New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I was watching ESPN and they showed the new Heat coach which to me looked like he was part Pinoy. So I decided to google his name and I found an interview of him from Balitang America. Now that we have a Fil-Am coach when are we getting a Fil-Am player to make the NBA. Heck, we've had Fil-Am players make the NFL and ben stars(Roman Gabriel and Teddy Bruschi to name a few)

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5h9bK6ajIE[/ame]

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    half pinoy nga yung bagong coach. his mother is from san pablo laguna.

my barkada mentioned that he is a cousin of his child hood friend now based in the US. then i read it in the Phil Star and its true.

i just hope they use the draft very wisely and bounce back from a very very bad season.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    I was watching ESPN and they showed the new Heat coach which to me looked like he was part Pinoy. So I decided to google his name and I found an interview of him from Balitang America. Now that we have a Fil-Am coach when are we getting a Fil-Am player to make the NBA. Heck, we've had Fil-Am players make the NFL and ben stars(Roman Gabriel and Teddy Bruschi to name a few)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5h9bK6ajIE
    not in the near future.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So what????? Geez

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    So what????? Geez
    maybe he can invite some pinoys even for a summer camp or developmental league.

kahit ndi mismo sa NBA, bsta experience may maitutulong na yun. getting the feel of the game at the higher level.

believe me, if you're NBA material, the scouts will find you kahit nasa pinas ka, you don't need a fil-am coach to bring a Filipino to the NBA, sadly I don't see any pinoy good enough to make it to the highest level of basketball.

Heck Bill Velasco was hyping Japet Aguilar how he was a very good defensive player and that he is in the 2nd unit, so i was hoping to see Japet Aquilar play some minutes for Western Kentucky... I didn't see him come off the bench even garbage minutes wala, go figure.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ano yan, palakad hehe...

Heck, not even a coach's son (Karl) got into the NBA without going through NBDL...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i've seen him around the team and handling assistant coaching for awhile. i believe he started out with the team 6 or 7 years ago as a member of the AV staff. that's a meteoric rise indeed, but to hear him speak to his players or the media you know he's very intelligent and commands the respect of the team. most importantly, he has the fierce loyalty of his prominent players - Wade, Haslem, Shaq when he was there...

Fil Am or whatever, it's nice to see a good guy getting a chance.

New Miami Heat coach a Fil-Am