New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 132 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1631
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    tonight is the night.. magkaka alaman na.. wag lang tayo masisilat nang Japan!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ actually prior to their present naturalized player, puro sentro ang mga naturalized player ng lebanon sa mga katauhan ni joe vogel at jackson vroman.

si vroman naging import pa nga ng ginebra a year or 2 ago kaso naaksidente at namatay siya last june kaya siguro si youngblood na lang ang kinuha nilang naturalized player.

isa pang rason siguro ay at na-suspend din ng fiba ang national basketball association nila nuong 2013 dahil sa infighting kaya siguro gahol na din sila sa oras

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    hanggang ilan pwede isama sa roster na naturalized?
    Maximum of one lang, in the final 12 roster. Before this meron kasing initial 24 man roster lineup na pinasubmit ng FIBA wherein kasama si Moala Tautuaa as backup naturalized player.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Last night was a good example of our stagnant basketball program and how others are fast catching up If blatche is not playing for us, Lebanon could have a big chance of beating us.

Talagang NBA type ginagaya ng players natin.

Sana we can learn yun moving offense, Ball movement employed by other countries, hinde pwede puro one on one and just relying on talent.

Lebanon is a small team pala. Bakit hind sila mag naturalized ng center katulad sa atin.

What i love to see next gilas team is to go all "pinoy" with fajardo and slaughter as our center.

I know that we should take advantage of the rule on naturalized player but mas maganda manood ng all "pinoy" talaga competing.

Right now kasi every time I see blatche. I can't shake the feeling it's all about money. We are paying him to play for us.

Isa pa yan sana parang mga referees bawal mag cover ng game kung pinoy ka tapos gilas naglalaro. Eh lahat palpak ginagawa ng kalaban mga sinsabi tapos gilas is the super perfect team. Nawawala pagka impartial.
    Ang problema kasi andaming magagaling na player na hindi pinahiram ng mother club nila. Fajardo, Lassiter, Lee, Tenorio and etc. Naiingit nga si Coach Tab sa USA kasi 36 players ung nasa National Team Pool nila. Eh ung sa request nya iilan lang yung pinayagan kaya kung ano at sino available ginawan nalang nya ng paraan. Roster wise mas magaling pa sana ang Gilas 3.0 kung available lang lahat.

Regarding naturalized player, IMHO it is a privilege na dapat nating i take advantage. Even basketball superpowers like Spain may naturalized player eh, si Serge Ibaka. Saka hindi naman pera ng bayan ginagamit pambayad kay Blatche, sa pagkakaalam ko. It is all from MVP kasi wala namang concrete basketball program ang Pilipinas. It's more like catching up, to be frank. Kung ako lang din I don't mind paying millions basta maganda naman ang results lalo na sa current state ng Philippine basketball.

Edit: Dati ng malakas ang Lebanon parang tayo pa nga ang nag catch up ngayon e. I remember Lebanon's Fadi El Khatib torching James Yap, Mark Caguioa and etc in international games.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Last night was a good example of our stagnant basketball program and how others are fast catching up If blatche is not playing for us, Lebanon could have a big chance of beating us.

Talagang NBA type ginagaya ng players natin.

Sana we can learn yun moving offense, Ball movement employed by other countries, hinde pwede puro one on one and just relying on talent.

Lebanon is a small team pala. Bakit hind sila mag naturalized ng center katulad sa atin.

What i love to see next gilas team is to go all "pinoy" with fajardo and slaughter as our center.

I know that we should take advantage of the rule on naturalized player but mas maganda manood ng all "pinoy" talaga competing.

Right now kasi every time I see blatche. I can't shake the feeling it's all about money. We are paying him to play for us.

Isa pa yan sana parang mga referees bawal mag cover ng game kung pinoy ka tapos gilas naglalaro. Eh lahat palpak ginagawa ng kalaban mga sinsabi tapos gilas is the super perfect team. Nawawala pagka impartial.
    imho.... its all about pride and pride cannot win you the championship.
    there is a reason why FIBA allowed naturalized players. accept it or not, filipinos do not grow to be agile 6'8" - 7'0". if we do, napakalampa, awkward o madaling ma-injure.... our genetics did not make us that.

JMF is an exemption, but considering the load his body has, unang masisira dyan is yung lower (knees, lower joints) as what happened to Yao Ming.

if FIBA did not allow the naturalization route, it would just be an all out contest between Russia, US, Spain and other Euro countries and Australia and Canada.....

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    i was a basketball fanatic before until i realized that it's a sport reserved only for nimble giants. let us accept the fact that without an import we won't shine even in asia (our imports, whether in the pba or in the national squad, are not even star players in the nba). yes, let us grant we'll overpower iran or china or whoever is in the way to the finals of fiba asia, but we'll win only to be clobbered in the fiba world or the olympics. why not change our mindset? why not find another sport that we can dominate worldwide and pour in our limited resources there? well, i'm just wondering out aloud.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    i was a basketball fanatic before until i realized that it's a sport reserved only for nimble giants. let us accept the fact that without an import we won't shine even in asia (our imports, whether in the pba or in the national squad, are not even star players in the nba). yes, let us grant we'll overpower iran or china or whoever is in the way to the finals of fiba asia, but we'll win only to be clobbered in the fiba world or the olympics. why not change our mindset? why not find another sport that we can dominate worldwide and pour in our limited resources there? well, i'm just wondering out aloud.

like golf, badminton and boxing perhaps..... hehehehehe.... i agree, but factor in culture and sociology, we are influenced by the commercial stuff in NBA.... it was good then when Caloy Loyzaga plays center vs. other countries centers who are also about his size....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

like golf, badminton and boxing perhaps..... hehehehehe.... i agree, but factor in culture and sociology, we are influenced by the commercial stuff in NBA.... it was good then when Caloy Loyzaga plays center vs. other countries centers who are also about his size....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its the same as women's volleyball. they just realized it when our all star WVT was clobbered at the SEA games.... probably they forgot to realize that Thailand was way ahead of us, much more in the international stage..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

its the same as women's volleyball. they just realized it when our all star WVT was clobbered at the SEA games.... probably they forgot to realize that Thailand was way ahead of us, much more in the international stage..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's the only sports we know and love. And besides the money came from private entity.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I agree with you na di talaga tayo magdodominate with our height. Kaso yan ang hilig ng mga pinoy e. Basta may space magtatayo ng basketball ring. Parang ng hirap atang i-switch ang hilig. Since we are here in car forums, madali ba magswitch ng interest and passion from cars to let say airplanes and jets or other stuff? Maybe the next or 2 generations..

PHI - 2013 FIBA Asia