New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 359 of 452 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 4513
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Post-game verbal tiff fuels title duel
    By Nelson Beltran
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 The post Game Two altercation between Sta. Lucia coach Boyet Fernandez and Purefoods’ cager Roger Yap is likely to further fire up the already intense Smart PBA Philippine Cup best-of-seven finals.
    Fernandez confronted Yap after the Realtors sealed a 2-0 series lead with a 112-101 victory Sunday at the Araneta Coliseum in a commotion after the game.
    “I just asked him (Yap) why he’s hurting Kelly (Williams) when the game was all (but) over,” said Fernandez.
    Purefoods coach Ryan Gregorio came to his charge’s defense and stressed his Sta. Lucia counterpart has no right to accost Yap after the game.
    “He (Fernandez) charged into my player, he cursed my player. We’ll not take that sitting down,” said Gregorio.
    “I have not seen a coach charged into a player after a won ball game. That’s not a class act. He’s been making a lot of enemies inside and outside the court. He’s offended a lot and that’s a matter of fact,” Gregorio said, alluding to Fernandez’ earlier spats with coaches Leo Austria and Tim Cone.
    Fernandez, however, said he’s taking things in stride after the post Game Two incident.
    “I have no quarrel with Roger. In fact, he’s my kumpare. I’m a godfather to one of his kids. It so happened that Kelly Williams is my player and I will stand by his side. ” said Fernandez.
    “I know coach Ryan (Gregorio) is a good motivator. I’m sure he’ll use this as a motivational tool for the rest of the series but we’ll be ready,” Fernandez added.
    Gregorio also stood by his player, saying Fernandez made false accusation.
    “He said Roger punched Kelly Williams. I’ve reviewed the tape but I didn’t see Roger throw a single swing. It was just body-up which they’ve been doing to James Yap and Kerby Raymundo for the longest time,” Gregorio said.
    Gregorio said they’re focused to pull a win in Game Three tomorrow although he has admitted that Sta. Lucia now has the psychological edge.
    “Our team has so much pride we’ll sure to start winning Wednesday,” said Gregorio.
    “The incident is a thing of the past. I will not dwell on it. If they will, then that’s their problem,” said Fernandez. “I’ll not go into some sort of psy-war, that’s not my game. I’d rather have the series decided on the hard court.”
    Sta. Lucia has established control of the series tipped to be dominated by Purefoods, winning Game One, 109-97, and repeating in Game Two, 112-101.
    Williams has been Purefoods’ biggest problem as the Fil-Am forward averaged 23.5 points and 11.5 rebounds in the series.
    Other Realtors playing key roles in the series are Dennis Espino, Nelbert Omolon, Joseph Yeo, Denok Miranda, Ryan Reyes and Marlou Aquino.
    For Purefoods, it’s been all James Yap and Raymundo in the first two games. But the Giants prized cagers had a hard time pacing themselves and have the tendency to slow down at the finish.
    oh napipikon na si gregorio..... just tell your players to play their games and not to hurt the opposing plater when the game is practically over....
    Last edited by shadow; February 19th, 2008 at 08:58 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mahirap ngang manalo ang PF kung iilan lang ang gumagawa sa team.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :boo:roger yap :boo:

I really hope that the commissioner will give a warning to this stupid player...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    game 3 na later, make or break game for purefoods

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    game 3 na later, make or break game for purefoods
    Panalo raw PF?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yup panalo purefoods. grabe si pj simon. and gregorio did a good job resting yap and raymundo. although sta lucia kept it close until the middle of the 4th period, sila naman ang naubusan ng gas sa end game. di rin nakagawa si williams. oh well, lamang pa rin naman SLR, pero syempre momentum now shifts to PF. it's a big confidence booster kasi ngayon alam na nila na kaya nilang manalo. tomorrow naman make or break ang SLR.

pero grabe si espino! ang lakas mamangga! nakakamiss panoorin yung mga ganung moves na gamit lang talaga ang gulang at brute strength.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    swerte PF, but not to take anything away from them, maganda talaga adjustment nila...swerte sila in the sense na off night si kelly williams...I think pag pumutok ang game ni williams last night iba ang outcome...kasi to think off night na si williams eh dikit pa rin ang laban all through out the game

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Malas kasi yung import ng SLR.......10 pts. lang. Kung hindi, 3-0 na.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this is big....

Yap suspension shocks Giants
    By Nelson Beltran
    Friday, February 22, 2008 Just as they seemed to have gotten the right formula to battle the Sta. Lucia Realtors, the Purefoods Giants found themselves in trouble again with top gun James Yap meted a one-game suspension for his flagrant foul on Joseph Yeo towards the end of Game Three Wednesday.
    Yap will serve the suspension as Purefoods and Sta. Lucia clash in Game Four of their Smart PBA Philippine Cup best-of-seven title confrontation at the Araneta Coliseum tonight.
    The Realtors are seeking to regain a two-game advantage while the Giants are gunning for an equalizer in the 7 p.m. contest.
    Before the game, the Best Player of the Conference will be announced with Sta. Lucia’s Kelly Williams tipped to clinch the honors.
    Yap, the Purefoods leading scorer averaging 25.3 points a game, was given a severe sanction that included a fine of P20,000 as he hacked Yeo on the face with the game already in the bag for the Giants Wednesday.
    Purefoods coach Ryan Gregorio was surprised by the Commissioner’s Office decision, saying Yap’s suspension will definitely have a bearing in the series.
    “I’m shocked. I never realized they could come up with that decision. I don’t think James’ action merited a stiff sanction,” said Gregorio. “I’m just a coach and it’s beyond me but I think the suspension would destroy the beauty of the series.”
    Gregorio also said they were not able to prepare for Game Four playing without Yap since the decision was handed out a little late.
    “I’m dazed. All we can do is to keep on fighting,” Gregorio said.
    Before the verdict was made, the protagonists were talking much about officiating – much more than the game.
    They just can’t and won’t agree on how fouls should be called with the offensive-oriented team wanting the referees to call it tight and the defensive-minded side hoping the refs to be more lenient.
    “If they call it the right way, we’ll win,” said Gregorio who was so intense in Game Three he was after the referees practically all night.
    “I was really confused in the first two games. I’d had sleepless nights because I don’t know how they’re gonna call it. I just realized I have to constantly remind them to call the infractions. Suddenly, they’re seeing the grabs and the pushes,” said Gregorio.
    Seventy-seven fouls were called in Game Three, compared to 60 in Game One and 66 in Game Two.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alam ng panalo na,

kinarate chop pa!

PBA na ulit... (ARCHIVED)