11 36.67%
  • Lakers in 7

2 6.67%
  • Celtics in 7

6 20.00%
Page 4 of 932 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MJ for me :wink: He's got LEADERSHIP above all, and can carry his team to the championships. Kobe is still overshadowed by the dominance of Shaq and unless he can overcome it, he won't be able to prove his greatness.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MJ ako... as what others have said.. he's got the charisma.. and when he does his tricks.. parang nde mayabang ang dating... nde tulad ni kobe.... for now kobe is a threat in the court..but that is because he is still athletic and all... wait years down the line when all that athletism has diminished.. tignan natin kung mag-eevolve ang kanyang style sa court.. if it does not... nde nya maa-achieve ang bball greatness that Jordan achieved.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon
    here's a statistical comparison between the two players....

MJ

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/michael_jordan/index.html?nav=page

Kobe

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kobe_bryant/index.html?nav=page

you be the judge... to each his own ika nga.

pero may tanong ako, how come kobe wears jordan sneakers? :wink:
    odell was ryt, idol nya si mj....ganun naman di ba? pag idol mo....gusto mo gawin mga ginagawa ng idol mo...

ika nga..pana-panahon lang yan... :wink:

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by preytoryan
    well, if you will compare the two using stats, hindi matatapos ang diskusyon simply because hindi sila nagkasabay, as in, in the peak of their careers. kaya nga tinamad na si jordan di ba? he said wala na yung mental challenges kaya nag retire sya. ngayon siguro, pwede nyong i compare si tmac at kobe. by stats and skills, pinili ng mga analyst si tmac over kobe. mga nba analyst na yun ha...

what separates jordan from kobe, and the rest, is how he made NBA a global game. in every part of the world, sumikat ang NBA, at kilalang kilala ang pangalang jordan. it is not just stats and numbers that made him famous. it is his charisma, attitude, dedication. i think we all know that someday, mabe break ni kobe lahat ng records ni jordan, except 1... and that is, yung 40pts at the age of 40... well, pwede pa rin ma break ni kobe kung aalagaan nya sarili nya...

hangat magkasama si kobe at shaq, there will always be questions about his greatness and ability to win rings.... simply put, shaq is still the most dominating player in the NBA.
    Hindi mabrebreak ni Kobe ang records ni Jordan in any given time. Nagpepeak na o nagpeak na si Kobe pero ni isang MVP wala pa siya. If there is a time para magstart, ngayon na yun. Ang problema rin, hindi mahihiwalay si Kobe kanila Tmac, Iverson, Shaq, etc. Hindi katulad ni MJ, when he was on his peak, no one came close. At kung nagkasabay man sila, the answer will still be the same.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    coming from an "oldie" like myself, BOTH are great. but im not a big fan of these 2 gentlemen. sabi ko nga late '70s pa ako nakatutok sa NBA. i root for sixers & celtics then bec of DR. J & larry bird.

now, for kobe, considering that he still in his late teens when he entered NBA and shocked the world w/ his stuff, wow thats great! as compared to jordan during his teens.

as for jordan, well what can i say, basketball will never be the same again after jordan!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    stat wise, maybe
    pero kobe cant duplicate what MJ has done for Bball

even ALI, Babe Ruth, Reggie Jackson, can't step up to his greatness
    di ba MJ won athlete of the century ng ESPN

bakit si barkley idol niya si moses malone,
    pero mukhang icon pa CB kesa MM

answer charisma! sometimes brutally frank

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MJ for me! - Michael Jackson! :mrgreen:
    MJ for me! - Magic Johnson! :P
    MJ for me! - Mark Jimenez! :twisted:

Si Jordan 2 times na nag-retire, pero twing babalik sya, inaabangan talaga!

Go Michael, Go Michael, Go Michael, Go, Michael Go, Michael Go, Michael Go (friend ko sya,hi! Michael Go!! :mrgreen:

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hehehe.. kala ko na kung sino, si Michael Go pala. mero ako kilala Michael Geronimo. :mrgreen:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I still have to see Kobe play basketball with his heart... like MJ played in their championship series against Utah Jazz, where he was stricken with a stomach virus and he kept his level of game despite of what he feels. The love and passion for the game was there... he could have died in a basketball game...

Those things makes Jordan different from the others...even Kobe.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    korek ka dyan OIC... just like this season.. biruin mo, at 40 yrs old, the only wizard na naglaro for 82 straight games! wow! tapos si stackhouse me konting sakit ayaw na maglaro... kaya nung mga last games na ng wiz e they questioned stack about his desire and dedication to help the team.

The Perpetual NBA Thread