New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 52 of 199 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 1985
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    16,525
    #511
    The reality is, the game changes. If you can't accept the fact that the pace of today's NBA is not the same as that 2 decades ago, that's on you.

    A whole new ball game: Quantifying changes in NBA basketball over the past 3 years

    So in a nutshell, how has the typical NBA team evolved? A typical 80ís team was fast-paced, favored the 2-point shot, was hungry for offensive rebounds, and relied mostly on Forwards for scoring. Think Birdís Celtics. On the other hand, teams from the 90ís and 2000ís were relatively slow-paced, and relied on Forwards and Guards for scoring. Think MJís Bulls, and the early Popovich Spurs. Finally, the modern NBA team loves the 3, is once again fast-paced, and is mostly reliant on Point and Shooting guards for scoring. The Warriors and Rockets of today are embodiments of this style.
    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,219
    #512
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The reality is, the game changes. If you can't accept the fact that the pace of today's NBA is not the same as that 2 decades ago, that's on you.

    A whole new ball game: Quantifying changes in NBA basketball over the past 3 years



    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I remember telling my high school coach that 3 pointers is the future back in 2007. Ayun, pinagtawanan ako.

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    945
    #513
    The rules have changed. Offense favours in today's nba. Defense is not the emphasis of the game anymore.

    Titira na nga lang ng libreng lay-up ipapasa pa sa labas for a 3-point shot

    Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,069
    #514
    Mahirap na kasi ngayon sa loob dahil sa zone defense. Plus wala na ngayong body utak para makakuha ng foul.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,186
    #515
    Wala ng Value ang mga big center ngayon mas priority nila yung sanay mag tres.

    Lakers: LeBron James says ‘you probably don’t want to be around when my patience runs out’ - Silver Screen and Roll



    Talo na naman pala ang. Lakers mukang mainit na ulo ni Lebron haha.


    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    21,678
    #516
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The reality is, the game changes. If you can't accept the fact that the pace of today's NBA is not the same as that 2 decades ago, that's on you.

    A whole new ball game: Quantifying changes in NBA basketball over the past 3 years



    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    And unless a new system usurps the current scheme, it will continue to dictate the NBA's landscape.

  7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    16,525
    #517
    Quote Originally Posted by essjei55 View Post
    The rules have changed. Offense favours in today's nba. Defense is not the emphasis of the game anymore.

    Titira na nga lang ng libreng lay-up ipapasa pa sa labas for a 3-point shot

    Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk
    If you read the article I posted - 3 pt FG% has increased dramatically. Why go for a 2 pointer when you can sink a shot with 150% more points with good accuracy?

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  8. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    945
    #518
    Kaya dapat mga teams ngayon wag na tumira ng dos puro tres lang. Parang sayang na lang possession kung dos ititira.

    Dying breed na talaga yung mga centers na "pound down low" yung game. Nakakamiss lang yung physicality ng games back then at puro depensa


    Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    13,041
    #519
    ^ eh kasi naman the nba crafted rules to specifically discourage the dominance of low post plays by mastadons. They wanted smaller players to dominate the game so that the average nba fan can identify w/ the iversons, the currys, the kidds, the thompsons, etc.

    And then david stern & co. also decided to loosen up defenses to free up athletic & exciting, lightning quick players by strictly enforcing the hand check rule. This brought the nba to new found popularity after the jordan era.

    do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do
    Last edited by baludoy; October 30th, 2018 at 06:48 PM.

  10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,246
    #520
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^ eh kasi naman the nba crafted rules to specifically discourage the dominance of low post plays by mastadons. They wanted smaller players to dominate the game so that the average nba fan can identify w/ the iversons, the currys, the kidds, the thompsons, etc.

    And then david stern & co. also decided to loosen up defenses to free up athletic & exciting lightning quick players by strictly enforcing the hand check rule. This brought the nba to new found popularity after the jordan era.

    do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do
    Tumpak.
    Just look how many who idolizes curry, irving, lillard and the likes.

    But, i think 5 years from now, big men will rule again (at least hybrid bigs). Embiid, ayton, towns, drummond, jokic, porzingis, etc).

    Gone are the days where big man are atrictly low post players.

    Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

NBA Season 2018-2019