New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 324 of 452 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374424 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 4513
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^actually nagsimula na ang suporta sa ilang sports like football and tennis (my first love). several fil-foreigners have returned and have donned the tricolors for the football team aka the azkals (the younghusband and the greatwich brothers who are quality players from the english farm league (iyong isa ata kukinin na ng isang major league team), hartmann and del rosario to name a few, are back home) the thing is limited pa din ang ang corporate support kasi limited ang exposure makukuha nila. you must remember football is not a tv sport primarily because breaks in play are few and far between. but the baby steps are there, yes it is slow and people mistake that for inaction. eka nga, nasa tamang direction na tayo. an increase in groundswell support is all we need.

its the same thing actually for tennis. the likes of atp pros cecil mamiit and eric taino have come back home and thus made significant headway in the last asian games and this year's on going davis cup (they recently trashed new zealand in the tournament). people like lhuiller and mvp are giving financial support to our rp team but they're not enough. again support lang natin kailangan and time. now i know i didn't answer your question but i hope i gave you the idea that things are happening in the philippine sports scene, it not hyped as much as basketball but we are moving forward, albeit slowly

ngayon, balik na tayo sa pba discussions uli
    Last edited by baludoy; August 8th, 2007 at 10:52 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    PBA body to name Webb OIC today
    By Nelson Beltran
    Monday, August 13, 2007

The PBA board of governors will name the man who will temporarily take over from resigned commissioner Noli Eala today in a decision it hopes would be the best it could come up with since it would impact on the progress and development of the pro league.

The board names the league officer-in-charge in a meeting at the Makati Shangri-La Hotel at noon.

If the board would go through an earlier consensus, Freddie Webb would be the choice to hold the rein in the league at least on a short-term basis. The former senator was reportedly assured of seven votes on the eve of the meeting.

“It would be hard to reverse the decision. The executive board is all for Freddie Webb and it enjoys the trust of the governors,” said a reliable course.

Four other personalities in former PBA executive director Sonny Barrios, UAAP commissioner Ed Cordero, women’s national coach Fritz Gaston and corporate man Lambert Ramos are the other candidates.

Webb, an Olympian and former YCO player who later on called the shots for Shell in the mid-80s, has said he welcomes the chance to make the league stronger.

The OIC is to run the affairs of the league during the transition period but could become the leading contender as the PBA’s seventh commissioner after Leo Prieto, Mariano Yenko, Rudy Salud, Rey Marquez, Jun Bernardino and Eala, depending on his performance.

“While the role of the OIC is a stop-gap measure, whoever is named will be a logical candidate for commissioner. It’s not a trial period because the OIC will serve a different purpose,” said board chairman Ricky Vargas.

Vargas, however, said they welcome those who will apply for the job of permanent commissioner.

Nineteen names were considered for OIC. Vargas said some of them would still be considered as the board makes a new list of candidates for the full-time commissioner. The board is to form a special committee to run the search.

Vargas said the committee choice would consider a background on corporate management in picking the commissioner

“In the long term, we will transform the PBA into a corporation with a president and commissioners for marketing and operations,” Vargas said.

The meeting is hosted by Alaska Milk with club owner Wilfred Steven Uytengsu treating the board following the Aces’ title conquest in the recent PBA Fiesta Cup.

It’s one of the last board affairs to be presided over by Vargas as he’s soon succeeded by Red Bull’s Tony Chua.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorak View Post
    PBA body to name Webb OIC today
    By Nelson Beltran
    Monday, August 13, 2007

The PBA board of governors will name the man who will temporarily take over from resigned commissioner Noli Eala today in a decision it hopes would be the best it could come up with since it would impact on the progress and development of the pro league.

The board names the league officer-in-charge in a meeting at the Makati Shangri-La Hotel at noon.

If the board would go through an earlier consensus, Freddie Webb would be the choice to hold the rein in the league at least on a short-term basis. The former senator was reportedly assured of seven votes on the eve of the meeting.

“It would be hard to reverse the decision. The executive board is all for Freddie Webb and it enjoys the trust of the governors,” said a reliable course.

Four other personalities in former PBA executive director Sonny Barrios, UAAP commissioner Ed Cordero, women’s national coach Fritz Gaston and corporate man Lambert Ramos are the other candidates.

Webb, an Olympian and former YCO player who later on called the shots for Shell in the mid-80s, has said he welcomes the chance to make the league stronger.

The OIC is to run the affairs of the league during the transition period but could become the leading contender as the PBA’s seventh commissioner after Leo Prieto, Mariano Yenko, Rudy Salud, Rey Marquez, Jun Bernardino and Eala, depending on his performance.

