New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 52 of 164 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismarte View Post
    kulit nung mga comment... wag daw muna papasukin si Olsen hangat di pa tapos laban sa SoKor
    anong year nga ba nangyari ito?

di siguro makatulog si olsen ng ilan gabi dahil dun hahaha!

Ginto na naging bato pa

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009

Two years ago, Nash Racela was assisting his brother Olsen during the Energen Pilipinas campaign in the FIBA Asia Under-16 Championship in Nha Trang, Vietnam.

Their team got as far as the semifinals, where it was eliminated by a tough-defending South Korean side that shackled the Filipino boys’ high-octane offense.

Racela is presently serving the national cause yet again, acting as part of the Gilas Pilipinas coaching staff under coach Chot Reyes, and much like it was two years ago, it’s a South Korean team standing in the way of the Philippines in the semis.

“It’s actually a similar situation with Under-16, playing Korea in the semis. The only difference is that only two teams qualified for the world back then. At least now, we have two chances to make it,” Racela told InterAKTV in a text message.

Of course, the Racela family’s history with South Korea extends well into the past.

In 2002, Olsen famously missed two crucial free throws in the semifinals of the Asian Games basketball tournament. That allowed South Korea to steal the victory courtesy of a buzzer-beating three-pointer by Lee Sang Min that broke millions of Filipinos’ hearts.

Racela is hoping to finally get one over the South Koreans, in part for his brother’s sake, but not exclusively so.

“For (Olsen’s) sake, yes. But more for the country’s sake. It will be good for Philippine basketball for Gilas to advance to the worlds,” he said.

Thorn on the side

South Korea has been perhaps the biggest thorn on the side of Philippine basketball in international campaigns in recent years.

In 2011, the Philippines lost to South Korea in the bronze medal game in the FIBA Asia Championship, the same year the Racelas were frustrated by South Korea in the youth tournament.

A year after that, the Racelas were once again at the helm of the Energen Pilipinas squad that competed in the FIBA Asia Under-18 Championship. Featuring players like Ateneo’s Jerie Pingoy and Letran’s Rey Nambatac, the Philippines’ campaign was cut short in the quarterfinals by — you guessed it — South Korea.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Lakas ng Korea!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by antonath View Post
    July 31 yun date ng article eh.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk HD
    malamang nagbago na isip ni toroman

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Guys i have 2 extra Upper Box reserved seats, sold as PAIR.

PM me if interested

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by smarxist View Post
    According to TV Patrol, top three teams represent ASIA in Spain World Cup.
    I know sir, i was referring to the automatic qualification din for olympics. Champion lang pala automatic if ever. Siyempre gusto ko FIBA world cup sa Spain at Olympics pa sa 2016 sana. hehe

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    I know sir, i was referring to the automatic qualification din for olympics. Champion lang pala automatic if ever. Siyempre gusto ko FIBA world cup sa Spain at Olympics pa sa 2016 sana. hehe
    Ibang fiba event yon. Yung FIBA 2011 na Gilas 1 ay para sa London Olympics. Kung sasali ulit Gilas sa FIBA 2015 ay papasok sa Olympics yata top 3 plus merong wildcard.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Dream match yan pag pumasok Ph sa olympics then against USA. :cool:

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk HD

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    Ibang fiba event yon. Yung FIBA 2011 na Gilas 1 ay para sa London Olympics. Kung sasali ulit Gilas sa FIBA 2015 ay papasok sa Olympics yata top 3 plus merong wildcard.
    Kaya nga sinasabi ko na kapag sa fiba asia hindi ka nag-champion, may olympic qualifying pa. Kaya da best talaga mag-champion ngayon para both tournament automatic na tayong kasali. :-)

Sent using Lenovo via Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    12-21 tambak pa Iran... sige cheer sa taiwan para kahit papano may pag asa sa Olympics!

PHI - 2013 FIBA Asia