New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Natakot si Manny sa makeup ng misis niya nung fight night, kala daw niya si Madam Auring..kaya nawala sa wisyo

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sabin ni ariza nag heart to heart talked sill ni pacman after the fight...hind daw ginawa ni PAC yun condition kaya walang lakas si pacman...then Sabin ni ariza instead na matulog after a long training lumalabas pa daw ng 9pm at madaling Araw na umuuwi.. But PAC promise that he will now follow the regimen of ariza in his succeeding fights..there you go and PAC want JMM next year

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Cramps daw ang dahilan. Baka after finishing training, nag enjoy ng husto sa pag drive ng bago nyang Ferrari si Manny.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I watched the fight again for the second time last night and tried to analyze it more based on how the judging system is from what I read online. It did seem Manny still had a very slight edge in terms of the "aggressiveness" and "champion vs. challenger" argument.

If Marquez didn't become slightly complacent in the last two rounds and became the aggressor, then he could have sealed the deal.

Still, the 116-112 score is still kind of questionable. A draw would have been more appropriate...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PhilBoxing.com >> News >> Columns >> Manny Piol: PACQUIAO-MARQUEZ III REPLAYED AND DISSECTED

n the face of the so-called "controversial" victory of Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao over Mexican boxing legend Juan Manuel Marquez in their third meeting in Las Vegas last Saturday, I suggested to GMA Channel 7 Sports Director Chino Trinidad that the video of the fight should be replayed, dissected round by round and analyzed to finally clear the air of confusion.

Last night, shortly after I arrived in Salinas, California from Las Vegas where I watched the fight live with my brother retired police colonel Patricio and several friends, I called up Chino to suggest that fellow journalist and television sportscaster Ronnie Nathanielsz, who was reportedly quoted as suggesting that Marquez won the fight, be invited as one of the panelists so that the fight could be intellectually analyzed.

I offered myself to be part of the panel and I hold the firm belief that Pacquiao won the fight.

Chino told me he will convince GMA Channel 7 executives to agree to the proposal and that if it is approved he will air it on Sunday.

The reason why I suggested this to Chino is because I would like to help clear the issue once and for all, in fairness to boxing fans who have been left confused following suggestions that Marquez may have won the fight. Also, it should be done in fairness to Manny Pacquiao who is now being crucified for doing the best he could against a great nemesis.

Dissecting and analyzing the fight on a round by round basis will also help educate boxing fans on the finer points of the judging and scoring of boxing bouts.

I believe that the confusion right now is mainly because of the boxing fans lack of deeper understanding on how boxing bouts are judged and scored.

Boxing is not scored like basketball where the goals are totalled at the end of the fight and the team with the most number of goals wins the match. No controversial scores mainly because the determination of the winner is a product of the exact science of mathematics.

Such is not the case in boxing.

With three judges at ringside to watch and score the fight and a referee in the center of the ring so make sure that no fouls are committed, judging and scoring in boxing is more complicated and involves a lot of human influence and interpretation.

In a 12-round championship bout like the Pacquiao-Marquez III, the fight is judged on a round by round basis with each round judged and scored independently of the other rounds under a 10-Point Must Scoring System. This means that the boxer who wins the round gets 10 while the loser gets 9

Under the existing boxing rules, the fighter who wins the round by virtue of more effective punches connected, gets a score of 10 points while his opponent gets 9 points. When there is a knockdown, the boxer who scores the knockdown gets 10 points while the loser 8 points. Two knockdowns would be scored 10-7 while three knockdowns would be scored 10-6.

The boxer who wins the round because he threw three more effective punches than his opponent will get 10 points and his opponent 9. If in the next round the other boxer comes back and pummels his opponent with 20 more effective punches but fails to score a knockdown will also earn 10 points and his opponent 9.

At the end of each round, the judges submit their scorecards to the referee who then turns these over to the boxing commission at ringside. The judges then focuses on the next round and would again judge and score this independently of the previous round.

At the end of the bout, the boxer who wins more rounds on points would automatically win the fight.

Aside from this general rule on the scoring of a boxing bout, there are unwritten rules in judging a fight. First, the boxer who is more aggressive will often get the judges' nod in a very close round.

The other unwritten rule in a championship bout is that the challenger is supposed to prove that he is better than the champion. If all that he could do is engage the champion is a tight fight, he will fail to convince the judges that he is fit to be crowned champion and that probably all that he would earn would be a draw.

And this brings us back to my proposal to Chino Trinidad.

I believe Manny Pacquiao won the fight fair and square. Anybody who believes otherwise is welcome to dispute my perception on the outcome of the fight.

Let us sit down and intelligently review the fight with the intention of clearing this confusion and of educating Filipino boxing fans on the finer points judging and scoring a boxing match.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBRONghini6 View Post
    Si pacman ang nagdala ng laban dahil siya ang agressor. Challenger si JMM kaya dapat mabugobg nia ng husto si MP. Furst fight kay MP taaga yun. Bobo yung nagsabing kay JMM dapat. Kay MP ulit yung second although close. Ito dapat ang draw or SD. I just can't understand the 116-112 scorecard given by the last judge.
    I have to agre, 1st fight obviously to pacman since wrong scoring from one of the judges. Those who refute that does not know what a true fighting is. Obviously Marquez landed gopd shots mid to later rounds but he never rattled pacman. Iwas pusoy na lang siya, hindi na nakikipagsabayan.

2nd fight is a draw at best for Marquez, again he wasn;t aggresive enough for a challenger. Challenger ka eh, dapat ikaw yung may patutunayan. That has long been a proven adage in boxing. The champion need not pursue, in a close fight, the champ gets the benefit of the doubt.

3rd fight is the closest with slight edge to JMM so I prefer a draw at least. Just my opinion though, not a boxing judge afteral although I do box.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT, did anyone see how Jinkee P. looked that night? That was H-O-T!!! Hehe!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    OT, did anyone see how Jinkee P. looked that night? That was H-O-T!!! Hehe!
    iba hitsura nya..di ko nakilala kala ko si Madam Auring hehehe

anyway here is HBO version or its view

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH2RUwJE-IY]3rd-love-story.mkv - YouTube[/ame]

just in case youtube blocked it

http://************/*******_details/3...I?tab=comments

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala sa rules ng boxing na dapat aggressive ang challenger, wala rin sa boxing rules na "equity of the champion".

as for the much talked about compubox total punches, it's also an unofficial scoring. it;s just for reporting post fight to break down the fight better, if yan ang case the kung sino ang mas maraming total punches eh di sana panalo dapat si JMM nun 2nd fight dahil laman siya sa total punches based on compubox...

as I've said JMM didn;t do enough to win but more than enough for a draw...

116-112 saan kaya nanggaling yun? for that score it means Pacman won 8 rounds...so 4 rounds lang ang napanalo ni JMM?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    dito daw nanggaling..

in that judge's scorecard, Manny won rounds 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10 and 11

Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez 3 24/7 part 1( The official 24/7)