New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hehe, mabuti pa itong si Morales may pride, si Barrera wala.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    naku po nakahanap n ng dahilan ang kampo ni morales.. tsk tsk tsk.. hindi talga mauubusan ng palusot pag natatalo

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    PacMan is the Best Fighter

THE way Manny Pacquiao destroyed Erik Morales in their “Grand Finale” fight, experts are now pointing in unison to the Filipino ring icon as the best, not only in his division, boxer of the world at this time.

James Slater of the www.eastside-boxing.com believed that the 27-year-old southpaw from General Santos City is now an “unstoppable force” and should be rated at the top of the pound-for-pound category. ”It looks to all the world that Manny is simply unbeatable at present,” Slater mentioned in his article after Pacquiao scored a third-round knockout over Morales last Sunday at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

”I honestly cannot think of any super featherweight that would be considered capable of doing so [beating Pacquiao]. And perhaps even a number of lightweights come to that,” he added.

Pacquiao retained his World Boxing Council International crown but the highest accolade in that division belongs to Marco Antonio Barrera, the reigning WBC super featherweight champion. The Filipino fighter is ranked No. 1 in the WBC super featherweight category followed by Morales and Humberto Soto.

Slater mentioned before that Barrera would get an exact revenge over Pacquiao if given a rematch but after seeing how the Filipino punished ‘El Terrible,’ he said, “You know what, I’ve changed my mind.”

There are reports that a Pacquiao-Barrera rematch is in the works sometime in March next year but the talk may hit a snag as the Filipino signed a four-year contract with Top Rank Promotions just after the “Grand Finale” showdown.

Pacquiao kayoed Barrera, who is under the stable of the Golden Boy Promotions of Oscar de la Hoya, in their last meeting in 2003.

Ring Magazine ranked welterweight Floyd Mayweather as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world today followed by middleweight Winky Wright and then Pacquiao. But Slater emphasized that Mayweather did not have the arsenal of Pacquiao and should hand the claim to Pacquiao as the best pound-for-pound fighter today.

“I am fully aware the Floyd Mayweather fans will strongly disagree with my assertions, but before anyone starts hurling accusations at me of being biased in the Filipino’s favor, I’d like to point out that the very same thing was accused of me of Mayweather’s favor not too long ago,” Slater furthered.

”I simply feel Manny Pacquiao is the very best boxer in the entire world right now,” he ended.

================================================== ====

This, I would agree. Talagang "the best" na si Pacman!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    better than pretty boy floyd? hehe imho i think it's just close..

what manny can do is hire floyd sr. to teach him to dock and parry punches

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Si Pacman, dinemanda na ng Golden Boy Promotions........

Golden Boy to Sue PacMan; Filipino
    ring idol No. 2 Pound-for-Pound

OSCAR de la Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions will sue the camp of Manny Pacquiao and wanted to enforce the seven-fight contract they had signed along with the Filipino boxer.

Richard Schaefer, GBP chief executive officer, said that their company’s contract with Pacquiao is valid. He said a battle in the court of law will be the best venue to settle the issue after Bob Arum of Top Rank insisted that his four-year deal with Pacquiao is the real one.

“We obviously have a valid, signed promotional agreement with Manny and we have all intentions to enforce it,” Schaefer told American reporter Steve Kim.

“And that’s really all there is. He signed with us first and I don’t know what he did with Arum but whatever it is, it’s obviously a very clear interference with our promotional and contractual rights. And anybody who would be a part of that obviously opens themselves up for legal claims.”

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Si Pacman, dinemanda na ng Golden Boy Promotions........

Golden Boy to Sue PacMan; Filipino
    ring idol No. 2 Pound-for-Pound

OSCAR de la Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions will sue the camp of Manny Pacquiao and wanted to enforce the seven-fight contract they had signed along with the Filipino boxer.

Richard Schaefer, GBP chief executive officer, said that their company’s contract with Pacquiao is valid. He said a battle in the court of law will be the best venue to settle the issue after Bob Arum of Top Rank insisted that his four-year deal with Pacquiao is the real one.

“We obviously have a valid, signed promotional agreement with Manny and we have all intentions to enforce it,” Schaefer told American reporter Steve Kim.

“And that’s really all there is. He signed with us first and I don’t know what he did with Arum but whatever it is, it’s obviously a very clear interference with our promotional and contractual rights. And anybody who would be a part of that obviously opens themselves up for legal claims.”
    Nakupo! Away to! hehehe!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Manny belongs in the discussion on who's the best pound for pound boxer -my top 3 are Manny, Floyd Mayweather and Jermain Taylor...and it's very close.

napa iling ako nung nabasa ko yung news na kakalas si Manny sa Golden Boy...why go through the distraction of trying to break your contract and risk getting sued, etc? maybe there's something below the surface here...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Bad Advisers.........

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    napa iling ako nung nabasa ko yung news na kakalas si Manny sa Golden Boy...why go through the distraction of trying to break your contract and risk getting sued, etc? maybe there's something below the surface here...

A case of "Nasilaw sa $$$"? Maybe Top rank is offering more "moolah".

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    A case of "Nasilaw sa $$$"? Maybe Top rank is offering more "moolah".

top rank (bob arum) doubled the price stated sa contract ni manny...and even the bonus he will receive..I heard from the news that he(manny) signed a 4 yr contract with top rank..that means, ung contract nya with dela hoya's golden boy promotions was null and void...so wait natin ang susunod na chapter..siguro legal battle naman...

people of america vs. manny pacquaio? (breach of contract) hehehe...

kaya ung barrera-pacquiao rematch, mukhang suntok sa buwan...heheh...

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE! PACQUIAO vs. MORALES - NOV. 19