New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 46 of 452 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ayos na sana sa 4pt play ni caguioa eh... kaso di nya na shoot yung FT, tapos ok na sana yung sadya ni helterbrand, kso naman nag apura...pwede sana drive yun, baka may foul pa. hhhmmmppp..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by resmile
    di pa rin na-break yung record ni jawo coming from a 3-1 deficit in a best of 7 series. Sayang! Muntik na!
    preserved na yan kay Jawo...

hanggang ngayon, wala akong kagana-gana sa apat na cojuangco franchise ng magtampo at eventually umalis si Jawo ng ipasok si Caidic as his assistant ng walang paalam...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse
    di yan nasama sa orig lineup ng redbull coz of age problem... after a year na sya nak-join, then nagreklamo pa ng playing time vs davonn harp...
    kung hindi sana maaga nag jump sa PBA si Danny Ildeponso kasama sana sia sa RED BULL(PBA) ..
    sila kasi mga AGFA boys sa PBL noon back up pa lang si Kerby Raymundo noon

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ano ba next conference? sana all filipino, mas matindi yung labanan pag ganun eh..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    best player of the conf. na si kerby

hindi pa ata natalo ng redbull ang chunkee during the elemination.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Go go PUREFOODS!

imo, mas maganda sana if Ginebra made it para i-revive yung old rivalry...That would rock Araneta!

Pero am expecting a good series din with RB....

Fearless forecast?....naah....just wanna enjoy every game!

BTW, do you peeps know kung saan mga venue for each game?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Tanquingcen apologizes to Kings fans
    By Joaquin Henson
    The Philippine Star 02/07/2006

Barangay Ginebra coach Siot Tanquingcen yesterday apologized to the Kings’ legion of fans for the team’s failure to advance to the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) San Mig Coffee Fiesta Conference finals.

Ginebra came back from a 1-3 series deficit to force a Game 7 against Red Bull in the semifinals but lost an 83-79 decision to the Barakos in the clincher at the Araneta Coliseum last Sunday.

"I apologize to the fans," said Tanquingcen. "I know their expectations were high. I was not able to deliver to the fans and our team management. I’m just hoping that in time, masusuklian namin sila for their support, patience and confidence."

Tanquingcen, 33, had no excuses for the loss and said a limited rotation was not a factor in the Red Bull series. The Kings lost center Andy Seigle four days before Game 1 when he suffered an anterior cruciate ligament tear in his left knee at practice. Seigle will be out for at least six months and will sit out the next conference.

"To be honest, there’s a lot to improve on," said Tanquingcen. "This was a learning experience for us, particularly the coaches. This will make us together next time. There were poor decisions made, like in Game 4 which we lost by three. I felt I should’ve called a timeout late in the game to map out a play. If we won, the series would’ve been tied and we wouldn’t have gone down 1-3."

Execution is what Tanquingcen said the Kings will work on.

"We tend to rely heavily on our individual talent," said Tanquingcen. "We’ve got to learn how to use our talent to execute our plays with teamwork. As the Red Bull series went on, I tightened our rotation and began to play most of the guys in our two championship teams, except for Mac (Mark Macapagal) who’s a good defender and scorer. I like Mac because he competes and gives us diversity. Not that the other guys don’t compete because they all do. It’s just that in the Red Bull series, it wasn’t so much about mismatches and Mac was a better fit in our system."

Tanquingcen admitted that Mark Caguioa was far from healthy in the series.

"We kept it a secret but Mark was hampered by a hamstring injury," he continued. "He was playing 60 percent. But he’s a true warrior. He never complained of the pain. He would even ask me to put him on the other team’s best offensive player. Because of the pain, he wasn’t as explosive and quick. And it showed in his stats."

Caguioa averaged only 9.8 points in the last six games of the Red Bull series. He hit at an 18.3 clip in the double-round classifications.

As for Jay-Jay Helterbrand, Tanquingcen said the long grind finally took its toll on the Kings’ floor leader.

"He hasn’t had any time off since recovering from his shin injury," said Tanquingcen. "From the Philippine Cup, he went straight to the national team then we started playing this conference. It had to be the wear and tear, more the mental fatigue. Sometimes, he practiced twice a day. The body can only take so much. He struggled against Red Bull (he didn’t score in double figures the last three games). His mother surprised him when she arrived from the US for Game 6 and that was a big boost for him."

kaya naman pala, that says alot about the character of these guys! Kaya love na lave namin sila!

