New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hey! Another 'series' of NFS!..though medyo late na ako dahil nung september pa yata ito ni-release.. May nakasubok na ba nito? Nakakita ako ng bala neto sa PS3..How's the game, anyone?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Medyo unrealistic pero for an NFS maganda na. I suggest getting Forza Motorsport 3 instead for the Xbox 360 miles better!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I'd really like to try it..kakasawa na Carbon and Undercover though di ko pa nalalaro ng husto yung pro-street, dahil di ko siya nagustuhan..I'm more of a street racing gamer

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Para siyang Grid. Perhaps Grid has better driving dynamics, pero if you use a steering wheel, NFSS is very generous with driving settings that you can tweak it to get that realistic feel. Provided na interior view gamit mo. Exterior view looks weird to me kasi parang weird yung motion nung kotse. :P

I have the PC version though. Not sure about how it would be kapag PS3 controller.

Cars are great, sounds are great, and this has got to be the best graphics in any pc racing game I've tried. :D

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'm still waiting for Gran Turismo 5.... Taking forever to be relased!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    SHIFT's physics and attention to detail are incredible. Better, in fact, in some ways than Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and Forza 2. It has good tire modelling and great weight transfer and physics modelling.

The gameplay, though...

It's short. Most people finish it in one week. The AI is aggressive and will sometimes push you off the track. In fact, the game encourages you to push other people off the track. Multiplayer is much the same way.

There's a physics glitch that makes upgraded racecars bounce uncontrollably (fixed in the latest patch) and when you drive over the limit, the game suddenly gets easier.

It gets harder and harder as you drive closer and closer to the car's limits... you will sometimes spin out... but if you purposely go into a corner too fast, it suddenly gets easier to brake (even with the ABS off) or gets very, very easy to powerslide.

It's a shame... besides this inconsistent gameplay behavior, it's a great game. Best to get it on the PC... the graphics are much better, and you can download mods and hacks for it already, to make the game even more realistic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I have NFS: Grid for my XBOX 360. Quite happy with it, though I missed the drag-racing NFS'.

Anyways, I`m planning to get a SHIFT also if it's available na in XBOX360 :question: and if the game is worth it. Mahal din original na game no !

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    SHIFT's physics and attention to detail are incredible. Better, in fact, in some ways than Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and Forza 2. It has good tire modelling and great weight transfer and physics modelling.

The gameplay, though...

It's short. Most people finish it in one week. The AI is aggressive and will sometimes push you off the track. In fact, the game encourages you to push other people off the track. Multiplayer is much the same way.

There's a physics glitch that makes upgraded racecars bounce uncontrollably (fixed in the latest patch) and when you drive over the limit, the game suddenly gets easier.

It gets harder and harder as you drive closer and closer to the car's limits... you will sometimes spin out... but if you purposely go into a corner too fast, it suddenly gets easier to brake (even with the ABS off) or gets very, very easy to powerslide.

It's a shame... besides this inconsistent gameplay behavior, it's a great game. Best to get it on the PC... the graphics are much better, and you can download mods and hacks for it already, to make the game even more realistic.
    In fact, if you don't drive aggressively, your driver level will go up more slowly because they actually offer you points for shoving your opponents off the track. Talk about promoting good driving manners.

Oh, and another gripe too, customization options were severely hampered here. Particularly I would've wanted to be able to change the color of the rims. Oh, and on the Audi R8, the game doesn't allow you to paint the carbon fiber panel on the side as grey, instead it goes with the same color as the rest of the body. It's a shame.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    double post.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    In fact, if you don't drive aggressively, your driver level will go up more slowly because they actually offer you points for shoving your opponents off the track. Talk about promoting good driving manners.

Oh, and another gripe too, customization options were severely hampered here. Particularly I would've wanted to be able to change the color of the rims. Oh, and on the Audi R8, the game doesn't allow you to paint the carbon fiber panel on the side as grey, instead it goes with the same color as the rest of the body. It's a shame.
    If you want the best customization options, the PC version is the way to go... you can even hack the gameplay to make the game more realistic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Need for Speed: Shift