New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    What I have is GERD or Reflux Disease .

Long time sufferer na, 3 years I think. Tried everything including Nexium but then so far Kremil-S has done the trick but the best way to cure hyperacidity, at least in my case is:

1. Exercise at least twice a week.
    2. Avoid the following drinks: Coffee, Softdrinks, any kind of juice.
    3. Sleep early (yeah right, how can I when I'm glued here sa Tsikot! )
    4. Lessen intake of Fatty/Fried food like burgers, fries, most fastfood.
    5. Avoid your mother-in-law.

Langya ka Memphis, natawa ako rito.........

Pero palagay ko epektib nga ito.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    AFAIK, apple cider vinegar also helps control/prevent gall stones. I've tried this twice just to prevent stones kaso miniinom ko ng puro yung tablespoon! Sobrang asim! hahaha. Dapat pala parang juice -- hahaha.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    wildthing: so in your case, lack of acid yun...
    Quote Originally Posted by juntzo
    It's worth noting that symptoms of low acidity include:

- Bloating, belching, and flatulence immediately after meals.
    - Indigestion, diarrhea, or constipation.
    - Heartburn.
    I would like to believe na acid related kaso hindi ako sure na low acidity lang yun... kasi base on the symptoms listed ng low acidity...yung heartburn lang ang constipation ang present sa kanya.

Anyway, the result of the 10 calamansi juice routine did took effect for some time din (hindi very dramatic) ...I think in my wife's case, about 3 weeks before niya napansin na she does need to take her meds. In between that period (first two weeks na daily calamansi routine) napapansin lang niya that there were days that she doesn't have the heartburn episodes so she doesn't take her meds.

Ang maganda dun, since that time (nearly a year na) halos ilang beses na lang siya nagtetake ng meds niya (2 or 3 times na lang yata)... and the reason for that is mainly because pag nakalimutan o kintamadan yung calamansi routine ng more than a week ...kaya bumabalik yung hearthburn niya.

I also tried the calamansi routine on my "stress-related-heartburn" case at ganun din ito kaeffective for me. Pagkaunderstress ako, merun akong heartburn case pag morning (usually mga 7 to 10am nag-ooccur ke nagbreakfast o hindi ay lalabas ang heartburn).

But after using the calamansi routine, hindi na ako inaatake ng heartburn...no matter how stressed ang work load ko...unless kinatamaran ko rin mag calamansi for more than a week.

BTW it doesn't seem to work kung kakain ka muna ng ibang food/s before taking the calamansi.

Also, don't drink the calamansi in one gulp. Ideal way is to sip a mouthful and let it stay a second sa mouth cavity before gulping it... in this way it would probably take about 3 to 5 minutes to finish the cup/mug of calamansi juice.
    Last edited by wildthing; September 4th, 2007 at 04:32 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    AFAIK, apple cider vinegar also helps control/prevent gall stones...
    OT

there was this article we read naman to REMOVE or REDUCE the size of stones, drink fresh GREEN APPLE juice mixed with olive oil. They you need to lie on your side for a few minutes (forgot if it is left or right though).

Explanation, the malic acid in Green apple will cause the stones to "melt" or react. The olive oil is probably para ma-agitate ang gallbladder to produce/release bile thus (perhaps) opening the gallbladder and allowing the entry of the malic acid. The specific position will further help in the entry of the malic acid.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks for the info about calamansi juice. Haven't tried it yet. Maybe it works coz it is acidic also to replenish our stomach acid.

Anyway, I now love apple cider vinegar "juice" everyday. I have a bottle of it and a bottle of honey in my office ref. What I do is mix it in a water bottle & just take a sip every now and then hanggang maubos ko before I leave the office at night.

Of course avoiding foods that you know will trigger the stomach "pain" will definitely help. Regular aerobic exercise and not going straight to bed after a meal will help too... also elevating your head by using 2 pillows.

I hope those that will try this "new drink" will give their feedback in this thread so that we can confirm that this really works and it's not just a coincidence! I'm really very interested if this will alleviate or control your "stomach pain" like what happened to me. Thank you all in advance!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    thanks for sharing ser juntzo... masubukan nga rin. mga ilang inuman ba bago mo naramdaman ang epekto nito sa iyo? for years na, am suffering from hyperacidity???
    Epekto sakin agad! Ng ininom ko sa tanghali at gabi, nawala na yong burp ng burp ko bago matulog! Nakatulog ako na mabuti ang pakiramdam. Laking ginhawa talaga!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    "Avoid your mother-in-law!" :hysterical:

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Any feedback from those who tried already?

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar po ang tine-take ng aming buong pamilya pag hyper or hypoaciditya ng problema. Instant ang resulta lagi. Ginagamit din ng wifey ko ito as her daily drink dati para mag slim down, and it worked.

Juntzo, wag kang gagamit ng Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar for this purpose, hindi kasi pure organic yon. Talagang pang luto lang. Bragg Brand is the best, meron sa Healthy Options and Shopwise. Meron din sa SM Supermarket pero malilit lang. Di kami nawawalan nyan dito sa bahay at sa mga travel for about a decade now.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Di na ako gumagamit ng honey. 3 tablespoon sa half glass of water, ayos na.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Are suffering from hyperacidity? Baka low acidity yan?