New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    magsuot ka rin ng proper mountain bike shorts, yong may padding sa tapat ng betlog...para di sumakit at mamaga puwet mo. lalo na at very basic setup ng bike na pasok sa budget mo. kumbaga, pansamantala lang yan since madali masira piyesa nyan, mabigat, matagtag...at madali mo lang pagsasawaan pag hindi ka hiyang
    bagay lang yang ganyang bike kung paminsan-minsan lang at for short period ka lang mag-bike, at kung hindi ka talaga mahilig sa mountain biking.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TFX
    kasi I tried minsan sumabay sa mga regular na nagbibike, di ako tumagal at sobrang hingal ako tapos sakit ng binti ko.. hehehe..

my mtb is undergoing repaint, once mabuo ko try ulit ako.

blve_ice, thanks for the link. parang enjoy nga, kaya plan ko din try minsan.
    ganun talaga aku nga may mga nakakasabay aku girls na malakas pa sakin pumadyak haha the important thing is enjoying the ride talaga

tama si swordsman buy good cycling shorts yung madaming padding sa marikina try johnwilkie along jp rizal lapit sa concepcion si israel mayari

post pictures naman TFX pagfinish na ill try to post my bike pic here kayo din ownertype and blve_ice... sino pa

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    buhayin ko lang itong thread. i just got my mountain bike a few days ako. cross-country ang setup. still undergoing restoration. when i got the bike, its in a very bad state. walang deraileurs, gewang ang mga gulong, walang preno, bad bottom brackets, worst of it, didn't like the color... though on a closer look, the parts, well i got shimano hubs(front/rear), shimano alivio rapid fire/brake lever, 7 speed freewheels, triple plate sprockets(plato) and crankset, Lizzard V-Brakes, Maxxis Mobster 2.7 for the front and WTB tires 2.1 for the rear, double-wall rims, MOB saddle, suntour front shocks and odyssey pedals. all for 3 thousand pesos. what i did is that restore the the roller- bought shimano acera, restored the alignment of the wheels on front and rear, replaced the saddle WTB, bought cables for front and rear deraileurs, new set of brake shoes, cables, new handle grips, drive chains. planning to buy new sets of rims, disc ready hubs, new tires.

actually, something to look forward to during my weekends- even after office to unwind... na-mpluwesyahan ako ng brother ko, na may freeride na MTB...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    For 23k? I will get the Giant Iguana at 26k lang brand new a lahat. good frame SL aluxx na.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    buhayin ko lang itong thread. i just got my mountain bike a few days ako. cross-country ang setup. still undergoing restoration. when i got the bike, its in a very bad state. walang deraileurs, gewang ang mga gulong, walang preno, bad bottom brackets, worst of it, didn't like the color... though on a closer look, the parts, well i got shimano hubs(front/rear), shimano alivio rapid fire/brake lever, 7 speed freewheels, triple plate sprockets(plato) and crankset, Lizzard V-Brakes, Maxxis Mobster 2.7 for the front and WTB tires 2.1 for the rear, double-wall rims, MOB saddle, suntour front shocks and odyssey pedals. all for 3 thousand pesos. what i did is that restore the the roller- bought shimano acera, restored the alignment of the wheels on front and rear, replaced the saddle WTB, bought cables for front and rear deraileurs, new set of brake shoes, cables, new handle grips, drive chains. planning to buy new sets of rims, disc ready hubs, new tires.

actually, something to look forward to during my weekends- even after office to unwind... na-mpluwesyahan ako ng brother ko, na may freeride na MTB...

If you're not going to hit any serious XC trail there's no need to get disc brakes.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    actually, medyo malapit ko na palitan yung rims saka yung hubs kaya naisip ko magkabit ng discs. i still might want to consider hitting XC trailing after my project's done.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    2.7 tires are too much for xc lang. 2.1 is just right, dont be influence by your bro's FR bike if you're not into freeriding, they're both different disciplines
    fyi your suntour wont make it past 3ft drops but its good enough for xc riding

you're right in getting a diskbrake ready hubs, this will save you money when you've decided to get diskbrakes soon. take note of the rims thats you're getting, they might be for diskbrakes only...mapipilitan ka magdiskbrake nyan hehe

if you're done with your project pm me, we're always on the trails on weekends goodluck!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ianRex, miLes,

You may try this visit and join this site: http://pinoymtbiker.proboards7.com

This is a very good discussion board for all bikers (MTB, FR, DH, Single Speeds, Road Bikes, etc.) here in the Philippines. If you are really interested in MTB, you will learn a lot (I know I did) and really enjoy this site. C u!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for beginners punta muna kayo sa cartimar, for strolling along hindi naman kailangan dual suspension, a hard tail will do, also they are different sizes ng frame in accr\ordance to your height, lenght of legs etc etc...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    *shuzzs im a member na also pcn (philippine cycling network) ;) di masyadong active sa pinoymtb eh

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Looking for not so expensive Mountain Bike