New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoEinG_747
    nabuhay pala uli ang thread

post na ng mga pics ng bike natin
    here's my pride and joy. bought it dirt cheap sa e-bay. as you can see, tagpi-tagpi din sya, built with available parts from the ground up. it doesn't look much, but it weighs 24 pounds and climbs like a mountain goat.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    *AG4 - dont buy those, never buy bikes sa malls unless kung sa loob lang ng subdivision mu gagamitin ;) a kona full susp frame costs around 30k na (frame only) i remember seeing a kona stinky sa toby's ang layo ng itsura sa orig na stinky pati price malayo haha a built kona stinky bike retails around 100k

*ian-rex - shuzzs is right, the reason why there's too much traction is because you're using wide tires, here are basically the tire sizes and disciplines
    <1.95 - xc
    2.1-2.3 - trail/light FR
    >2.3 - DH/ extreme FR
    the bigger the knobs the more traction on dirt, the wider the tires the more friction so greater roll resistance

there are actually a number of good bike shops out there here are some:powerbikes (rockwell), detour (visayas), full throttle (rob pioneer), john wilkie (marikina), gproject (sta lucia), all tera (club650 libis), endless (prque), dans bikeshop (mkati), sabak (sta rosa), joven (marikina), bikeroom(cartimar), velo city(cartimar), ross (cartimar), kings (quiapo), cycle art (quiapo), kamikaze (metroeast)

>2.3 tires look macho right haha but they're horrors on long rides especially on pavements, anyway im currently using 2.3 tires for long rides (95 to 120km) till i build my xc/trail bike

*shuzzs - i know some guys who've spent more than 200k on their mtb so it not relatively cheap. there will be a 24 hr race pala, kita kits if you plan to join ;)

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    *FXT - nice, 24 lbs? kaya pala you'll climb like a goat hehe
    that manitou black is one hell of a fork, mine has survived 3 adventure racers, numerous epic rides, a couple of dh comps, jumps at UP, a 6ft and 7ft drop (although cant say the same for me) and numerous crashes, but im officially retiring it in DH less i retire myself, pinahinga ku muna siya till mabuo ku hardtail ku hehe there's a big diff sa susp and play ng manitou sa marzocchi, masgusto ku manitou talaga...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi miLes,

Yup... most of the Sabak boy's bikes are more than 150,000. hehehe

As for the 24 hr race... I guess not right now. Am still on the palakas stage.
    Hopefully in the future. Just got into biking last year. I am still learning a thing or two.
    But, I guess I'll concentrate more on the XC.

Hey... for a long ride with 2.3 tires... you are indeed a strong biker.

Maybe we can ride sometime. I'm from Sta. Rosa. I'm quite near the trails. This is one reason why k-in-areer ko na ang pag-b-bike. ;)

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    miles, might be buying 2.3 inchers. still, i'll stash 2.7's when i have extra dough. wala lang, trip ko yung itsura...OT: (am buying a stock rims upgrade for my car)
    Last edited by ian_rex; March 7th, 2006 at 11:47 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes
    *FXT - nice, 24 lbs? kaya pala you'll climb like a goat hehe
    that manitou black is one hell of a fork, mine has survived 3 adventure racers, numerous epic rides, a couple of dh comps, jumps at UP, a 6ft and 7ft drop (although cant say the same for me) and numerous crashes, but im officially retiring it in DH less i retire myself, pinahinga ku muna siya till mabuo ku hardtail ku hehe there's a big diff sa susp and play ng manitou sa marzocchi, masgusto ku manitou talaga...
    yeah, 24 lbs. the former owner was a XC/freeride racer so he put together some of the lightest materials he could gather (LX hollowtech cranks, weyless handlebars, etc.). my brother and i are still trying to figure out the brand of the frame cos he wants one (really light!), any ideas? i'm glad you were able to use the manitou forks to its full potential, sa akin strictly XC lang. i'm actually thinking about replacing it with a lighter fork cos i don't really need a fork with that much travel, kaya lang baka masira yung geometry ng bike. i really like the riding position. besides pwede naman i-lock yung fork. what do you think?

sir ian_rex, if you're thinking about doing XC riding someday, opt for lightweight parts over looks. you'd be amazed how a few pounds or ounces can make a difference when you're huffin' and puffin' out there. take out unnecessary parts such as reflectors, etc. (unless you ride in teh city as well). just my .02.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I sold my circa 1995 26 lb. MTB for 2000 petot to someone from GrupoToyota last year.

I'm thinking of buying a regular road bike na hindi naman masyadong pang-seryoso, so not-so-expensive din.

I'm still debating whether to build or buy.

Any shops to recommend? Ok na ba sa ebay?

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    here's mine...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbx986
    here's mine...

Hahahahaha.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    bossing, if you decide to build, let me know. i have an older GT karakoram (one of the best bikes they've built) that i was going to convert into a city/road bike, but just don't have the time now. marami na ngayon gumagawa nyan kasi they like the riding position of the the mountain and the speed of the road bike (mostly gulong lang ang pinapalitan). chro-moly ang frame which is not as light and quick as aluminum, but more forgiving. all it needs is a fork and it has LX components all around. perfect as a project bike.

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Looking for not so expensive Mountain Bike