New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ive finally finished building my giant project, no pics yet hopefully this weekend i can post it na. i was gunning for at most 20lbs but the bike weighed 24lbs, i should've gone for the xt hubs and lost the diskbrakes and opted for vbrakes instead anyway it felt featherweight compared to my full susp bike of 38lbs! damn it felt very light! i got to try it on the 24hr mtbike race last sat-sun, we got 9th place (21 teams) in the all men category, not bad for our first 24hr, i had a personal goal of 20 laps but 19 lang yung narecord nila kakainis, our team had a total of 46 laps-14 & 13 for my other teammates (which shouldve been 47 since di nila nacount yung 20th ku badtrip!) baka partly my fault din, on my 19th lap i kinda shouted a wrong number since hilo hilo naku sa pagod, my palms and butt were bruised and blistered na

after my 19th lap, decided naku na yun na yung last but when i got to the transition area, everyone was egging me to go on and finish my final lap since i still got 5 min left before the cutoff so i did my final lap, nagmumura na nga aku nung pagpasok ku uli sa trail making a point to kick myself in the butt for being pushed by those who cheered, ok maybe not in the butt kasi bugbug na

i had a problem with the manitou fork pala, nalose thread nayung lower diskbrake caliper mount so i was just left with one bolt holding the brake caliper, sobrang hassle since the only solution that i can think of besides replacing the whole fork casing is boring tru para magkaroon uli ng threads but by boring thru, i also have to bore thru the caliper bolt mount which would weaken it. bakit kasi di nalang standard yung ginawa nilang caliper mount tulad nung marzocchi eh. i emailed answer products na but they still havent replied yet hay mukang palit pa ng bagong fork or go back to vbrakes nato

*fxt - you're using a manitou right? just take caution when tightening the bolt on the diskbrake mount and dont use 8in rotors without the proper adaptor, baka yun yung cause nung sakin kasi, i used it on a couple of dh competitions na walang tamang adaptor puro spacers lang kaya most force was absorbed by the threads during jumps and drops

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    anyone into racer bikes?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by morrissey_05
    anyone into racer bikes?
    i was thinking about buying a road bike for city commuting, pero sanay na ako sa riding position ng mountain bike, so pinalitan ko na lang ng slicks yung knobbies ko. wow, what a difference! it's still not as fast as a road bike, but it's a good compromise.

*miles, congrats on the new built and thank you for the heads-up on the manitou fork, but i don't ride nearly as extreme as you, plus i have no plans on converting to disck brakes, so no worries.

*ian_rex, any updates?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    tried using my tito's racer once, nakakalula sa nipis ng gulong, but man can you glide on those! racers usually pass us by on roads parang nakatigil ka lang haha

*fxt hey thanks no prob damn itll cost me 4k to have my sliders changed on those manitous rrr

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes
    tried using my tito's racer once, nakakalula sa nipis ng gulong, but man can you glide on those! racers usually pass us by on roads parang nakatigil ka lang haha
    sinabi mo...one time, my brother and i were cruising on our mountain bikes (no slicks), when a girl on a road bike (racer), passed us (parang nakatigil nga kami, he-he). na-challenge ata yung pagkalalaki ng brother ko, hinabol nya. naku, ambilis nyang mag-pedal, full-force talaga, but to no avail. nag-mukhang tanga lang sya, tawa na lang ako.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    nice discussion and even nicer bikes sirs! haven't been back on the saddle of my Haro lately. medyo busy po kasi at most of the time, tinatamad...hehehe.

OT lang po, baka po may nakita kayo sa one of those bike shops na Thule Spare Me Bike Carrier? Sa Thule shop kasi wala ako nakita, and if ever meron man, sobrang mahal sa kanila. Baka lang may nakakita na sa mga suki nyong bike shop na medyo mura. Other brands (generic or otherwise) would probably do as well.

Here's the pic:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    *fxt baka si kaye lopez of team david's salon yun? eto siya (blue shirt and shorts) at the 25k marathon, she can be my bike trainer anytime hehe

*swordsman i got a similar rack, giant for P2500 at Joven's way back 2004, it kinda looks like this...minus the strap to hold the bikes, it fits suvs and sedans

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    thanks miles. will check joven na lang pag nagawi ako sa area ng shop nya.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ano ba ok na transmission for MTB? Yung low cost lang. Yung kasama ng made in Taiwan, parating lumuluwag yung shifter (nagiging matic tuloy). hehehe. Thanks.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes
    *fxt baka si kaye lopez of team david's salon yun? eto siya (blue shirt and shorts) at the 25k marathon, she can be my bike trainer anytime hehe

*swordsman i got a similar rack, giant for P2500 at Joven's way back 2004, it kinda looks like this...minus the strap to hold the bikes, it fits suvs and sedans

I have a similar bike rack na pang trunk

but the good thing is pwede siya sa spare tyre, am using it on both jimny and CRV GIANT Brand sa akin

Looking for not so expensive Mountain Bike