New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I have never seen so many post explaining each other.

:fly:

Edit reality sucks!!!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    This is a money driven world we live in.

Anyway, as for helping, as the late Mother Teresa had said, If you can't feed the world, then just feed one. Just because you can't help the 11th man it means you should feel in any way sorry that you only helped 10. You did what you can and that's what's more important than being apathetic.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    *smooth,

i was saying that the cost of an entire course of gamma globulin for Kawasaki syndrome is around 20,000 pesos in the US and UK. so saying "mas mahal sa manila pen" doesn't cut it -- it's like saying manila pen costs more than the ritz or the waldorf-astoria.

profiteers lang talaga kasi mas mahal pa by a factor of 4 yung gamot nila kesa is 1st-world countries.

regarding dialysis, the cost of a single HD session in the US has been normalized at $183 per session (this is how much Medicare pays to the dialysis clinics). And the dialysis clinics have a profit of about $13 per session. (I got this information from a NIH study), so the cost is $170 to the clinic. that's all-inclusive and we must remember that

(a) labor costs for health care personnel in the US is astronomical
    (b) opex is also astronomical due to very high malpractice insurance rates

$170 = 8600 pesos.

this is why i find it difficult to accept that some clinics here charge 10k per session. ang laki naman ng profiteering nila even compared to US clinics!

yung 2.5k - 3k mas na-a-accept ko pa yun. but i believe anything over 5k is ghoulish profiteering on the desperation of people.

regarding the 50-peso potassium citrate guy: that's sad. arguably it would be better to spend say 2000 pesos on 40 potassium citrate capsules rather than use it to subsidize one person's dialysis session.

you are right. but just to clarify, i just have to say that it is difficult to compare prices between two countries because of the differences in taxation and health care programs. (1) the national budget for health is barely 5%. most countries, including our fellow asean countries, allocate about 15% for health. for us, this means less subsidies for healthcare and health programs for us. (2) ironically, we have some of the highest priced medicines (due to import taxes, peso-dollar exchange rate, etc) which translates to higher costs for raw materials (in this case, dialysate). (3) i don't think we have a truly comprehensive healthcare system. what we have are rules and laws on how-to and how-not-to operate specialty centers. we really do not have much government support (apart from the charitable government institutions) like say, tax-breaks for these centers, or lower electricity costs, etc. (4) you do know that we have one of the highest priced electricity around. again, this translates to higher operating costs. ultimately, all the four points mentioned above could translate to higher operating expenses to operate a dialysis center in our country vis-a-vis other countries previously mentioned.

i have to add that the UK health system is very very different from ours. also, the US health system benefits a lot from their very robust economy (compared to ours). also, the fact that many manufacturers of these equipments are based in the US and UK which could eventually translate to savings in capex and opex.

what's my point? in the end, there are so many factors which may contribute to having comparably lower costs for dialysis services in the other countries mentioned above, not necessarily due to profiteering on the part of local centers.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    hi gud day ever1!

can u help me with my Feasibility study..

i rily need to conduct a survey for dialysis patients..

i've been to different hospitals in Metro Manila but they are refusing to conduct it on their hospital..

hope to have a reply from you guys ..

thank you!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hmm... tagal na itong thread ko. BTW, my Uncle sadly passed away after two-years of dialysis in 2008.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by gjhel View Post
    hi gud day ever1!

can u help me with my Feasibility study..

i rily need to conduct a survey for dialysis patients..

i've been to different hospitals in Metro Manila but they are refusing to conduct it on their hospital..

hope to have a reply from you guys ..

thank you!
    mahirap kasi sa kalooban nang mga taong pasyente na eto at mga kamag anak nila na hinahalungkat pa ang kanilang karanasan at kalagayaan.

kaya ayaw nang mga hospital na gawin pa eto na ikadadagdag sa kahirapan nang mga pasyente nila.

sana maintindihan mo

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    I know this doesn't concern you much but I just need a little of your attention. I'm an incoming 4th year nursing student at Manila Doctors College and we need hemodialysis patients for our quantitative study entitled “Perceived effectiveness of health teaching and self care management of patients undergoing hemodialysis”.

We understand that hemodialysis patients (dead/alive) are incapable of answering such questionnaires due to pain and suffering their having right now. We recommend RELATIVES, who are taking care of them, can answer the questionnaire. This will not consume much of your time.

https://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-s...KNHII_804a5de9

It will be a very BIG HELP for us if you could answer it. Advance thank you and have a great day to all of you.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Oh my gulay...

namatay si Nanay sa Kidney failure due to diabetes....

Nadrained ako jan financially sa dialysis ni Nanay eventually noongnamatay siya, naibenta ko yung isang property na pundar ko bilang isang OFW...pero di ko pinanghihinayangan yung gastos ko sa kanya, sana lang noong bago siya kinuha ni Lord, nayakap ko muna siya....doon ako nanghihinayang...

June 2009, naglambing sa akin, umuwi daw ako gusto nya ako makita....umuwi ako, then noong pag-alis ko,umiyak siya, baka daw di na kami magkita..Jan 2010, yun na nga...how i miss her.

I love you mommy ko...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Kidney Dialysis Side Effects