New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by draiman View Post
    Yes, if you're not a practitioner. Parang watching clouds move. You'd rather watch a chess match.
    Contrary to what you've mentioned, a Floyd fight very much interest me, seeing how he evades punches coming. Pero sa mga taong gusto ng 'madugo' na laban, boring nga, I'm sure you'll enjoy an MMA fight instead, very messy most of the time...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hmm, hindi naman laging bloody, although there have been really bloody fights, only because the ref allowed it to continue.

Now, the early days of UFC, things really got messy -- because some of the fights were really mismatched, and they took in street brawlers along with real martial artists, and basically they were still getting a feel of what MMA was.

Biruin mo, a 5'7" ninjitsu guy fought a >300lb sumo wrestler?

Some fighters were allowed to continue fighting even with broken, swollen hands. Brutal talaga dati.

There was also this one fight, real big fat guy, street brawler, took a nasty spill, then got punched while still down. The back of his head bounced off the matt, nakita talagang tumirik yung arms and legs. Now that was scary.

These days me weight class na, fighters are better trained, rules have been refined. So kahit papano na minimize na.

If anything, if somebody lands a well timed punch, or submits his opponent, the match could be over in seconds, no time to bleed. Only one of Rousey's fights have lasted beyond the first round, she is that dominant.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    Anyone here who knows where I can enroll my 12 year old kid in this kind of art? Near Fairview... Yung mura Lang ha...
    Hi Glenn, just ensure that you enroll your kid sa school na may same age bracket, this is important esp. sa grappling, dahil sa injuries. Most of the time, pag hindi namo monitor ng instructor ang sparring sa grappling, it goes overboard esp. pag malaki ang bulas ng anak mo at ang ka sparring eh much much older.

Kung striking naman at hindi mma or grappling, kahit anong age ang ka spar okay lang, the important thing is may instructor sa paligid to monitor.

Try mo to, not familiar with this, ni-search ko lang, and it would be good to let us your know experience with them.

Regalado Mixed Martial Arts & Boxing Gym - Martial Arts School Philippines

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Hi Glenn, just ensure that you enroll your kid sa school na may same age bracket, this is important esp. sa grappling, dahil sa injuries. Most of the time, pag hindi namo monitor ng instructor ang sparring sa grappling, it goes overboard esp. pag malaki ang bulas ng anak mo at ang ka sparring eh much much older.

Kung striking naman at hindi mma or grappling, kahit anong age ang ka spar okay lang, the important thing is may instructor sa paligid to monitor.

Try mo to, not familiar with this, ni-search ko lang, and it would be good to let us your know experience with them.

thank you very much sa advice sir...!! i really appreciate it....

my 12 year old kid is already 5'7" tama ka nga sir.... baka magka injury...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

thank you very much sa advice sir...!! i really appreciate it....

my 12 year old kid is already 5'7" tama ka nga sir.... baka magka injury...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123