New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^

Had it done more than 10 years ago.

Vision before was 400, after surgery it was 20/20 and after a few months went to 75-100 and stayed there.

It's generally safe as long as you do not have diabetes and/or similar conditions that affect eyesight (like pregnancy).

Side effect was glaring vision at night but only for a few weeks, now it's normal.

It's just a 10-15 minute surgery, no pain, no discomfort, was required to sleep for at least 6 hours after surgery so they eyes could rest. Maybe recovery is quicker now.

In my case, 20/20 after surgery and went to grade 75-100.

Surgery is not recommended for below 20 years old (I think) since the vision is still adjusting / degrading.

Didn't have dry eyes after surgery so it's probably case to case. Poor night vision, well, I've had poor night vision before surgery so can't comment on that.

Better wait until your 30 or when your vision has stabilized. Most people who opt for LASIK have grades of 400 and above.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    thanks a lot for answering my questions. i really want to have the surgery done since some of my activities i can't wear glasses and contact lenses for me are just uncomfortable and very irritating. searched the surgery on youtube and now i'm having 2nd thoughts of having it done.:bwahaha: shouldn't have watched that.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hayan, di kasi kayo nakinig sa mga lola nyo. nakakabulag ang sobrang jaks!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You don't feel nor see much during operation even while your cornea is being sliced. You'll just smell what seems like squid being grilled while your eye is being lasered. It's much more painful to go to the dentist.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    You don't feel nor see much during operation even while your cornea is being sliced. You'll just smell what seems like squid being grilled while your eye is being lasered. It's much more painful to go to the dentist.
    thank for clearing that up, kala ko kasi kahit papano may mararamdaman ka.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    hayan, di kasi kayo nakinig sa mga lola nyo. nakakabulag ang sobrang jaks!
    jak0l_

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Magkano price ng LASIK sa St. Lukes?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Ballpark figure is 50-60T for both eyes.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try mo din ask sa Asian Eye Institute (rockwell center and trinoma) and American Eye Center (shangrila and greenbelt). sa American Eye Center Shangrila nagpa-lasik ang mother ko, P25k both eyes but it was almost 5 years ago, could be double now.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    up ko lang thread na to planning to get lasik but have a couple of questions.

here are the questions
    when did you have it done?
    how is your eye vision now?
    how safe and dangerous is it?
    did you experience any side effects?
    what should i expect before, during and after the surgery? (pain,discomfort,itchy eyes)
    is it true that once you've had lasik done di na ulit lalabo mata mo?
    i heard it's better to have it done earlier since you'll have a better chance at getting 20/20 eye vision. how true is that?
    those permanent side effects mentioned earlier like poor night vision and dry eyes, where they able to fix it since optometrist now has better technology and more knowledge about it than compared to 5-10 years ago?

currently my eye vision is 175 on left and 125 on right also i have astigmatism and in my mid 20's. it sucks that my eye sight is that bad already at such a young age but my work requires me to be on the computer almost all day. 2 years ago lang nag start lumabo mata ko but once it started pa labo na ng pa labo.
    2005, in American eye center in Shang. costs Php65k then. vision is 20/15 - 20/20.
    it is pretty safe, my doctor told me before complications usually arise not from the surgery but during the healing process when you rub your eyes forcefully. you see, they will cut a flap in the cornea before you have the lasik. the lasik itself is not painful but they have to cut the cornea.

the operation lasts about 5min lang, they will put a contraption that will secure your eyelids so you will not be able to blink. you will experience extreme itchiness after the operation and make sure you do not scratch your eyes kasi yung cornea is still not fully healed and may dislodge out of place.

yung paglabo ng mata is caused by the elongation of the eye globe. i think better if you do the operation mid20's or early thirties since hindi na masyado nag elongate yung globe natin. this will be explained to you when you have the check up

side effects now..drying of eyes sometimes, starburst lights, poor night vision. they gave me a video of my surgery hehe parang horror movie, made me flinch when i watched it haha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Restoring Eye Vision