New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its actually for our security guards sa site. We are currently renting M16s kasi eh. Mukhang my boss is weighing renting vs. owning, kung ano syempre ang mas mura.

Nagtanung tanung ako. We can purchase one for 60k pero 2nd hand yun. 15k ang licensing. Brand new nga is around 200k and PNP lang daw ang pwedeng makabili ng bnew.

Tama ba?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Its actually for our security guards sa site. We are currently renting M16s kasi eh. Mukhang my boss is weighing renting vs. owning, kung ano syempre ang mas mura.

Nagtanung tanung ako. We can purchase one for 60k pero 2nd hand yun. 15k ang licensing. Brand new nga is around 200k and PNP lang daw ang pwedeng makabili ng bnew.

Tama ba?
    If it's just for security guards, you can get away with a good condition 2nd hand. It can only be assumed they won't be treated very well when it comes to maintenance, so why give them 200k original units? Also, I guess you'd have to weigh the reasons why they would have to carry m16's as opposed to standard issue riot shotguns and revolvers: Is what they are guarding such high value and sensitive items that they would need the high powered reach of a .223 round? My friend's security firm recalled all issue m16's because one of their employees fired one shot and the round went through 2 houses and injured a sleeping maid.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    buti pa kayo pede mag own ng assault rifles jan....dito kahit semi auto tepok ka pag nahuli :crying:

btw, i agree with OG...carrying around a weapon with high penetration, high velocity and a high rate of fire is a recipe for disaster in a homestead defense situation. you will have collateral damage to your property, neighbors and loved ones all over the place. get a shotgun.

there's a reason it's called an "assault" weapon and not a "defense" weapon ;)
    Last edited by empy; October 11th, 2007 at 10:28 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    i think high value/sensitive yung pinababantayan nila djerms.
    djerms; gano katagal ba nyo need yung M16? baka sandali lang. pero kung matagalan yan, yep i think much better kumuha ng 2nd hand .

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Sa Twin Pines me M14 at Ak47 at baka me bagong dating na stock sila. pero made in China lahat yun kaya mura.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO - medyo mataas din ang deterrent / psychological effect of seeing a security guard carrying an M16 assault rifle around.

If you are a robber and given a choice, would you rather hit an establishment with guards armed with revolvers or with assault rifles? :gun:

Plus, if they are already renting M16s, I guess that is a non-issue already. Baka na-discover na nila ang Yamashita's Treasure!

:shocked2:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm currently working for one of the big tycoons who owns a powerplant up north. We currently house sulzer diesel engines to supply power to the luzon grid kaya tama po si Niwde medyo high value ang assets na pinababantayan namin.

Most importantly its mainly for uninterrupted power supply to the Luzon grid. Mahirap na malooban ng mga rebel groups.

Hindi naman madami ang nirerent namin. less than 5 units lang naman and these are assigned to the detachment commanders. The regular security guards either carry a handgun or a shotgun.

Hindi ako bumubuo ng army, napag-utusan lang ng boss ko to compare the prices kasi shempre kung saan mas makakamura in the long run..hehe.
    Last edited by Djerms; October 11th, 2007 at 09:13 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    OT: Gamit na lang kayo ng scarecrow :shocked2: takot yang mga rebeldeng yan

Bakit di na lang kayo bumili ng machine gun na naka-labas yung lip lang nya sa door? Para pag may nag-attempt, isang pitik lang patay mga 10 na tao

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can make a fake Gatling gun out of some heavy-duty water pipes and a steel plate painted with matte black high temp paint... Just have that protruding from a slit in the guardhouse window...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    tsk tsk talagang mahirap pala magdala ng mahaba, kailangan magsanay ako ng dalawang kamay with each pistol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
M-16 Armalite