“While the role of the OIC is a stop-gap measure, whoever is named will be a logical candidate for commissioner. It’s not a trial period because the OIC will serve a different purpose,” said board chairman Ricky Vargas.

Vargas, however, said they welcome those who will apply for the job of permanent commissioner.

Nineteen names were considered for OIC. Vargas said some of them would still be considered as the board makes a new list of candidates for the full-time commissioner. The board is to form a special committee to run the search.

Vargas said the committee choice would consider a background on corporate management in picking the commissioner

“In the long term, we will transform the PBA into a corporation with a president and commissioners for marketing and operations,” Vargas said.

The meeting is hosted by Alaska Milk with club owner Wilfred Steven Uytengsu treating the board following the Aces’ title conquest in the recent PBA Fiesta Cup.

It’s one of the last board affairs to be presided over by Vargas as he’s soon succeeded by Red Bull’s Tony Chua.

Kaso si Barrios ang napiling OIC.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    candidate daw kasi for permanent commissioner si Web..

PBA board picks former exec as OIC
    By Nelson Beltran
    Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Renauld “Sonny” Barrios, an old hand in the Philippine Basketball Association- having served the league for 18 years, is making a comeback in the country’s pro league as its officer-in-charge while the league board is in search of a permanent commissioner.

The PBA governors unanimously chose Barrios to do the job during the transition period until the league has chosen the new commissioner who will take over the seat vacated by resigned commissioner Noli Eala.

In the same meeting at the Makati Shangri-La, the board formally elected Red Bull’s Tony Chua as the new chairman, Alaska’s Joaqui Trillo as vice-chairman and Ginebra’s Robert Non as treasurer.

Outgoing PBA chairman Ricky Vargas said Barrios, 59, would serve solely as OIC with no fixed term.

“We reviewed our criteria and Sonny Barrios came out as our unanimous choice as OIC,” said Vargas.

“He had the inside track because he knows the PBA well. Second, we read in the paper (The STAR) that he’s not interested to be the permanent commissioner and is just willing to help the PBA during the transition period. I called him up and he confirmed it,” said Vargas.

One criteria set by the board is the person to be named OIC automatically loses the chance to be the permanent commissioner.

With all the parameters deliberated on, the board immediately reached a consensus to name Barrios as the OIC. The governors said they never put the issue to a vote.

Trillo said Freddie Webb wasn’t named the OIC but he’s a strong contender for the top post in the league for the long haul.

Chua said they would form a five-man committee to work on the search. The OIC is also to help in the selection process.

“It happened so fast. I had no inkling I’ll be back in the PBA,” said Barrios, a long-time PBA executive director who also served as acting commissioner before giving way to the entry of Eala after the 2002 season.

Barrios is open to serve the league for only a short period as his family has set up a “care home for the developmentally disabled” in Sacramento, California.

“This is payback time even for just a short period. I want to give back to the PBA the benefits I derived serving them the first 18 years. I’d like to repay by serving the league in this transition period which is critical to the PBA,” said Barrios.

He sees no need to make drastic changes in running the affairs and operations of the league in his re-entry.

“Because I’d not been in touch, I’ll just see what’s in place there. There are approved plans and programs so I’m not starting from step one. There are policies to follow and from what I heard he (Eala) made a great job,” Barrios said.

Barrios thought the late former commissioner Jun Bernardino “is up there cheering for me.” He was with the Bernardino family as the departed PBA commissioner was enshrined in the Hall of Fame during the PBA Press Corps Awards night Sunday at Bayview Park Hotel.

“I’m following imminent persons in this position. So I’m so humbled in accepting it. I have to rise to the occasion,” Barrios said.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang gulo pa rin nila hanggang ngayon...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    wala bang bagong trade dyan?? kakainip naman.. walang action!!

teka eto nga pala bagong TV ad nang SMB

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    si mark andaya nasa redbull na daw mga kapatid

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    chico lanete is said to be practicing w/ PF already that's why maybe artadi is rumored to be on the way out. btw, i got this info from lanete's supposed "constant date"
    Last edited by baludoy; August 17th, 2007 at 07:26 AM.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    di kaya maubos ang mga abugado natin dito sa pangyayari na ganyan?
    maganda nga yan... dahil karamihan naman ay mga kawatan na politicians ! hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    with the recent debacle of our RP team, I think basketball should be our least priority when it comes sa international games...and concentrate our effort, resources to other sports where we have a better chances of getting gold...

PBA na ulit... (ARCHIVED)