New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 29 of 199 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    He's stocks is going down. We don't know if he'll be the same player now his playing with a different System.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    He's stocks is going down. We don't know if he'll be the same player now his playing with a different System.

Agree. Sino ba ang last spurs player na naging successful talaga after departing?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IT vets minimum...wala talaga ako kabilib-bilib diyan kahit doon sa Boston pa siya.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Agree. Sino ba ang last spurs player na naging successful talaga after departing?

Dennis Rodman NBA Season 2018-2019

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006

steve kerr

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinCycle View Post
    Dennis Rodman NBA Season 2018-2019

Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    steve kerr
    So either team up with a goat or retire para maging relevant parin. Let's see if kawhi will be as much effective as he was in SAS.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Re: Spur's "mishandling" of Kawhi's injury.

I've read article about this (kung hindi ako nagkakamali interview with David Robinson).

In that article, it was said that the Spurs are known to take care of its players, to a fault. They were the first to rest players in-season in preparation for the play-offs' long haul.

They are are player oriented. They sometimes allow family members in their team plane.

So back to Kawhi, he played nine (9) games this season. I'm not sure he was forced to play because he basically did not play.

What I know (or guess) is that he getting bad advice.
    There was a former athlete who weighed in on this. The reason some athletes (especially the stars) get a 2nd opinion is because team doctors are of course biased with the teams interest (meaning even with pain from the player as long as there's no major damage, they want you out there playing), whereas doctors not connected to the team will give an unbiased recommendation. Now everyone's tolerance to pain is different so we will really never know what Kawhi's was. I also think he could've played but due to the relationship being damaged (and him deciding he doesn't want to return) he probably felt it was better to sit out the rest of the season.

Look at Isaiah Thomas. He told the Celtics to bring out the Brink trucks. Yun pala injured siya but they made him play. Now he had to settle for the veteran's minimum! I think players don't want that to happen to them.

I'd like to look at it differently, that coming from a great system you can take that with you to another team and be successful like Cory Joseph when he went to the Raptors from the Spurs.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    ^
    I agree with you that sometimes, teams might force their players play in an injury. Case in point, grant hill.

But spurs is really known to take care of its players. Manu wont survive this long if he played for other teams. He acknowledges that as well.

Regarding former spurs players that has a better career outside was stephen jackson. (Just remembered him now). Corey joseph was average. And he is still average after the spurs.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^
    I agree with you that sometimes, teams might force their players play in an injury. Case in point, grant hill.

But spurs is really known to take care of its players. Manu wont survive this long if he played for other teams. He acknowledges that as well.

Regarding former spurs players that has a better career outside was stephen jackson. (Just remembered him now). Corey joseph was average. And he is still average after the spurs.

Was grant hill forced to play? Ang alam siya ang may gusto pa rin maglaro.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Was grant hill forced to play? Ang alam siya ang may gusto pa rin maglaro.

Hill opens up about injury treatment | FOX Sports

Yes.