New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 394 of 452 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 4513
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nag target shooting lang si lordy eh. hahaha

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    bakit ganon yung 1st game.. 1 point lang ang lamang.. 4x tumira sa tres.. di naman nila kailangan nang 3 points! coaching debut pa naman ni Kenneth Duremdes.. palpak!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    7 OR 8 FROM RP-TOKUSHIMA SQUAD TO GET ANOTHER CRACK
    At least 60 to 70 percent of RP-Tokushima team will be retained – Guiao
    Wednesday, 22 October 2008

National coach Yeng Guiao's last statement in Monday night's council of coaches meeting at EDSA Shangri-La turned out to be the most revealing.

"At least 60 to 70 percent of that RP-Tokushima team will be retained. Mga apat o lima na lang ang idagdag," said Guiao at the close of his first consultation session with former mentors of PBA-backed RP teams.

Present was Robert Jaworski, coach of the first all-pro squad that came in second to China in the Beijing Asian Games in 1990.

Also in attendance were Norman Black, the 1994 RP-Hiroshima mentor, Jong Uichico, who handled the 2002 RP-Busan selection, and Chot Reyes, who formed the 2007 RP-Tokushima Olympic qualifier squad from which Guiao will be picking seven or eight players for the 2009 FIBA-Asia World Championship qualifier in Guangzhou, China.

Based on the length of exposure and the statistical contribution they had in last year's qualifying tournament for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, hugging the inside track should be Kelly Williams of Sta. Lucia Realty, Asi Taulava of Coca-Cola, Mick Pennisi of San Miguel Beer, Jayjay Helterbrand and Mark Caguioa of Ginebra, Jimmy Alapag of Talk 'N Text, Gabe Norwood of Rain or Shine, and Kerby Raymundo of Purefoods.

That would leave four slots – maybe three if 6-10 Japeth Aguilar of Western Kentucky, son of former Northern Consolidated center Peter Aguilar, makes it from the United States – from the Magic 12.

Jockeying for position could be James Yap of Purefoods, Willie Miller and Sonny Thoss of Alaska, Cyrus Baguio of Red Bull, Arwind Santos of Air21, Ryan Reyes of Sta. Lucia, and Jay-R Reyes of Rain or Shine.

"Very fruitful and enlightening," said Guiao of the landmark session. "I'm asking their help in the formulation of the final lineup. I want them to critique the lineup that I'm going to show them before it is announced to the public."

A 15-man lineup is expected to be released in two weeks time, with practice to commence on Nov. 17 at the Ynares Sports Arena in Pasig.

Given the uncertainty of Guiao's initial plan to acquire a 7-foot foreign player for naturalization, no significant step was taken towards that direction during the conference arranged by PBA commissioner Renauld 'Sonny' Barrios.

"There might be some legal obstacle, but I don't think we should stop entertaining that idea," Guiao said. "However, I'm also ready to accept the fact that it might not be in this team."

Given the "one-shot-deal" nature of coaching a national team in the country, Guiao said, gathering former RP coaches for a pow-wow is the best option available.

"The way they can help me actually is for them to tell me what their mistakes were, and I will try not to repeat them," Guiao said.

"I'm going to step into their shoes and they're going to step into mine and we'll consolidate all that knowledge and experience. Certainly I will make mistakes, but hopefully fewer."

With the possibility of the tournament getting brought up one month ahead of the September schedule because of Ramadan, the Muslim religious observance which features sunrise-to-sunset fasting, Guiao said extra efforts will be needed to cover for lost training time.

"My estimate is for the team to play at least 20 games internationally, in Qatar, the Jones Cup, and in Europe, before the tournament," he said.

“But if the schedule is adjusted, then we may just have to drop the Europe stint and concentrate on the Jones Cup and Qatar. Another possibility is to invite foreign teams for a mini-tournament here like they did before." (TST)
    bat wala man lang sa choices niya si dondon? IMO siya pinakamasipag nung last time ah. mawala man offense niya siguradong maaasahan mo sa depensa. Asi pabagsak na laro, pero parang gumaganda laro niya ngayon. hehe. pagnakapasok si japeth, hindi na kelangan si mick.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    James Yap? Di ba sa track (100m dash) siya mas qualified? :rofl01:

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by flakez View Post
    bat wala man lang sa choices niya si dondon? IMO siya pinakamasipag nung last time ah. mawala man offense niya siguradong maaasahan mo sa depensa. Asi pabagsak na laro, pero parang gumaganda laro niya ngayon. hehe. pagnakapasok si japeth, hindi na kelangan si mick.
    Hindi sila bati ni Guiao... Diba knock down si Dondon nung biglang nasiko ni Guiao si Dondon

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    Hindi sila bati ni Guiao... Diba knock down si Dondon nung biglang nasiko ni Guiao si Dondon
    hahaha nagtatanim pala ng galit (di lang siko) si guiao. kung pwede lang isama sa line up si japeth aguilar, gian chiu at greg slaughter. idevelop na habang maaga para sa eventual retirement ni asi, mick, etc. madami naman tayong tall guards on the rise e (norwood, dilinger, helterbrand, etc). kelangan talaga big men (6'8" up).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    hahaha! oo nga pala, nawala sa isip ko un ah.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    di nakabawi si Penissi sa Red Bull... olats SMB...

after 4 wins, next year na ulit mananalo ang Beermen. hehehe
    Last edited by claRkEnt; October 25th, 2008 at 09:38 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post
    di nakabawi si Penissi sa Red Bull... olats SMB...

after 4 wins, next year na ulit mananalo ang Beermen. hehehe
    IF you say so, madam auring... :rofl01:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rich deal ng RedBull

rich alvares to PF, reunites with Villanueva, Topex Robinson, and Bugia

akala ko, done na sa mga deals si RedBull

PBA na ulit... (ARCHIVED)