OK lang yun Coach Siot, we're still proud of you guys!

Go Ginebra!!!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by marlon22701
    Tanquingcen apologizes to Kings fans
    By Joaquin Henson
    The Philippine Star 02/07/2006

Barangay Ginebra coach Siot Tanquingcen yesterday apologized to the Kings’ legion of fans for the team’s failure to advance to the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) San Mig Coffee Fiesta Conference finals.

Ginebra came back from a 1-3 series deficit to force a Game 7 against Red Bull in the semifinals but lost an 83-79 decision to the Barakos in the clincher at the Araneta Coliseum last Sunday.

"I apologize to the fans," said Tanquingcen. "I know their expectations were high. I was not able to deliver to the fans and our team management. I’m just hoping that in time, masusuklian namin sila for their support, patience and confidence."

Tanquingcen, 33, had no excuses for the loss and said a limited rotation was not a factor in the Red Bull series. The Kings lost center Andy Seigle four days before Game 1 when he suffered an anterior cruciate ligament tear in his left knee at practice. Seigle will be out for at least six months and will sit out the next conference.

"To be honest, there’s a lot to improve on," said Tanquingcen. "This was a learning experience for us, particularly the coaches. This will make us together next time. There were poor decisions made, like in Game 4 which we lost by three. I felt I should’ve called a timeout late in the game to map out a play. If we won, the series would’ve been tied and we wouldn’t have gone down 1-3."

Execution is what Tanquingcen said the Kings will work on.

"We tend to rely heavily on our individual talent," said Tanquingcen. "We’ve got to learn how to use our talent to execute our plays with teamwork. As the Red Bull series went on, I tightened our rotation and began to play most of the guys in our two championship teams, except for Mac (Mark Macapagal) who’s a good defender and scorer. I like Mac because he competes and gives us diversity. Not that the other guys don’t compete because they all do. It’s just that in the Red Bull series, it wasn’t so much about mismatches and Mac was a better fit in our system."

Tanquingcen admitted that Mark Caguioa was far from healthy in the series.

"We kept it a secret but Mark was hampered by a hamstring injury," he continued. "He was playing 60 percent. But he’s a true warrior. He never complained of the pain. He would even ask me to put him on the other team’s best offensive player. Because of the pain, he wasn’t as explosive and quick. And it showed in his stats."

Caguioa averaged only 9.8 points in the last six games of the Red Bull series. He hit at an 18.3 clip in the double-round classifications.

As for Jay-Jay Helterbrand, Tanquingcen said the long grind finally took its toll on the Kings’ floor leader.

"He hasn’t had any time off since recovering from his shin injury," said Tanquingcen. "From the Philippine Cup, he went straight to the national team then we started playing this conference. It had to be the wear and tear, more the mental fatigue. Sometimes, he practiced twice a day. The body can only take so much. He struggled against Red Bull (he didn’t score in double figures the last three games). His mother surprised him when she arrived from the US for Game 6 and that was a big boost for him."

kaya naman pala, that says alot about the character of these guys! Kaya love na lave namin sila!

OK lang yun Coach Siot, we're still proud of you guys!

Go Ginebra!!!

Well said. Okay na yan, sa AFC na lang tayo babawi. Biro mo 1-3, nakahabol pa.

Pero siyempre, sasabihin naman ng RB diehards niyan, "Ano pa ba bago?Siyempre talo, kaya maraming dahilan....."

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vhenok
    Go go PUREFOODS!

imo, mas maganda sana if Ginebra made it para i-revive yung old rivalry...That would rock Araneta!

Pero am expecting a good series din with RB....

Fearless forecast?....naah....just wanna enjoy every game!

malamang sa araneta kese mas malaki ang venue. si Pacman manonood bukas live sa araneta :D

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vhenok
    bro Vhenok ang confirm lang ay Game 1
    sa Araneta Coliseum guest si Manny Pacquiao..
    update na lang tayo dito kung saan ang venue ng succeeding games ng finals

PBA na ulit... (ARCHIVED)