirang sakit na ito kasama na ang patnubay ng ating mga manggagamot.
    Last edited by ooba99; June 11th, 2008 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Sorry, can't seem to correct my quotations despite repeated editing. May "bug" laptop ko?

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Survey: Diabetic Tsikoteers